Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Went Down Today At The INEC Training For Youth Corpers? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Went Down Today At The INEC Training For Youth Corpers? (2773 Views)

Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Letter Of Request For Youth Corper To Serve In Organization / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Went Down Today At The INEC Training For Youth Corpers? by Holla2: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2011
Today marked the beginning of INEC's training for corp members, which the electoral body has planned to use nationwide for the forthcoming elections as Adhoc Staff.

The exercise in Ogun State was a complete sham, void of planning and adequate preparation. The exercise took place at the old Sagamu Orientation camp dining hall that can only sit about 300 people. yet an estimated number of 6,000 corp members (Batches A,B and C) were expected to participate.
The PA system could only manage to cover the hall while 98% of corp members moved around the premises freely, exchanging pleasantries and catching up with old friends. Thus only a few participated in the process but interestingly, they couldnt come up with tangible information when asked.

At the end of the day, most of these corp members who have traveled from distant places(due to the holiday) in response to the emergency notice went home utterly disappointed. It was full of uncertainties. So many versions of story: "they said", "no they did not", "i think", so many speculations. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of today's exercise.

Question: Why wasn't the exercise decentralised?
Who planned the whole event and how much was earmarked?
Why not make use of the stadia (Sagamu, Abeokuta or Ijebu Ode) where everyone can fully participate?

I cant but laugh at the outcome of this forthcoming elections should things continue like this. The Nigerian youth may never get the opportunity to get invloved in crucial national decisions if it fails this time. INEC/NYSC have started with a shaky foundation in Ogun State, dont be shocked when the building is complete.

Please give us updates on other states.
Re: What Went Down Today At The INEC Training For Youth Corpers? by TheOdd1sOut: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
Benzboys
Sorry for my earlier outburst
I was furious, don't mind me
I really am sorry

(1) (Reply)

-------------- / A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore / Nysc 2019 Batch B Callup Letter Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.