Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro (1318 Views)

How Much Will It Take To Fix My Laptop Screen / Help Me Fix My Laptop Problem. / Where Can I Replace My Macbook Pro Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hello guys.

I have a Macbook Pro late 2011.
I was using it and it came off itself, and when I put it on back, it does not come on.
Details:
Apple logo light does not come on.
Keyboard light does not come on
It does not make any sound (the usual chime sound anytime it is switched on)
Fan is rolling
USB port can charge phones

I've tried everything I can by checking of its the RAM, SSD, but no solution.
I've also tried the solutions online, resetting NVRAM, SMC, etc, but none is working.

Who is a Macbook expert that can help me with what to do if it's something I can do at home or who knows an engineer?

My location is Ogun/Lagos.
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by kabeerhabe(m): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
where exactly are u, ogun or lagos, or do u mean berger or others that shares boundaries?

meanwhile, i will be training people on software development and web designing on 15th of this month(April) via an audiovisual screen record format uploaded in google classroom, to join just whatsapp me on 08093921440
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
kabeerhabe:
where exactly are u, ogun or lagos, or do u mean berger or others that shares boundaries?

meanwhile, i will be training people on software development and web designing on 15th of this month(April) via an audiovisual screen record format uploaded in google classroom, to join just whatsapp me on 08093921440

No, the Ota, Sango axis
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
rhodman:
Hello guys.

I have a Macbook Pro late 2011.
I was using it and it came off itself, and when I put it on back, it does not come on.
Details:
Apple logo light does not come on.
Keyboard light does not come on
It does not make any sound (the usual chime sound anytime it is switched on)
Fan is rolling
USB port can charge phones

I've tried everything I can by checking of its the RAM, SSD, but no solution.
I've also tried the solutions online, resetting NVRAM, SMC, etc, but none is working.

Who is a Macbook expert that can help me with what to do if it's something I can do at home or who knows an engineer?

My location is Ogun/Lagos.
Have you resolved the issue ?
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Donald3d:

Have you resolved the issue ?

I have not oo embarassed
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
rhodman:

I have not oo embarassed
WHat appl where you using when it suddenly when off itself ?
Did you shut it down, or it abruptly went off ?
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Donald3d:

WHat appl where you using when it suddenly when off itself ?
Did you shut it down, or it abruptly went off ?

I was charging and using it. I wasn't using any app.

Then I hibernated it and went out to get something. Then I came back (NEPA took of light) removed the charger then put it on.

It came on for like 2 to 3 secs then went off abruptly
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
rhodman:

I was charging and using it. I wasn't using any app.

Then I hibernated it and went out to get something. Then I came back (NEPA took of light) removed the charger then put it on.

It came on for like 2 to 3 secs then went off abruptly
There are many possible issues.
Is the charger still giving off charge ?
It could also be a hardware failure, hardisk, ram , or even worse the motherboard(but I don't think it is the motherboard, but I could be wrong)
Can you open it ?
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
Donald3d:

There are many possible issues.
Is the charger still giving off charge ?
It could also be a hardware failure, hardisk, ram , or even worse the motherboard(but I don't think it is the motherboard, but I could be wrong)
Can you open it ?

I've tried everything, and all seems working.

The charger is still working fine. Showing its normal green light when full and orange light when charging.
Hard disk and ram are working too.
I'm at the motherboard. I don't know how to diagnose that.

I've opened it.

Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
rhodman:

I've tried everything, and all seems working.

The charger is still working fine. Showing its normal green light when full and orange light when charging.
Hard disk and ram are working too.
I'm at the motherboard. I don't know how to diagnose that.

I've opened it.
Be careful while you are in there
Make sure the laptop isn't plugged while its open , you could fry the Motherboard(MoBo)
While you are in there, make sure you don't just touch any of the circuits with bare hands, you could also fry the MoBo with static electricity
Before you touch anything, if you can remove the battery, disconnect the battery and drain all residual power in the PC, by pressing the power button down for about 30 seconds after removing the battery.

Now that we have all that out of the way ....
How are you sure the ram and hard disk are working ?

Remove the hard disk, remove the RAM, hold the power button again for 30 seconds, be careful ooo, so you don't scatter everything cheesy cheesy , take pictures as you are removing stuff and label the screws with a paper, if they are not all the same size.

Now place one by one, starting with the RAM, there isn't really a way you can test the RAM in this case without testing it in another PC, same for the hard disk .

Now place the ram back, don't plug the battery in yet, connect the charger and try booting.....
If it comes on, shut down
Place the hard disk, and start alone with the charger again, don't plug the battery yet

If it boots up fine .....
Shut down again
If it doesn't the hard disk is faulty

If it does boot up
This time , place the battery in , and boot with only the battery, without the charger.
If it doesn't boot up, the battery might be faulty and giving excess charge or less or excess than required voltage to the motherboard

If none of these works, the motherboard might be gone, but try testing the ram and harddisk in another PC, before concluding the motherboard is bad.

The way the system went off, it looks like a power surge issue, this steps can help, if the MOBO isnt damaged
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
Donald3d:

Be careful while you are in there
Make sure the laptop isn't plugged while its open , you could fry the Motherboard(MoBo)
While you are in there, make sure you don't just touch any of the circuits with bare hands, you could also fry the MoBo with static electricity
Before you touch anything, if you can remove the battery, disconnect the battery and drain all residual power in the PC, by pressing the power button down for about 30 seconds after removing the battery.

Now that we have all that out of the way ....
How are you sure the ram and hard disk are working ?

Remove the hard disk, remove the RAM, hold the power button again for 30 seconds, be careful ooo, so you don't scatter everything cheesy cheesy , take pictures as you are removing stuff and label the screws with a paper, if they are not all the same size.

Now place one by one, starting with the RAM, there isn't really a way you can test the RAM in this case without testing it in another PC, same for the hard disk .

Now place the ram back, don't plug the battery in yet, connect the charger and try booting.....
If it comes on, shut down
Place the hard disk, and start alone with the charger again, don't plug the battery yet

If it boots up fine .....
Shut down again
If it doesn't the hard disk is faulty

If it does boot up
This time , place the battery in , and boot with only the battery, without the charger.
If it doesn't boot up, the battery might be faulty and giving excess charge or less or excess than required voltage to the motherboard

If none of these works, the motherboard might be gone, but try testing the ram and harddisk in another PC, before concluding the motherboard is bad.

The way the system went off, it looks like a power surge issue, this steps can help, if the MOBO isnt damaged

Thank you
I've checked the RAM and SSD previously on another PC and they were working fine.
I just tried all you wrote now, and it isn't coming on. I think the board is dead jare.
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
rhodman:

Thank you
I've checked the RAM and SSD previously on another PC and they were working fine.
I just tried all you wrote now, and it isn't coming on. I think the board is dead jare.

Eya
So, what's the next step ?
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by rhodman: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Donald3d:

Eya
So, what's the next step ?

I'll just wait till the lockdown is over, and take it to computer village to see if they can revive it.

Thank you
Re: Help Me Fix My Macbook Pro by Donald3d(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
rhodman:

I'll just wait till the lockdown is over, and take it to computer village to see if they can revive it.

Thank you
Ok, good luck

(1) (Reply)

USA Used Dell 3440 Intel Core I5 / Help - Yahoo Messenger Script Error? / Windows Media Player 11 or Media Monkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.