Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. (38501 Views)

IGP Deploys Security Team To Osun Governor-Elect, Ademola Adeleke / Imo Attack: IGP Deploys Security Reinforcement Squads, Sets Up Special Team / Oyo Crisis: IGP Deploys Intervention And Stabilisation Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by kaycyor: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Be careful and close that anus you call mouth.

Is like you are a police man!! Sorry oo... You are a professional..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by realstars: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
Theives Dont Obay Stay At Home Rules, They Still Go back To Their Nomal Jobish.

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by back2sender: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
naijaboy756:
Weldone oga IG!!!

Trust me , this could lead to revolution if not handled well

Which revolution? Shut your gutter mouth there.

So you are in support of what the thieves are doing ribbing and raping peoples wives?
Since these guys are armed police should use maximum force, shoot at sight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by freshkpomo(m): 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Xisnin:

Innocent people with local guns and cutlass.
Are you aware that there is a lockdown in place.
You know our officer, they do stuffs more than expected.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Realdeals(m): 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Their activities in those satellite and border town will be limited, reasons being;
1. Those areas are overpopulated
2. And we have new towns that are as far as 10-15km away from major roads, also, the roads leading to those place are also worse.

An example is Agbado, one of the hotbed of the uprising, it has only one police station that serves people living as far as Oke-aro, Matogun, Adiyan, Ijoko, Oyero, Lisa, Ibaragun etc, most of these places are well populated.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by greggng: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
The police gave them a good fight at gowon estate just now....let's see if they will come back later to nite ... lipsrsealed
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by AfroKnight: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Reactionary measure.

A sane IG would have foreseen the unrest and made moves on time.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Moikiitos: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
naptu2:
Nigeria Police Force @PoliceNG

PRESS RELEASE

IGP DEPLOYS INTERVENTION SQUADS TO LAGOS AND OGUN

- DIG in charge of South-west to coordinate
- 191 Suspects arrested

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1249731805349122055

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1249731831848734721?s=19

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1249731827297812484?s=19

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1249731829583708161?s=19

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1249731829583708161?s=19

This current IGP is one of the best, if not best IGP Nigeria has ever had...; My opinion. He is well informed. If only he will be given the necessary equipments and freedom to exercise his responsibilities without interference. But unfortunately we have alot of rotten policemen in our police force...which needs urgent cleaning.

1 Like

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Itzstarboi(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Better late than never.

Am I welcome guys?.
I joined the forum some time ago but I don't like to login or comment
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Ayoefa: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Xisnin:

Why will you be asking for a force that hasn't even recruited?
This is public knowledge and I wonder what you guys get from repeatedly
asking a pointless question.

The way some where going about bragging about Amotekun gives the impression that they are all ready set to go.

That's not my main reason for asking the question sarcastically, it's because we always put the cart before the horse.
The biggest crime problem in the SW is not about Fulani Herdsmen but about thugs, gangs. cult and the like but the talk of FUlani Herdsmen is more politically expedient for the politicians hence all the cacophony and hoopla about the Amotekun lunch. Isn't crazy to create a security out fit to go after a crime that come up once in a month or even more but ignore crimes that occur on daily basis.
I swear black man is condemned to doom for the next 100 years.
I said it from scratch that Amotekun idea is as foolish as a toddler asking for permission to drive a car.
Common sense will dictate that you will create a security outfit to tackle all crimes in the SW not just a crime that comes around so infrequently just because you want to satisfy your political base. Pure rubbish.

1 Like

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by foreshore(m): 6:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
Great response from the police. This Inspector General knows his work.

How can that be a great response to hungry people. A better response is to give them food
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by SachaBastien(m): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
So state commissioners are truly useless that they had to wait for the IG to take action.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by SocialJustice: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
foreshore:

How can that be a great response to hungry people. A better response is to give them food
Police should give you food. Grow small sense.

1 Like

Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Lymasaba(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Fkumdas where are you
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by naijaboy756: 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
back2sender:

Which revolution? Shut your gutter mouth there.

So you are in support of what the thieves are doing ribbing and raping peoples wives?
Since these guys are armed police should use maximum force, shoot at sight
Did you go to school at all? Agbero! Where did you see me supporting them? Tout
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Nyoyokoone: 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
If I no see the part 2 of this video....
Will never accept the shit ...
Those guys that behave like their brain is upside down sad
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by vertueptime: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
Great response from the police. This Inspector General knows his work.
Isnt the intel dept suppose to have preempted such and all teams would have been on stand by, like they do show of force before elections
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by kunyeo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Better late than never. The news from Lagos is terrible. I hear about 50 boys will enter a street in broad daylight robbing, raiping people. Residents are now doing vigil

Quite unbelievable but true because I was part of a street vigilante for the first time in my life yesterday, evening!
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by HRMK: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
DS NA REAL POLICEMAN WEY KNOW HIM DUTY WELL WELL!KUDOS O JARE!MORE BLESSINGS!!
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by NextBuhari: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
splashbaby:
Revolution next loading gradually.
This is simply a ploy to quell any uprising as a result of the extension soon to be announced by the President. Don't celebrate too soon.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Budmemba: 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice move ....hoping to see significant results
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Farki: 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
naijaboy756:
Weldone oga IG!!!

You say revolution as if its a bad thing.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
sad
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Zooposki(f): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Seems South West has the most criminals. Maybe it’s all those agberos.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by foreshore(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
Police should give you food. Grow small sense.

Obviously you are the one who has no sense here to even think that giving food is not the responsibility of the government
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Neoteny7: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
naijaboy756:
Weldone oga IG!!!

The word revolution has been cheapened in naija. Every small thing people will parrot revolution
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Xisnin(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ayoefa:

The way some where going about bragging about Amotekun gives the impression that they are all ready set to go.

That's not my main reason for asking the question sarcastically, it's because we always put the cart before the horse.
The biggest crime problem in the SW is not about Fulani Herdsmen but about thugs, gangs. cult and the like but the talk of FUlani Herdsmen is more politically expedient for the politicians hence all the cacophony and hoopla about the Amotekun lunch. Isn't crazy to create a security out fit to go after a crime that come up once in a month or even more but ignore crimes that occur on daily basis.
I swear black man is condemned to doom for the next 100 years.
I said it from scratch that Amotekun idea is as foolish as a toddler asking for permission to drive a car.
Common sense will dictate that you will create a security outfit to tackle all crimes in the SW not just a crime that comes around so infrequently just because you want to satisfy your political base. Pure rubbish.

You don't need to engage in self-hating rants because you don't understand the rational
behind a response.
Let us look at your perfect "whites".

9/11 killed merely 3000 people while gang-related deaths fuelled by drugs
kills about 33,000 per year.

The US created homeland security to tackle terrorists in 2002 in response to
the attacks.

Why didn't the US ruled by white men create an organization to fight "All crimes"
and instead focus on an infrequent once in many decades attack?
Are they so foolish to realize that other crimes kill more people per year?
Was it to satisfy the political base?

There will always be criminals the same way there will always be diseases.
But all crimes are not equal and I am not talking about severity here.

Why do you think there was lockdown for Coronavirus when other diseases
kill more people per year?

The function of the government is to provide stability.
Any deviation from the norm is problematic for the image of the affected community
and could have devastating economic consequences.

The SW governors made an intelligent decision to tackle a new problem of herdsmen
kidnapping people in highways and their farms. I have been traveling the highways for
years and I have never been fearful of being kidnapped until the herdsmen decided to
abandon cows for people.

Asking governors to tackle all crimes is a meaningless request. When new dangers present
themselves, we must respond and not bury our head in sand.

Finally, it is disingenuous to be asking about Amotekun when you know it hasn't been
organized just to taunt the supporters.
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by Felincous(m): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Them no allow us sleep yestdy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYn74V-UJI
Re: IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. by luluman: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ayoefa:
Where is Amotekun when you need them?

Ha these are not fulani Herdsmen.....I get it.
Use your brain now, should amotekun break the stay at home law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / #PMBInLagos: Buhari Lands In Lagos To Commission Dangote Fertiliser Plant / Buhari Takes Over Central Bank Naira Management - Bloomberg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.