Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Nairaland Autos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairaland Autos (1313 Views)

Reflections On Nairaland Autos Section And Used-car Sales / Kesmira Autos Presents This Beautiful Tokunboh Peugeot 206 For Sale (cheap) / Do You Know You Can Buy A Car & Pay On Installment @ Banix Autos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Autos by esoorita: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
DISHONEST CARS ADVERTISERS ON NAIRALAND

I have tried in vain to buy cars advertised for sale on Nairaland but I'm horrified at the level of dishonesty displayed by people
offering cars for sale. There are unlimited spurious claims about cars that are put up for sale. There was an instance where an advertiser claimed that the mileage of the car for sale is 85,000 miles whereas the car has done 289,000 miles. Another instance, the seller claimed that the car was registered in 2014 whereas it was registered in 2012. Another one claimed that a salvaged car with 218,000 miles is a clean car with only 67,000 mileage on the odometer.
Most Nigerians complain about the government and politicians as being corrupt, but they forget that every individuals of a society has a duty to be upright and honest in the way they comport themselves in their dealings with others. Here in the U.K. you have to come clean with the facts when you are advertising a car for sale. You have to make it expressly clear if a vehicle has been involved in an accident and you have no right whatsoever to roll back the odometer because it is fraudulent and against the law. Why is it that it's too difficult for people in Nigeria to do things in the right way. You will hit a brick wall with a car seller as soon as you request for the VIN number because they know that all their dishonesty will be blown off. I think that it is high time that Nairaland should make a rule that advertisers of cars should mandatorily give the VIN of the cars advertised for sale on the forum. Looking forward to the contributions of Nairalanders on this topic. Happy Easter to all.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Autos by Trustme2(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
Following
Re: Nairaland Autos by Hoodbilonia: 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
Incase u dont know
Now u know
Buy tokunbo and rest
4get naija used and toks na same. Roll back
If no be bad engine. Na bad gear
Accidented and panel beat
Some would claim 1st body
But plate nos wil give them away.
Avoid naija used cars like corona. shaps

They flood nairaland with bogus prices as on rolled back mileage registered/ naija used cars.
Ezp fools like kingreign the saddist
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Nairaland Autos by esoorita: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Incase u dont know
Now u know
Buy tokunbo and rest
4get naija used

They flood nairaland with bogus prices as on rolled back mileage registered/ naija used cars.

As a matter of fact, the cars I enquired about are all Tokunbo. I got the authentic history of the cars that the sellers supplied the VIN. I reckon those of them that gave out the VIN didn't realise that I was going to check it out. I'll never buy a Nigerian used car anyway because there's no remote chance of checking the authenticity of the car's history.
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Nairaland Autos by kingyang: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
esoorita:
DISHONEST CARS ADVERTISERS ON NAIRALAND

I have tried in vain to buy cars advertised for sale on Nairaland but I'm horrified at the level of dishonesty displayed by people
offering cars for sale. There are unlimited spurious claims about cars that are put up for sale. There was an instance where an advertiser claimed that the mileage of the car for sale is 85,000 miles whereas the car has done 289,000 miles. Another instance, the seller claimed that the car was registered in 2014 whereas it was registered in 2012. Another one claimed that a salvaged car with 218,000 miles is a clean car with only 67,000 mileage on the odometer.
Most Nigerians complain about the government and politicians as being corrupt, but they forget that every individuals of a society has a duty to be upright and honest in the way they comport themselves in their dealings with others. Here in the U.K. you have to come clean with the facts when you are advertising a car for sale. You have to make it expressly clear if a vehicle has been involved in an accident and you have no right whatsoever to roll back the odometer because it is fraudulent and against the law. Why is it that it's too difficult for people in Nigeria to do things in the right way. You will hit a brick wall with a car seller as soon as you request for the VIN number because they know that all their dishonesty will be blown off. I think that it is high time that Nairaland should make a rule that advertisers of cars should mandatorily give the VIN of the cars advertised for sale on the forum. Looking forward to the contributions of Nairalanders on this topic. Happy Easter to all.

In support
Re: Nairaland Autos by 132KVA: 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
@OP, God bless you for creating this tread. Though the rate of fraudulent adds have reduced drastically in Nairaland, kudos to the mods, but they still have some task left which includes accrediting some of the dealers.
Happy Easter to you all.
Re: Nairaland Autos by esoorita: 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
132KVA:
@OP, God bless you for creating this tread. Though the rate of fraudulent adds have reduced drastically in Nairaland, kudos to the mods, but they still have some task left which includes accrediting some of the dealers.
Happy Easter to you all.

[color=#000099][/color]

Well said sir.
Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Incase u dont know
Now u know
Buy tokunbo and rest
4get naija used and toks na same. Roll back

Hahahahahahaha

I told you earlier on that your life and your existence and being is filled with nothing but failure, jealousy anger and hatred.

To put the record straight, I've never withheld any information from any buyer or in any advert I upload whether car sales or not.

I have in fact been in the forefront fighting against deceiftul information and lies in adverts.

So what then is your point?

Well, the last time I checked, when your 9th hand potty and weld infested 1997 Honda Crv jalopy caught fire and was burnt down to ashes, was I the cause?

When your ogume failed you and your yahoo yahoo business failed you, was I the cause?

Keep challenging me and watch as your life turns more miserable.

Bye!
Re: Nairaland Autos by Trustme2(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
KINGreignn:

I told you earlier on that your life and your existence and being is filled with nothing but failure, jealousy anger and hatred.

To put the record straight, I've never withheld any information from any buyer or in any advert I upload whether car sales or not.

I have in fact been in the forefront fighting against deceiftul information and lies in adverts.

So what then is your point?

Well, the last time I checked, when your 9th hand potty and weld infested 1997 Honda Crv jalopy caught fire and was burnt down to ashes, was I the cause?

When your ogume failed you and your yahoo yahoo business failed you, was I the cause?

Keep challenging me and watch as your life turns more miserable.

Bye!
Bros, na wa o. Una quarrel keep before?
Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Trustme2:

Bros, na wa o. Una quarrel keep before?
Bros, no mind the bell end, sometimes one needs to put dickheads where they belong.

How you dey bro? cool
Re: Nairaland Autos by Trustme2(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
KINGreignn:

Bros, no mind the bell end, sometimes one needs to put dickheads where they belong.

How you dey bro? cool
Bros, I dey Jor. No vex I beg. This our Auto section eh, na patience o

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Trustme2:

Bros, I dey Jor. No vex I beg. This our Auto section eh, na patience o

Okay bros, I no vex again. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Autos by legalwealth(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
Using the word "clean" to mean and claim clean title, which is dubious is very rampant. Clean is different from clean title! !!

Mileage roll back is actually a norm to them in Nigeria while it is known to be crime in abroad
Re: Nairaland Autos by legalwealth(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
132KVA:
Happy Easter to you all.

Some good people of nairaland were the ones who fought the dubious car dealers, mods and others supporting their nefarious acts.

They didn't stop there; they continued educating people on what they need to know about the activities of the dubious car dealers! !!
Re: Nairaland Autos by iwantolive: 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
KINGreignn:

Okay bros, I no vex again. Thanks.
Bro pls do you have any Toyota Corolla or Camry under 700k?
Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
iwantolive:
Bro pls do you have any Toyota Corolla or Camry under 700k?

No sir, I don't.
Re: Nairaland Autos by iwantolive: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
KINGreignn:

No sir, I don't.
Which do you have pls?
Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
iwantolive:
Which do you have pls?
What I have are:
Registered Lexus RX330 2005,
Registered Avensis 2009,
Registered ford f150 2003,
Tokumbo Camry LE 2013,
Tokumbo Mercedes Benz ML350 2004
Re: Nairaland Autos by iwantolive: 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
KINGreignn:

What I have are:
Registered Lexus RX330 2005,
Registered Avensis 2009,
Registered ford f150 2003,
Tokumbo Camry LE 2013,
Tokumbo Mercedes Benz ML350 2004

Pictures and prices pls?
Re: Nairaland Autos by KINGreignn: 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
iwantolive:
Pictures and prices pls?
Chat me up for pictures pls.

1. Registered Lexus RX330 2005 2.3m negotiable

2. Registered Avensis 2009 1.8m slightly negotiable

3. Registered ford f150 2003 1.5m slightly negotiable

4. Tokumbo Camry LE 2013, 4.7m negotiable

5. Tokumbo Mercedes Benz ML350 2004 2.3m slightly negotiable.
Re: Nairaland Autos by esoorita: 8:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
legalwealth:

Some good people of nairaland were the ones who fought the dubious car dealers, mods and others supporting their nefarious acts.

They didn't stop there; they continued educating people on what they need to know about the activities of the dubious car dealers! !!

Legalwealth, I support your claim that it's the people on Nairaland rather than the moderators because if the moderators have been discharging their duty diligently, the rampant cases of misleading representations by advertisers could have been eliminated by now. They have no regard for truth and decorum.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Autos by legalwealth(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
esoorita:

Legalwealth, I support your claim that it's the people on Nairaland rather than the moderators because if the moderators have been discharging their duty diligently, the rampant cases of misleading representations by advertisers could have been eliminated by now. They have no regard for truth and decorum.

cool

(1) (Reply)

A Clean Registered 2003 Toyota Camry For Sale / Clean Direct 2009 Toyota Camry LE @N1.4m Negotiable(SOLD) / Blue 2008 Mazda5 For Sale- Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.