Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) (6669 Views)

Episode 7: Why Beatrice Cried As The Emmarose Ship Capsized / Lady Who Spent 23 Years Keeping Nails Crowned 2020 World Longest Nails (photos) / Bobrisky: "I Am Still Bleeding Blood And Water After Fixing My Body In Dubai" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Atikuorbuhari: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2020
In 2013, Harrison Okene a Nigerian man spent 60 hours underwater, in total darkness, after his vessel capsized 20 miles off the coast of Nigeria and sunk to the bottom of the sea. He was discovered alive by divers sent to recover dead bodies.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2020/04/meet-man-who-spent-60-hours-under-water.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2020
hahaha

na papi water or how he take survive under water

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by mazimee(m): 11:08am On Apr 13, 2020
How is that possibulu?
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by dawnomike(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2020
Mammy water must have fallen in love with him grin

6 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Iyiataata92: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2020
between a prophet and a scientist, I wonder who will have enough words and facts to convince me that this is true.

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Garrieveryday: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2020
G
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Ndukings92(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Grace is the difference

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by daddytime(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2020
Hmmm

Nigerian Titanic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Is this a fiction 60hours is like 2days and almost 2weeks

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by cassidy1996(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
miracle indeed
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by shilexholly(m): 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Daddy water

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Doubleoh7: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Iyiataata92:
between a prophet and a scientist, I wonder who will have enough words and facts to convince me that this is true.
It actually the raw truth bro. He was working for WAV and they were doing a tug operation for CNL when the waters got so rough and their tug capsized and sank. He just woke up and was attempting to use the restroom when that occurred. because the vessel sank upside down, there were some packet of air trapped within the vessel and he was afloat on a piece of wood kept alive with the oxygen supplies from the trapped air. Divers who came to retrieve the dead bodies of his colleagues saw him, he was too traumatized to even speak and was the only survivor of the accident. He couldn't even attend any burial of his colleagues as people had that mindset that he was evil and could not have survived like that. He has since vowed not to near water again

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by ednut1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Iyiataata92:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPz8mxJNPh8 rescue video

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by rex444(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Atikuorbuhari:

In 2013, Harrison Okene a Nigerian man spent 60 hours underwater, in total darkness, after his vessel capsized 20 miles off the coast of Nigeria and sunk to the bottom of the sea. He was discovered alive by divers sent to recover dead bodies.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2020/04/meet-man-who-spent-60-hours-under-water.html
which vessel him carry off which coast of Nigeria I smell fishy fishy here
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by SarkinYarki: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
I remember him , he was on Jascon vessel then that submerged years ago ..if he was a white man he would have written a best seller now and become a millionaire and sold the rights for a movie ...it's one of the greatest miraculous survival story ever ..I remember how shocked the European divers who came to evacuate corpse where when they saw him looking healthy and fresh under the ocean

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by SarkinYarki: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
rex444:
which vessel him carry off which coast of Nigeria I smell fishy fishy here

The Name of the vessel was JASCON 4 owned by WAV then it's a true story I remember the rescue effort

2 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by jumper524(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
I watched the video years back on one of those dstv programs on sonymax, can't really recall the name of the program but I could remember he fainted the moment they started helping him out..

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Bamz(m): 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jascon 4 embarassed

Oh, I remember that period, it was a sober one indeed. The fact that you ply the same road or waters someone else plies without you getting any accidents is only God's grace.

Ednut1, thanks for sharing that video. The area the vessel sank was around 300m below sea level if I'm not mistaken.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Mykel51(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Doubleoh7:

It actually the raw truth bro. He was working for WAV and they were doing a tug operation for CNL when the waters got so rough and their tug capsized and sank. He just woke up and was attempting to use the restroom when that occurred. because the vessel sank upside down, there were some packet of air trapped within the vessel and he was afloat on a piece of wood kept alive with the oxygen supplies from the trapped air. Divers who came to retrieve the dead bodies of his colleagues saw him, he was too traumatized to even speak and was the only survivor of the accident. He couldn't even attend any burial of his colleagues as people had that mindset that he was evil and could not have survived like that. He has since vowed not to near water again

WAV...West African Ventures ?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Mykel51(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Doubleoh7:

WAV....West African Ventures ?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by fkj950ax(m): 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Iyiataata92:

None of the above.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/12/131204-nigerian-air-bubble-survival-shipwreck-viral-video-science/

The Science Behind Man Surviving Underwater for Three Days
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Richmondofficia(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Wow!
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by ibiso1986: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Here a full animated video of how it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykdSb7xqI4

2 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by EmmySparky(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Air pocket...he is still a very lucky man though
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by UncleSnr(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
Is this a fiction 60hours is like 2days and almost 2weeks
2 days, 12 hours.
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by kkoffo(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Doubleoh7:

You are right Harrison was my colleague in WAV and to surprise you more he is now a freelance Diver.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by ETWs: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Doubleoh7:

you are right and this happened about 3 or 4 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Sparkies85(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
That's very true

I watched it on CNN

1 Like

Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by seunlayi(m): 4:41am On Apr 14, 2020
Interesting
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 14, 2020
This is a MIRACLE.
Please how do we reach him from NAIRALAND...?
Such unprecedented global astonishment should be interviewed and celebrated by Nigerians...
Re: Meet Man Who Spent 60 Hours Under Water After His Ship Capsized (photo) by rex444(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2020
SarkinYarki:

The Name of the vessel was JASCON 4 owned by WAV then it's a true story I remember the rescue effort
he must be of the marine world then hehe

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Accused Of Using Darker Makeup To Look Like A Black Woman(photos) / Banky W In Hot Soup After Allegedly Getting His Side Chick Pregnant / Check Out Cash Money Boss, Birdman Newly Acquired $14.5m Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.