Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) (1778 Views)

Egypt Fortified Her Border Fence Against Gaza (Pics, Video) / Progress On The New SA / ZIM Border Fence (Modified: COMMUNITY COMPLAINS) / SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Army sent to South Africa-Zimbabwe border after new 37million rand (N700million) fence damaged

SA Public Works minister Patricia de Lille said on Monday that the army has been sent to the Beitbridge border fence after reports that it had been damaged.

A picture circulating shows the barbed wire fence had been cut through, with a gaping hole now clearly visible in the fence, which separates SA and Zimbabwe.

In a series of tweets, De Lille acknowledged that the fence had been damaged — and promised that action would be taken.

“With regard to the Beitbridge border fence which DPWI [department of public works and infrastructure] is erecting and criminal elements damaging the fence: I am investigating this matter. The contractor has increased security personnel. The Defence Force has also deployed soldiers to patrol the border,” she said

"For the Beitbridge border fence, we are also considering additional deterring methods such as surveillance, sensors and alarms
,”.

Less than a month ago, on March 20, De Lille announced that a 40km border fence would be built, as part of measures to keep foreign nationals out of SA and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2020-04-13-army-heads-to-sa-zimbabwe-border-after-new-r37m-fence-damaged/

Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by daddytime(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
This one na fence, why dem dey waste their money.

Make dem come make I show dem the fence wey I climb enter Spain that year.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Any need for this kind of fence?
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by KLEINBASS: 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Xenophobia they should remove the borders, we helped them with our school lunch money.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by KLEINBASS: 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice excuse to send back the army to patrol our borders without Africans calling us names.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
daddytime:

There are two fences on the SA side and Zimbabwe side. Before getting there you battle Limpopo river full of crocodiles.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by FatherBona: 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
daddytime:

Baba how far
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
FatherBona:

Baba how far

He's proud of border jumping.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Donkeys
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by daddytime(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
FatherBona:

Baba how far

I gentle my brother...
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by Ifeblaise: 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Donkeys

Damnit, donkeys damaged the fence? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by WannaHowzit(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
I wonder, are there no border fences, walls and patrols in Nigeria? I guess thats y boko Haram can come and go as they please.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by oyatz(m): 3:06am On Apr 14, 2020
In many places, there are no clearly defined borders between Nigeria and Chad, Niger and Cameroon within the Lake Chad.

WannaHowzit:

I wonder, are there no border fences, walls and patrols in Nigeria? I guess thats y boko Haram can come and go as they please.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by FatherBona: 6:23am On Apr 14, 2020
WannaHowzit:

He's proud of border jumping.
Who dey follow you talk undecided
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by FatherBona: 6:24am On Apr 14, 2020
daddytime:

I gentle my brother...
E don tay o
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by KLEINBASS: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
Let me jus observe, I have been blocked many times the past few weeks.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
KLEINBASS:
Let me jus observe, I have been blocked many times the past few weeks.

Lol grin grin grin

Eish, I see u were reprimanded on the travel section this morning. That was a close call. grin

Nothing much ever happens round these woods. Foreign Affairs is where threads come to retire.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
oyatz:
In many places, there are no clearly defined borders between Nigeria and Chad, Niger and Cameroon within the Lake Chad.

I see how that can be problematic. Would u support fences or walls though?
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by KLEINBASS: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
TMKsouth:

Lol grin grin grin

Eish, I see u were reprimanded on the travel section this morning. That was a close call. grin

Nothing much ever happens round these woods. Foreign Affairs is where threads come to retire.

Is ironic that most of times we are are reactive but according to admin is good when South africa is painted bad, he even put most anti south africa posts on front pages and delete our responses.
Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
KLEINBASS:

Is ironic that most of times we are are reactive but according to admin is good when South africa is painted bad, he even put most anti south africa posts on front pages and delete our responses.

It's bitterness dude. Just be smart bout how you go about your business. Most posters here aren't smart - check the first comment of this thread for example - or they are trolling SA, so it's easy to blow a fuse. Then they'll report u and admin will reward them, no questions asked.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial SA-Zimbabwe Border Fence 'BADLY DAMAGED' (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:02am On Apr 17, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Tank Runs Out Of Gas—Ukrainians Mock Russians Soldiers / Luxembourg Becomes First Country With Gay PM And Deputy / Breaking: Two Ministers Got Fired By President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.