Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

How To Stay Happy During Crisis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stay Happy During Crisis (129 Views)

9 Tips To Stay Happy Everyday / How To Stay Happy As A Girl During Your Period (video) / Should You Rely On Social Media Or Text Messages During Crisis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Happy During Crisis by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 12, 2020
“Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.”– Carl Jung

Crisis period demands so much from us in order to stay in the game of life, especially if we have been used to displaying strength during our toughest fights.

The current pandemic ravaging the world wasn't an event most futurist had envisaged in anyway.

For almost all of us, it came like a surprise. A terrible one. But, isn't that how most crisis are? Arriving in lives and places not prepared for them!

When I made up my mind to write this morning, I was thinking of the most appropriate thing to write about that would benefit us this period. I had shared in my last post on how to keep up with our emotional wellness during crisis (please see it here).

In the most challenging period of our lives, such as this, happiness isn't likely what we'd be thinking about. Our mind is so fixated on the problem, that if we are not careful, some people would even die before the problem actually gets to them, mainly from what they've heard about the situation. No wonder people who haven't had the virus seems more fearful right now.

At least, the one who already has it, becomes more focused on getting out of it. And resorts to becoming solution focused in order to survive it.

The natural tendency we have to run mostly from our problems or talk a lot about it can be a disservice to our mental health when problem arise. Our attempts to take flight from the problem, regardless of the status of the issue; whether it's resolved or not, leaves us always coming back and fighting what we should have fought in the first place.

I'd like to think it best to face our trouble and do whatever we can at the moment it showed up so we don't always have to make plans of running from them. Most troubles won't just go away. They'd wait for us on the day we're ready to face it. Except, by then, the size of it would have doubled. Talk about double wahala!

This means we shouldn't die before we contract the virus. If we do, we should face it to fight it and get the victory. A lot of people have done this. Kudos!

The current pandemic have affected our social, emotional and psychological wellbeing in ways we may not be able to totally illustrate. It has changed how we work, eat, play, and do virtually everything in a very short time.

The shock from the sudden changes is causing much sadness among people. Most of the people I've spoken with thinks their life have been imprisoned without committing any crime.

It is therefore helpful that we find ways, any good reasonable way, that can help us brighten our moods in the light of all that's happening.

Too many people look for happiness in the most complex ways. I think happiness is everywhere we can see it. Even present the most during crisis; if only we won't always look away from current situation in hope for another before we can be happy in the future.

As an emotional wellness coach, I'm a firm believer for ways we can be happy NOW.

To read the complete post, please click link below:

https://joyiseki.com/how-to-stay-happy-during-crisis/

#howtobehappyduringcrisis
#mentalhealthinnigeria
#emotionalwellnesscoach
#coronaviruspandemic
#howtomanagecrisis
#howtobehappy
#joyiseki

Re: How To Stay Happy During Crisis by presleYzzi(m): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Protect Your Family From Coronavirus / Vaccines Are Not The Solution To Public Health / “No Case Of Coronavirus Infection In Taraba State” – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.