Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Doctors VS Nurses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors VS Nurses (763 Views)

El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers / Gunmen Attack Hospital In Idon, Kaduna, Kidnap 2 Nurses / IGP Adamu Exempts Doctors, Journalists, Nurses From Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors VS Nurses by bigpicture001: 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
...with a clear sense of unbias, I created this thread for public discuss of the issues facing the medical industry especially the doctors..

Its a common knowledge that doctors spend a long period in school trying to master the science of saving life's....they purchase and read very voluminous text books, pay high school fees, do very tedious exams..and carefully master the art of treatment through Housemanship......

however these set of professionals find it very difficult making it whenever they set up a hospital as a sincere and helpful gesture of employment of nurses to aid their operations have turned out to be their Achilles heel...yes! the nurses....

The nurses, auxiliary, graduate and all have crafted a profession off the doctors to rip them off....they first come into the hospital agreeing to work for the firm with wages as low as 20k....and gradually, they corner all the hospital patients..going house to house on their off period hours to deliver unqualified services to patients at very cut price and compromising the health practice.....

This has forced a lot of hospitals to close and made the medical practitionals depend mainly on the FG for well paying jobs...since they cannot control the nurses......all over Nigeria the rush for the study of nursing is on a very high inclination because if this.....they know they will get a small job in the private hospital s,corner the patients with lower charges and attempt to treat them with rehearsals of what they see the doctors do......

.this is very unprofessional of the nurses and must be put to stop...because, this has taken over the entire country as the nurses are now accepted as the main provider of health services instead of the doctors who actually went to study the courses and knows better

What is your take on this..?
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by Timbi: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Are you insane or just hungry?
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by bigpicture001: 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
Timbi:
Are you insane or just hungry?

Maybe both
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by sreamsense: 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
At times, is just about karma at work; it is just the ripple effect of what some doctors do. Some doctors also steal drugs from federal and state hospitals as well as steal patients from public hospitals to patronise their private hospitals. If nurses are also ridding them off, atimes, it is about what you sow is what you reap. Just law of karma at play! Nothing more!

Faithful doctors will see, faithful nurses to work with them while unfaithful doctors will attract unfaithful nurses. If faithful doctor is seeing the opposite, he needs spiritual optimization

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors VS Nurses by Theyoungmatron: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2020
Lol. Cry me a river with your write-up, boy.

You are reaping what you sow grin.

You are proud to say that you are paying a graduate nurse who spent 5years studying nursing in the University,1 year of paid internship and 1 year of NYSC 20k because you owned a hospital.? That's 7 fvcking years of professional education.
You obviously think they are morons for accepting that. That's just the game plan and you got played big time.
Your colleagues started doing so in government hospitals and it's coming back to bit a huge chunk off your butts one at a time. grin grin Talk about karma.
What really bothered me was the phrase that nurses crafted a profession out of doctors..... Like hellooo....are you OK at all?
Please get your facts right before making such a false claim.
Kindly read about the origin of nursing and Florence Nightingale, the founder. In case, you have no idea, the biggest series of hospitals in the UK against COVID19 was named after her. ....the Nightingale hospital.

1 Like

Re: Doctors VS Nurses by oyatz(m): 6:36am On Apr 13, 2020
The quack auxiliary nurses are the main culprits of this trend. This is why I am against doctors training auxiliary nurses.

The real, qualified nurses are much better.

bigpicture001:
...with a clear sense of unbias, I created this thread for public discuss of the issues facing the medical industry especially the doctors..

Its a common knowledge that doctors spend a long period in school trying to master the science of saving life's....they purchase and read very voluminous text books, pay high school fees, do very tedious exams..and carefully master the art of treatment through Housemanship......

however these set of professionals find it very difficult making it whenever they set up a hospital as a sincere and helpful gesture of employment of nurses to aid their operations have turned out to be their Achilles heel...yes! the nurses....

The nurses, auxiliary, graduate and all have crafted a profession off the doctors to rip them off....they first come into the hospital agreeing to work for the firm with wages as low as 20k....and gradually, they corner all the hospital patients..going house to house on their off period hours to deliver unqualified services to patients at very cut price and compromising the health practice.....

This has forced a lot of hospitals to close and made the medical practitionals depend mainly on the FG for well paying jobs...since they cannot control the nurses......all over Nigeria the rush for the study of nursing is on a very high inclination because if this.....they know they will get a small job in the private hospital s,corner the patients with lower charges and attempt to treat them with rehearsals of what they see the doctors do......

.this is very unprofessional of the nurses and must be put to stop...because, this has taken over the entire country as the nurses are now accepted as the main provider of health services instead of the doctors who actually went to study the courses and knows better

What is your take on this..?
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by dalongjnr: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2020
Hehehe... It seems to me you are new here?
First of all,nursing is as old as man so "crafting nursing out of doctors" is a lie. By tradition you and your parents are nurses.
Nursing=nurture.
Nursing is a profession which is back by act of the federal republic of Nigeria, so Dr doesn't have a say in how the profession is practiced.
2.As a profession, it's embedded in a body of knowledge through researchers and theories..
3.Nurses performed independent,dependant, and interdependent roles. Just as doctors!
4. Registered nurses are well schooled and know their science and arts,just as the doctors. They are not some roadside mechanics. Some spend 5yrs(direct entry) or 7yrs(3yrs with some months in nursing schools and 4yrs in the university) to obtain degree in nursing.
5. Nursing is a noble profession, so is it's not for the proud and uncultured. It's for the respected and responsible.
6.As it's regulated by act of the federal republic of Nigeria, it's a regulated profession been championed by the nursing and midwifery councils or boards. Just as medical and dental council or pharmaceutical council of Nigeria.
7.who told you that nurses can't open or operate a private facilities? I have seen a scenario where nurses own hospitals/clinics/maternities and Dr worked for them.
8 You don't read that's why your write-ups is full of ignorance. Can you go back to school already to get some education? See entitlement mentality. Now I see the reason why our health system is in this shambles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors VS Nurses by bigpicture001: 5:34am On Apr 14, 2020
dalongjnr:
Hehehe... It seems to me you are new here?
First of all,nursing is as old as man so "crafting nursing out of doctors" is a lie. By tradition you and your parents are nurses.
Nursing=nurture.
Nursing is a profession which is back by act of the federal republic of Nigeria, so Dr doesn't have a say in how the profession is practiced.
2.As a profession, it's embedded in a body of knowledge through researchers and theories..
3.Nurses performed independent,dependant, and interdependent roles. Just as doctors!
4. Registered nurses are well schooled and know their science and arts,just as the doctors. They are not some roadside mechanics. Some spend 5yrs(direct entry) or 7yrs(3yrs with some months in nursing schools and 4yrs in the university) to obtain degree in nursing.
5. Nursing is a noble profession, so is it's not for the proud and uncultured. It's for the respected and responsible.
6.As it's regulated by act of the federal republic of Nigeria, it's a regulated profession been championed by the nursing and midwifery councils or boards. Just as medical and dental council or pharmaceutical council of Nigeria.
7.who told you that nurses can't open or operate a private facilities? I have seen a scenario where nurses own hospitals/clinics/maternities and Dr worked for them.
8 You don't read that's why your write-ups is full of ignorance. Can you go back to school already to get some education? See entitlement mentality. Now I see the reason why our health system is in this shambles.

Nobody stops you people from opening up your clinics and growing them if its permitted by the nursing/midwifery act..........

I think that is a better way to go instead of leeching on private hospital to ruin their investment.........that is bad,and you will only understand when you open your private clinic as a nurse....

.no insult intended
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by dalongjnr: 7:09am On Apr 14, 2020
bigpicture001:

Nobody stops you people from opening up your clinics and growing them if its permitted by the nursing/midwifery act..........

I think that is a better way to go instead of leeching on private hospital to ruin their investment.........that is bad,and you will only understand when you open your private clinic as a nurse....

.no insult intended
Hhuh! You assume that everybody that have a contrary view is a nurse?
1. Private investors also own hospitals. They are not even doctors, faith based organizations are an example.
2. The write-ups is devoid of sense of reasoning, because as a manager, you have the right to hire and fire any employee if needs arises.
3. The major aim of the write up is to maligned the astute records of honest,hardworking and sparking nurses in general.
4. The person who wrote the rubbish article is out with a motive of bullying nurses but some of us have seen through the lenses.
He/she doesn't even own a hospital or is not a good manager of human and resources.
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by bigpicture001: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2020
dalongjnr:

Hhuh! You assume that everybody that have a contrary view is a nurse?
1. Private investors also own hospitals. They are not even doctors, faith based organizations are an example.
2. The write-ups is devoid of sense of reasoning, because as a manager, you have the right to hire and fire any employee if needs arises.
3. The major aim of the write up is to maligned the astute records of honest,hardworking and sparking nurses in general.
4. The person who wrote the rubbish article is out with a motive of bullying nurses but some of us have seen through the lenses.
He/she doesn't even own a hospital or is not a good manager of human and resources.

Mind your language because you don't have monopoly of insult and abuses.....
If I start with you, it wouldn't end well,the best you could do is drop ur comment and move on.....

I repeat mind your language
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by Nuzo1(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2020
It's not only in the health sector you see this. The disorderliness is in every sector.

And this only thrives in environments where there is no equal justice, reward and punishment system.
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by dalongjnr: 10:09am On Apr 14, 2020
bigpicture001:

If I start with you, it wouldn't end well,the best you could do is drop ur comment and move on.....

Can you point any insult or abuse that is directed at you or your person in my write-ups??
Apart from me rubbishing your write up with a contrary views/opinions!
Be extremely careful because you don't threatened people in a public forum and be feeling like a boss.
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by Timbi: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2020
bigpicture001:

You lack common sense with poor manners added to it.
You cannot threaten him to mind his language. Just drop whatever you have and move on kid.
Re: Doctors VS Nurses by bigpicture001: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
Timbi:

You lack common sense with poor manners added to it.
You cannot threaten him to mind his language. Just drop whatever you have and move on kid.

I see u "grand father

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Alwan Hassan As Bank Of Agriculture Acting MD / EFCC Should Tender An Apology To Orji Uzor Kalu – APC / EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Leader, Shekau ‘unwell’ As Troops Intensify Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.