Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners (15640 Views)

Reps Halt Take Off Of 774,000 Special Works Programme Jobs / Lawmaker Throws Microphone At Keyamo During 774,000 Jobs Rowdy Committee Meeting / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola , has attributed the delay in the planned recruitment of 774,000 workers to the coronavirus pandemic .
He explained that the exercise would have commenced but for the lockdown occasioned by the disease.

The President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , had last week ordered the recruitment of the workers from the 774 Local Government Areas of the country .

They are to engage in sweeping of streets, markets and clearing of gutters for a period of three months.

The initiative will be funded from the N 60bn COVID- 19 Intervention Fund and will last from October to December 2020 , according to the Minister of Finance , Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed.

Giving an update on the recruitment at the press briefing of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID- 19 in Abuja on Tuesday , Aregbesola said the exercise had to be suspended when the pandemic broke out.

He said that the staff to conduct the recruitment have been forced to stay at home , stressing that no one could carry out such assignment at this critical time.

“ Our youths should be calm, believing that the President’ s order on the recruitment will be obeyed as soon as the lockdown over COVID -19 is over, ” he said .
https://punchng.com/covid-19-delaying-recruitment-of-774000-street-cleaners-aregbesola/

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Rich4god(m): 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
I don't understand street cleaners... I thought they were supposed to be health workers.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by yerokunphilips: 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Our youths should be calm, believing that the President’ s order on the recruitment will be obeyed as soon as the lockdown over COVID -19 is over, ” he said .
Who do we offend in this country to deserve this kind of leaders ? So street sweepers for just three months is what the youth deserve . So what will happen to them after three months. Can anyone in government wish this kind of employment for his or her child ? GOD PLEASE DELIVER US FROM THIS IRRESPONSIBLE ,IRRESPONSIVE AND HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by GIDIBANKZ(m): 5:08am On Apr 15, 2020
Now i Present to You------- Congratulations to those that donated to Federal Government, I want to announce to you that your burnt offerings have reach heaven as the Accountant General has now officially become your Chief Pries

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by BarrElChapo(m): 5:09am On Apr 15, 2020
angry
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by AngryIgboMan: 5:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Audio as usual grin grin grin

When I heard they were recruiting over 700,000 for this corona pandemic, I was asking myself how feasible this plan is.

You find it hard to pay Npower slaves and you want to do more recruitment? Why not deploy those alread employed in Nhealth to the corona disaster areas?

I pity those who believe in this government?

Government of Audio

By Audio

And For Audio

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Slimdan360: 5:13am On Apr 15, 2020
For everything that happens this period,corona virus is here to take the blame,u guys should continue o

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by isunday: 5:14am On Apr 15, 2020
Street cleaners for 3 months after which they go back to unemployment mode.
While not employ them permanently

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by fallingsky(m): 5:14am On Apr 15, 2020
���
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by sisisioge: 5:14am On Apr 15, 2020
But how many are they in osun that they want to recruit a whole 774,000 people as street cleaners?

Hmmm, they will recruit them alright and spend the 50billion NGN...but only 4000 of them may actually work if care is not taken.

Modified:

So it isn't for osun alone...thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by emirateprince: 5:14am On Apr 15, 2020
grin
This old f00ls ruling us they think we are heavy duty Mumu ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by francisbarrack(m): 5:16am On Apr 15, 2020
These people r Good example for heartless n wickedness. Cleaner in this era, useless government

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by dadebayo1(m): 5:16am On Apr 15, 2020
3months street sweeping grin The children of the political elites should take the lead

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Good morning nairalanders

Abt the sweeping thing ehnnn, Na me sweep my compound myself this morning as na my turn.

Normally we dey pay cleaner morning to do the job n pay 300 but as the lockdown shit Don enter and things Don dey easy ( to be positive ) ehnnn

I carry broom sweep myself... Been a while I did such but I enjoyed it sha.

God eppp us oook

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Unclebright20(f): 5:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Just look at our government and the plans they have for us. The allocated amount is 60b. At the end, each youth that engaged in the exercise will get peanut as salary while the rest goes into one ashole pocket.[left][/left]

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Ameeria: 5:18am On Apr 15, 2020
GIDIBANKZ:
Now i Present to You------- Congratulations to those that donated to Federal Government, I want to announce to you that your burnt offerings have reach heaven as the Accountant General has now officially become your Chief Pries

That is why it is better to actually donate exactly what you want the money to be used for...if it's cleaners, donate them through an agency. If it's medical supplies, donate through agencies in Medical Support Services. That way stories that touch can be avoided.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by wilemer: 5:18am On Apr 15, 2020
valentineuwekwe:
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola , has attributed the delay in the planned recruitment of 774,000 workers to the coronavirus pandemic .
He explained that the exercise would have commenced but for the lockdown occasioned by the disease.

The President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , had last week ordered the recruitment of the workers from the 774 Local Government Areas of the country

don't trust this politicians
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 15, 2020
I should come and be clearing gutters and cutting bush for you for three months.

I Don Hear.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by gaskiyamagana: 5:19am On Apr 15, 2020
This kinda recruitmemt will be well publicized because it of no use to their people.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20am On Apr 15, 2020
Take heart guys.

It is only a matter of time.

Together, we will overcome this pandemic.

#JustBelieve

kiss

sisisioge:
But how many are they in osun that they want to recruit a who 774,000 people as street cleaners?

Hmmm, they will recruit them alright and spend the 50billion NGN...but only 4000 of them may actually work if care is not taken.
Hello Sisi Oge,
We believe you still think Ogbeni Aregbesola is still the governor of Osun State, hence you think the 774,000 Citizens will all be from Osun state?
Let us clarify this for you sis.

Since you are not one of these daily wailers,
let us educate and correct you with love and warmth.

Ogbeni Aregbesola is talking about the 774,000 jobs the FG planned for 774,000 Nigerians, one thousand citizens from all the 774 Local Government we have in our darling nation.
Aregbesola is talking about this in the capacity of Minister of Interior and not as Osun state governor ma.
Now you know!

Thank God you are not a wailer, for Nairaland wailers creating nuisance here on a daily basis, our short reply would have been some GBAS-GBOS! cheesy
They get that when they exhibit their foolishness online.

sisisioge:

Thank you papi...I recently got tired of them all. Hope you're keeping safe.
We are doing good and fine.
Some of us @[b][/color] joined a voluntary first responder group against Covid-19 with LASG and Nigeria as a whole. 
Together, We will win this war against Corona.
Keep being safe and fine sis.
God will continue to protect you and your family and everyone reading this.
God gat us! wink

Btw, we no be Papi ooo,
We are simply [color=#006600]WE!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by GhostPhoenix(m): 5:20am On Apr 15, 2020
Nawao
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Sammysolution: 5:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Employ street cleaner for three months, and after, the whole of the country will be clean forever. THERE WAS A COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Pebcak: 5:25am On Apr 15, 2020

Honestly I am in shock, I cant believe it, i am speechless and most importantly I cannot can again shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by 77up(m): 5:27am On Apr 15, 2020
sisisioge:
But how many are they in osun that they want to recruit a who 774,000 people as street cleaners ?

This is what you get when you refuse to read but rush to comment undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by TGM2015: 5:28am On Apr 15, 2020
sisisioge:
But how many are they in osun that they want to recruit a who 774,000 people as street cleaners?

1,000 per each local government area in Nigeria.

yerokunphilips:
Our youths should be calm, believing that the President’ s order on the recruitment will be obeyed as soon as the lockdown over COVID -19 is over, ” he said .
Who do we offend in this country to deserve this kind of leaders ? So street sweepers for just three months is what the youth deserve . So what will happen to them after three months. Can anyone in government wish this kind of employment for his or her child ? GOD PLEASE DELIVER US FROM THIS IRRESPONSIBLE ,IRRESPONSIVE AND HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT

No matter how you view this, if at all the present government is serious about it, this how developed countries helped their population. Most job over there (UK and US) are contract based ranging from 3 months to 2 years. Over there, you can find someone that worked for over 4 companies/organisations in a year.

The initiative will be funded from the N 60bn COVID- 19 Intervention Fund and will last from October to December 2020 , according to the Minister of Finance , Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed.
My fear is that this may eventually never come to see the day light or will be run in the mid night. Why funding the recruitment from COVID-19 fund and plan to start in October. Except Punch made errors in their reporting, the quoted paragraph does not make any sense except there is a plan to siphoned the money.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by NiCurious: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2020
Why is the initiative to be paid for out of the Covid Intervention Fund, when it can't be carried out during said covid pandemic in the first place? What kind of self-defeating "plan" is this? Is that what the money was originally for?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by deltateam: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2020
This pandemic will soon be over. Let's be strong for each other.

Make free money today. Check my signature.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Zombiekiller010: 5:32am On Apr 15, 2020
Yahoo Yahoo government, Girlfriend of state and federal politician will be cashing out this days, billing things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aso Villa Crises Mirror Nigeria’s Broken State / FG Merges NCAA Directorates, Sacks Directors / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates New CAN President, Daniel Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.