Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Free Covid Test Launches Independent Of NCDC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Free Covid Test Launches Independent Of NCDC (374 Views)

Covid 19: Ucth To Work Independent Of Cross River State / Covid 19: Ucth To Work Independent Of Cross River State / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Covid Test Launches Independent Of NCDC by jasedu60: 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
By Eric Elezuo

A group, https://www.covidtest.ng COVID TESTNIGERIA, has launched a web application, designed to help users diagnose symptoms of the COVID-19, and get advice on the next cause of action in total compliance with the international mitigation guidelines.

Furthermore, the application can virtually make recommendations for government official intervention after test/diagnosis, for users with high and extreme risk of the virus.

The web application was founded by prominent IT experts, Bukola Ogundipe and Joel Oyeyinka Popoola of the wave-making Rate Your Leader App, which allows abuse-free interaction between the electors and the elected. It is, however, developed and designed by Asset Awards IT Team led by Ogundipe.

The application is set to debut on Wednesday, April 15, 2020, with a soft launch, and will be saddled with the responsibility of evaluating the feasibility of the platform as well as address whatever challenges that may arise. The primary objective of the novel technology is to checkmate the spread of the Coronavirus disease, which has killed close to a hundred thousand persons globally since its inception late December.

According to the co-founder, Mr. Popoola: “We will dynamically develop updates to ensure simplicity and user-friendliness in the first few weeks of the launch.”

Though built with facts from reputable sources including World Health Organisation, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Centre for Disease Control and National Health Scheme, the application does not absorb anyone from following the NCDC, local, state or Federal governments’ guidelines.

Re: Free Covid Test Launches Independent Of NCDC by Friendlyjoe: 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: Free Covid Test Launches Independent Of NCDC by Williboss(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
This is an excellent development but the problem is that the symptoms of coronavirus are very similar to the symptoms of other diseases, so it is almost impossible to determine online! I consulted with doctors and even professional virologists can make mistakes. The only option is express tests. By the way, recently I found out that they can be bought even online and it is completely legal. I am very afraid of this virus and have been in isolation with my sister for a very long time. After each trip to the store, I use the CovidX Rapid Test and this helps to determine whether I am healthy or not! But be careful when buying tests from the Internet because now there are a lot of scammers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Northerners Be More Worried About Coronavirus? / 108 New Cases Of #COVID-19 / NMA Blows Hot As FG Says 40 Health Workers Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.