Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? (1513 Views)

Ten Largest Ethnicities In South South / Subjective Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities / Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is my own guestimates.it is not perfect and has flaws but cant be far off.i am estimating them based on the 2006 population and then ill later calculate based on the 2.6 yearly growth rate.

[b]HAUSAS[/b]: kano 8 million,kaduna 2.5 million,katsina 4 million,kebbi 2 million,sokoto 2.5 million,jigawa 3 million,zamfara 2.5 million,bauchi 1 million,niger 800,000,gombe 200k,other parts of the north where they are not indigenous 4 million,lagos and southwest 3 million,ss and se 1 million.
Total population as of 2006 34million.using the 2.6% annual growth rate will give us about 11 million or more.am not a good mathematician so pardon me.
Total population presently 45 million.

[b]YORUBA; of 2006,lagos population was officially recorded as 9 million so ill use that but I'll put it at 10 million) 4.5 million,ogun 3.5 million,osun 3.2,ondo 2.8,oyo 5 million,ekiti 2 million,kwara 1.5 million,kogi 700k,edo 200k
Yorubas settlers in ss and se 2 million,yorubas in the north 7 million.
Total population in 2006:32.4 million
Total population presently; 42 million

IGBOS:anambra 4 million,imo 4 million,enugu 3 million,abia 3 million,ebonyi 2 million,delta 1.2 million,rivers 1.5 million,igbos in south west 4 million,other parts of ss 1 million,north 7 million
Total population 2006:30 million
Total population now;38 million

That is just my own person calculation,feel free to add yours.again if we go by birth rate,it will tally along with my calculation.

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Orientation
Metaphysical
Kenone
Simplyleo l
Seunmsg
Topmaike
Kyase
Abduljabbar
Scholes
Naaijjj
Quotasystem
Amtruth
Kinematics
Barcanista
Otuekong
Ngpatriot
Baawaa
Udechid
Gandollar
Rusher14
Olajizz
Yanmiriflathead
Fk002
Zkosso
Pazienza
Passingshot
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by youngest85(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Poor people are laying children like fowl without any means of talking care of them
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
youngest85:
Poor people are laying children like fowl without any means of talking care of them
Thats one of nigeria's major problems,overpopulation.
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Odingo1: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
Igbo- 50 Million
Hausa- 47 Million
Yoruba- 45 Million
Others- 43 Million

Total-185 Million

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:
Igbo-50 Million
Hausa-47 Million
Yoruba-45 Million
Others-43 Million

Total-185 Million
Based on?
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Odingo1: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

Based on?
Based on real physical statistics and old populations figures when the whites are colonizing Nigeria.

Igbos have the highest population in Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Yanmiriflathead: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:
Based on?
farts(facts) From His Anus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:

Based on real physical statistics and old populations figures when the whites are colonizing Nigeria.

Igbos have the highest population in Nigeria.
No sir,igbos outnumber yorubas slightly and with yorubas and hausas having a higher birthrate,they were bound to overtake you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Finnese001: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
ok
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

\
YOU sabi wetin be overpopulation so?
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
Dansuqi:
This is my own guestimates.it is not perfect and has flaws but cant be far off.i am estimating them based on the 2006 population and then ill later calculate based on the 2.6 yearly growth rate.

[b]HAUSAS[/b]: kano 8 million,kaduna 2.5 million,katsina 4 million,kebbi 2 million,sokoto 2.5 million,jigawa 3 million,zamfara 2.5 million,bauchi 1 million,niger 800,000,gombe 200k,other parts of the north where they are not indigenous 4 million,lagos and southwest 3 million,ss and se 1 million.
Total population as of 2006 34million.using the 2.6% annual growth rate will give us about 11 million or more.am not a good mathematician so pardon me.

[b]YORUBA; of 2006,lagos population was officially recorded as 9 million so ill use that but I'll put it at 10 million) 4.5 million,ogun 3.5 million,osun 3.2,ondo 2.8,oyo 5 million,ekiti 2 million,kwara 1.5 million,kogi 700k,edo 200k

IGBOS:anambra 4 million,imo 4 million,enugu 3 million,abia 3 million,ebonyi 2 million,delta 1.2 million,rivers 1.5 million,igbos in south west 4 million,other parts of ss 1 million,north 7 million

That is just my own person calculation,feel free to add yours.again if we go by birth rate,it will tally along with my calculation.

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Orientation
Metaphysical
Kenone
Simplyleo l
Seunmsg
Topmaike
Kyase
Abduljabbar
Scholes
Naaijjj
Quotastsystem

[/s]

You just write some figures from your head and want us to talk on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by AyakaDunukofia: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
Current political allies and benefactors won't allow accurate census figures to prevail. However, those who created Nigeria and the superpowers knows our correct figures and the standing of each group. But unfortunately, they are now being influenced by the group in power at a given time.

For instance, Igbo was above the Yoruba in numbers for two years at the CIA factbook but have since the last one month or so dropped below the Yoruba with 0.3%, standing at 15.2 while the Yoruba got promoted to 15.5%.

Then, surprisingly, Fulani, one of the tinniest groups in Nigeria is now the number FOUR biggest population in Nigeria displacing Efik/Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw, Edo and other numerically visible groups. These are what the CIA is telling the goats they assume we are. The country remains the big joke it's always been.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Ukwa1: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
Yanmiriflathead:

farts(facts) From His Anus
[/s]

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by edoairways: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

Followed by greed
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Orientation
Metaphysical
Kenone
Simplyleo l
Seunmsg
Topmaike
Kyase
Abduljabbar
Scholes
Naaijjj
Quotasystem
Amtruth
Kinematics
Barcanista
Otuekong
Ngpatriot
Baawaa
Udechid
Gandollar

How many Igbos are in Lagos?

Apart from Lagos, Igbos in southwest ain't up to 300k

In Ondo state alone, they ain't up to 5,000.

Abi, no b the Igbos wey dey Akure, Around Futa gate, Cathedral, those wey dey in Ondo, along Ife garage, Adeyemi college of education road, barracks road, Gani fawehinmi road, Ademulegun road??
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:
Current political allies and benefactors won't allow accurate census figures to prevail. However, those who created Nigeria and the superpowers knows our correct figures and the standing of each group. But unfortunately, they are now being influenced by the group in power at a given time.

For instance, Igbo was above the Yoruba in numbers for two years at the CIA factbook but have since the last one month or so dropped below the Yoruba with 0.3%, standing at 15.2 while the Yoruba got promoted to 15.5%.

Then, surprisingly, Fulani, one of the tinniest groups in Nigeria is now the number FOUR biggest population in Nigeria displacing Efik/Ibibio, Tiv, Ijaw, Edo and other numerically visible groups. These are what the CIA is telling the goats they assume we are. The country remains the big joke it's always been.
The most populous between igbos and yorubas is controversial,debatable and arguable but that of the fulanis is clear.they are the 4th largest ethnicity right from time and are in more states than any other ethnicity.the efik and ibibios are not one tribe but two different tribes who occupy 2 different states.the kanuris are more populous than the tivs.lets do a rough estimate of the fulanis.1.5 million in gombe,500k in taraba,600k in adamawa,1 million in katsina,300k im yobe,500k in jigawa,1 million in kano,500k in kebbi,200k in kwara,500k in sokoto,500k in bauchi.akwa ibom state is 4 million and ibibios cant be more than 2.5 million.efiks are not up to 500k in cross river.benue has 4 million people,they cant be more tgan 500k tivs in taraba
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Sammy07:

How many Igbos are in Lagos?

Apart from Lagos, Igbos in southwest ain't up to 300k

In Ondo state alone, they ain't up to 5,000.

Abi, no b the Igbos wey dey Akure, Around Futa gate, Cathedral, those wey dey in Ondo, along Ife garage, Adeyemi college of education road, barracks road, Gani fawehinmi road, Ademulegun road??

Am just overestimating the population of everybody so that they will be no bias
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

No sir,igbos outnumber yorubas slightly and with yorubas and hausas having a higher birthrate,they were bound to overtake you

The yorobers and hausas have always been shooting out kids like pigs yet igbos still have more population than them.

They didn't outnumber igbos then and they certainly won't overtake now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Perkins2018: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ardar:

The yorobers and hausas have always been shooting out kids like pigs yet igbos still have more population than them.

Igbo children drop from skies. With a land mass not up to Oyo state you are dragging population with Yoruba. Who is now shooting kids like pigs if not igbos? Are you sure you are not a slowpoke?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

Igbo children drop from skies. With a land mass not up to Oyo state you are dragging population with Yoruba. Who is now shooting kids like pigs if not igbos? Are you sure you are not a slowpoke?

It's only yorobers that use land mass to brag, your waste land is twice the size of isreal yet they are not the ones jamming themselves just to pack palm oil from the gutters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ardar:

You are very funny and self contradictory.how can the igbos who dont have many kids outnumber those who have
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are very funny and self contradictory. how can the igbos who dont have many kids outnumber those who have

I am just going by what you earlier stated dear.

Dansuqi:

Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ardar:

I am just going by what you earlier stated dear.

I said based on precolonial statistics before 1920,igbos outnumber yorubas slightly and with the Islam growing in yorubaland,the tide has turned
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dansuqi:

I said based on precolonial statistics before 1920,igbos outnumber yorubas slightly and with the Islam growing in yorubaland,the tide has turned

So you're claiming that it was Islam that brought polygamous marriages to the left side? They were no incidents of a man marrying more than one wife?
Re: What Is The Estimated Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities In Nigeria? by Dansuqi: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Ardar:

So you're claiming that it was Islam that brought polygamous marriages to the left side? They were no incidents of a man marrying more than one wife?
Islam escalated it

(1) (Reply)

The Next Cos In Waiting? — 5 Possible Candidates / Igbo Presidency Will Unite Nigeria And Bring The Needed Peace, Says NUF / Ex Deputy Of IPOB, Uche Mefor Team Up With Asari Dokubo To Fight Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.