Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross (192 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross by alBHAGDADI: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Scroll down to see the picture below which shows Jesus Christ getting taken down from the cross after he gave up the ghost. What he went through was the worst punishment any man could receive and he faced it as a sinless man who committed no offence.

Today, there are two kinds Christians in the world who see the sacrifice done by Jesus in ways different from each other. The first group are called work based salvation believers while the second are known as Grace alone through faith salvation believers. Let's see what they believe and see whether the Bible supports it.

1.) Work based salvation

When those in this group look at what Jesus Christ did on the cross, they say it was to pay for their sins. At the same time they believe their sins can prevent them from heaven. What they are basically saying is that Jesus Christ dieing on the cross paid for all the sins they committed in the past, which means they will be held accountable for any sin they commit going forward. That is why they strive so hard not to commit sin because they believe their work or ability not to sin is what will get them to heaven. They have ignored the words of Jesus Christ seen below.

John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

They have ignored Jesus Christ and are relying on their works to get them to heaven. They are like Cain who relied on his ability to work and till the soil and grow fruits which he offered to God as sacrifice. His sacrifice was rejected by God because it was the work of his hand. He should have been like his brother Abel who had faith in God's word and followed the instruction to offer the blood of the lamb which was symbolic of the blood of Jesus the Holy Lamb.

Hebrews 11:4 KJV
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

As seen above, Abel did what he did through faith. The faith he had was after he heard the word of God instructing them on what to offer to him to be counted righteous.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Cain must have heard the same word of God and instruction which he disobeyed. He decided to offer the fruits of his own work instead of the blood of the lamb which pictures Jesus Christ. Cain was rejected for not following simple instructions. The same applies to some so-called Christians today.

2.) Grace alone through faith

Those in this group are following the footsteps of Abel. They rely on the blood of the Holy Lamb to pay for their sins. After accepting Jesus Christ into their life, they don't hold themselves responsible for any future sin they commit because Jesus has paid for it all. They avoid sin simply because they know God might punish them for it here on Earth but will never cast them into hell fire because Jesus has paid for those sins and has given them eternal life.

What is eternal life? It means life that never ends. That is what Jesus told us God gives to those who believe in him.

John 3:16 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Once you believe that Jesus, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, has paid for your sins of yesterday, today and forever, you will immediately have eternal life. Heaven has been made certain for you because no sin is too powerful to withstand what Jesus Christ did on the cross. He conquered sin and death on your behalf. He was crucified like the worst sinner, yet he was a righteous man. What happened on that day was Jesus Christ taken upon himself your sins and guilt and getting condemned for it, while his righteousness was given to you by God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You are now sinless and righteous in God's eyes. The world may look at you and see all sort of shortcomings, but God sees you with a different lens because the blood of Jesus is always interceding for you.

1 John 2:1-2(KJV)
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You don't have to strive to make heaven by the fruits of your own work which is by not sinning. God has given heaven to you for believing in Jesus. He will never take that eternal life from you or else he will be a liar. If he takes it from you, then it means the eternal life was never eternal because it ended the moment he took it back. But since it is eternal, he will never take it back because it is yours for believing in his son. You are no more condemned because you believe in the eternal life he gives.

John 3:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You are a true believer of Jesus Christ if you believe God has given you eternal life which never ends, which means you can't lose your salvation. Those who believe they can lose their salvation, which means they can lose the eternal life, have called God a liar because they don't believe in the record that God has given a never ending life to all those who believe in his son.

1 John 5:10-12 (KJV)
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Beloved, flee from Churches which preach work based salvation. They don't believe in Jesus, they just pay lip service and are into church business for the money. They are leading you to hell.

Many do not know the statement of faith of the church they attend. If your church doesn't have a statement of faith, kindly flee. If your church's statement of faith says work based salvation or you can lose your salvation, kindly flee without looking back. But if your church's statement of faith says eternal security of the believer or saved by grace through faith or once saved always saved, then you are in the right place.

If you have believed this sermon, kindly say the below prayer.

Lord Jesus I acknowledge myself a sinner and know that no matter what I do to avoid sin, I still won't be able to make heaven. You are the only way to heaven. I no longer rely on my works but on the work you did on the cross. I believe your word which says I will have eternal life if I believe in you. I now place my believe in you and believe you have paid for my sins, the ones of yesterday, today and the ones yet to come. I accept you as my Lord and Savior to save me from condemnation. Amen

Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross by AntiChristian: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2020
Wetin dey this pix?

Their God don die? See blood all over!

Men hanged God on the cross.

Men removed God from the cross.

God died and woke up after how many days and night sef?
Re: Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross by Abfinest007(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2020
otodo.i nor still understand
Re: Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross by CAPSLOCKED: 7:38am On Apr 12, 2020
I'M THE THIRD KIND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Kinds Of Christians And What They Think Jesus Did When He Died On The Cross by alBHAGDADI: 9:09am On Apr 12, 2020
AntiChristian:
Wetin dey this pix?
Their God don die? See blood all over!
Men hanged God on the cross.
Men removed God from the cross.
God died and woke up after how many days and night sef?
That act saved me for all eternity.
He has risen and willing to save you too.

(1) (Reply)

Little Money Or Foodstuff Here In Osogbo / All Attacks. / I Slept For Weeks But Did Not Receive My Healing In Tb Joshua's Church,my Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.