Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? (348 Views)

Group Calls Out Atiku Abubakar Over Breach Of Contract / $23m Abacha Loot: SERAP Writes Buhari, Seeks ‘copy Of Agreement With US’ / Filing a complaint against Airtel For Breach of Privacy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by Jeffpac: 3:16am On Apr 15, 2020
I have dated a girl for 4+, when I met her I asked her what she wanted in life and she told me she want to further her studies, and I enrol her for jamb she couldn't pass her post utme at her choosing school, I couldn't abandon her I had to look for another school that was admitting candidates that did not choose their school though the school fee was a little expensive.

She later got admitted and after her first year I lost my job things became so difficult for me but I was determine to make sure she graduate because I never wanted to marry someone that is not a graduate considering the family I come from I don't want some family members to be looking down on her, I went through hell because there was no support from anywhere including her family nobody in her family care abt her education.

Some times I will skip meals just so that she can have something in school, sometimes I will borrow to pay back with interest so that she can pay schools, accommodation and books.
I lost everything because at a point I had to sell all my properties which I later bought betters ones when things got better for me a little.

When she was in final year we went for introduction I was not financially OK that time but she kept disturbing that at least I should go and see her parents then we can start gradually which we did the introduction.
I struggle and struggle and finally I got a job just before this lockdown for covic19, so the job has been put on hold, before then we started making arrangement how we can save money for our wedding some time this year.
Last month she left for NYSC but she came back cos of the covic19 and she came to my house, later at night around 10 pm a man called her probably someone she met at orientation camp and they talked for almost an hour from the discussion the man was telling her about his wife how he treat his wife who just put to bed and blabla so after the call I caution her that she shld not be receiving calls from men in my house at that late hour it does not show any kind of respect for me as her fiancée she started arguing but I stood my ground and left the bed room to parlour so that one ended.

The next day she left and I was not happy with her for some other things she did so we did not talk for few days when I called her I thank her for the soup she cooked for me with her own money but she was not happy becos according to her I waited for days before thanking her for what she did and I apologized and that one ended.
Last week I was very sick with typhoid and I was admitted in the hospital , I called her but she did not answer so I sent her a text around 9pm she did not reply till after 12 midnight before she replied that she is not feeling fine for two days now without even asking what happen to me.
The next day she did not even bothered to check on me and I was seriously down till around to 2 am I saw her call because I could not sleep because of my sickness, initially I Neva wanted to pick it but on the second thought I reasoned it could b an emergency so I called her back just for her to tell me that she has tot about everything about our relationship and she think we should go our separate ways.
I tried to talk to her even call some of her siblings and they talk to her, my friends that accompanied me to her village for her introduction all talked to her but instead she was even insulting me for telling people what she did, that she have made her decision so no one she disturb her.
Am really hurt deeply becos when I look back on what I have been through for her sake because we promise each other marriage so everything I was doing i was like doing it for our future I wasted about 5 years of my life and resources for someone who just wake up one day and said let us go our separate ways without considering how I feel about it.
I talk to a lawyer who advise me I can sue her for breach of contract and claim damages I know she will not have anything to pay but I need her to feel the pains that she cause me too, becos all these years I Neva cheated on her not even ones I invested all my emotions in the relationship.

I know she do complained that some times am harsh to her and I don't call her more than ones in a day but I keep telling her that I was not like this before but am going through a lot of things which she is aware of so she should understand with me sometimes when i try hard and things are not working I just get frustrated and react unnecessary to issues so I expect her to be patient with me and help me to overcome these challenges am facing now, everything will be OK soon but she is just selfish that she thinks about herself alone.

I need advise pls because am going to ask the lawyer to proceed with legal proceedings.
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:55am On Apr 15, 2020
hmm...
u have really been to hell & back, but I'll like u to see all dz as experiences that'll shape u for a better future.
karma issa biatch, yet a favored daughter of mother nature.
as far as dz life is concerned, that girl will never excel above u coz u did ur best for her & stood by her.
(I know dz might sound stupid) u should be happy she left coz believe me, it would've been worse if u had proceeded with ur marriage to her.
thank God u just got a job.
plz focus on urself (as dz is something u haven't done in a long time), remould ur life to that shape u've always wanted, and trust me, u will get a better girl.

let's I forget,
u can't sue her for anything coz:
1. u had no written agreement with her
2. it's possible u guys made that agreement when she was at a very young age (maybe a minor) & dz will be seen as manipulation by u...
that ur lawyer gave u da worst advice coz he's da only one that stands to gain if u sue her.

at dz junction,
plz permit me to evacuate da unwanted organic occupants of my bowels
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by Ladylite: 4:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Jeffpac:
I have dated a girl for 4+, when I met her I asked her what she wanted in life and she told me she want to further her studies, and I enrol her for jamb she couldn't pass her post utme at her choosing school, I couldn't abandon her I had to look for another school that was admitting candidates that did not choose their school though the school fee was a little expensive.

She later got admitted and after her first year I lost my job things became so difficult for me but I was determine to make sure she graduate because I never wanted to marry someone that is not a graduate considering the family I come from I don't want some family members to be looking down on her, I went through hell because there was no support from anywhere including her family nobody in her family care abt her education.

Some times I will skip meals just so that she can have something in school, sometimes I will borrow to pay back with interest so that she can pay schools, accommodation and books.
I lost everything because at a point I had to sell all my properties which I later bought betters ones when things got better for me a little.

When she was in final year we went for introduction I was not financially OK that time but she kept disturbing that at least I should go and see her parents then we can start gradually which we did the introduction.
I struggle and struggle and finally I got a job just before this lockdown for covic19, so the job has been put on hold, before then we started making arrangement how we can save money for our wedding some time this year.
Last month she left for NYSC but she came back cos of the covic19 and she came to my house, later at night around 10 pm a man called her probably someone she met at orientation camp and they talked for almost an hour from the discussion the man was telling her about his wife how he treat his wife who just put to bed and blabla so after the call I caution her that she shld not be receiving calls from men in my house at that late hour it does not show any kind of respect for me as her fiancée she started arguing but I stood my ground and left the bed room to parlour so that one ended.

The next day she left and I was not happy with her for some other things she did so we did not talk for few days when I called her I thank her for the soup she cooked for me with her own money but she was not happy becos according to her I waited for days before thanking her for what she did and I apologized and that one ended.
Last week I was very sick with typhoid and I was admitted in the hospital , I called her but she did not answer so I sent her a text around 9pm she did not reply till after 12 midnight before she replied that she is not feeling fine for two days now without even asking what happen to me.
The next day she did not even bothered to check on me and I was seriously down till around to 2 am I saw her call because I could not sleep because of my sickness, initially I Neva wanted to pick it but on the second thought I reasoned it could b an emergency so I called her back just for her to tell me that she has tot about everything about our relationship and she think we should go our separate ways.
I tried to talk to her even call some of her siblings and they talk to her, my friends that accompanied me to her village for her introduction all talked to her but instead she was even insulting me for telling people what she did, that she have made her decision so no one she disturb her.
Am really hurt deeply becos when I look back on what I have been through for her sake because we promise each other marriage so everything I was doing i was like doing it for our future I wasted about 5 years of my life and resources for someone who just wake up one day and said let us go our separate ways without considering how I feel about it.
I talk to a lawyer who advise me I can sue her for breach of contract and claim damages I know she will not have anything to pay but I need her to feel the pains that she cause me too, becos all these years I Neva cheated on her not even ones I invested all my emotions in the relationship.

I know she do complained that some times am harsh to her and I don't call her more than ones in a day but I keep telling her that I was not like this before but am going through a lot of things which she is aware of so she should understand with me sometimes when i try hard and things are not working I just get frustrated and react unnecessary to issues so I expect her to be patient with me and help me to overcome these challenges am facing now, everything will be OK soon but she is just selfish that she thinks about herself alone.

I need advise pls because am going to ask the lawyer to proceed with legal proceedings.

Let her go.

She will learn the bitter lesson later. As for you, go and make money.... Leave the country, change environment because if you keep seeing her it will damage your mind.
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by machi25(f): 4:23am On Apr 15, 2020
Investments made in relationships goes with the relationship.this I have buried at the dept of my heart.. no matter how much sacrifice u make in a relationship,bare it in mind that 2things are involved
1.the relationship might lead 2 marriage
2.it might end b4 marriage.
Whichever way, accept it and move on don't allow it weigh u down..u don't have 2 give so much if u can't bear to lose..it's a 50/50 thing more like a risk..take this as an experience and be more guarded in future..God will give u d healing you need 2 recover from this wound..let her be cos karma is a bitch favoured by mother nature

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by xendra: 5:09am On Apr 15, 2020
hmmm ....OP if you think such a person will escape what's coming for her then you are mistaken.
I am yet to see a man or woman that ditched a good person and ever had a better relationship in the future. they can pretend all they want, to look like all is well with them but they never really find happiness.

but if you only told us the good side, only told us what will make us think of you as the good one and her as the bad then suing her will only bring her closer to her blessings.

because I know I have been in a relationship where I had to smile and make it look like all was ok but when I was ready to leave nigger called me selfish and all kind of names claiming he has been nothing but nice to me cheesy and I know that's what he will be telling people, grin he was actually very nice to me but the hurt he made sure I feel in return was not something I was willing to stay for. most men really think money is everything

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by ProtectMyMoney: 5:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Jeffpac:
I have dated a girl for 4+, when I met her I asked her what she wanted in life and she

Many men have fallen into this trap of sending a lady to school and hoping to marry her after graduation.

She will always take off because University is where she blossoms and is spotted by other people with more means.

. Smart man like Omotola Jalaade's husband got her at 19, made her give birth to two children, then sent her wherever...she is still with her husband till date.

Imagine the husband had sent her to the University before birthing kids, with the hope of marrying her after graduation. He would have been writing this similar story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by Karleb(m): 6:03am On Apr 15, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Many men have fallen into this trap of sending a lady to school and hoping to marry her after graduation.

She will always take off because University is where she blossoms and is spotted by other people with more means.

. Smart man like Omotola Jalaade's husband got her at 19, made her give birth to two children, then sent her wherever...she is still with her husband till date.

Imagine the husband had sent her to the University before birthing kids, with the hope of marrying her after graduation. He would have been writing this similar story.

This thing is not hard now!

Don't train a girl in school in the name of love but if you must, give her belle! angry angry

But they'll never listen.
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by Galactico4ever(m): 8:06am On Apr 15, 2020
Ladylite:

Let her go.

She will learn the bitter lesson later. As for you, go and make money.... Leave the country, change environment because if you keep seeing her it will damage your mind.
Remember you can only sue for breach of contract when there is a legal contract signed by the two of you+witness(es). anyway,i think your mistake was not doing a wedding and my advice for you is to take heart and move on. I believe some1 better is waiting for you
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
When one invests in a business, It could be the case that the business might fail or succeed.

When it fails, one ought to pickup himself and venture into another, still having the hope that someday one of the ventures might succeed. When it succeeds, then one feels good.

Streamlined to your case, you have invested and it's clear. But your investment didn't yield the necessary return you envisaged.

Pls move on and don't subject yourself to the SUNK COST FALLACY.

It hurts I know but when one door of opportunity is shot, another will be opened.

Don't focus too much on the closed opportunities that you fail to see the new one ahead of you.

Simply, let her go. Don't sue her.
Re: Can I Sue Her For Breach Of Agreement And Claim Damages? by ObiBlessed(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Seconded!! Me, send you to uni without u giving birth to at least a kid 4me, and even another one on d way..
God knows I no fit try am. Even my mumsy no fit tell me make I do am!!

(1) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Old Woman Slumped And Die In Aba / Governor Wike’s Attention Required Over Rivers Boy That Wants To Become A “senio / Meet ”nico Dorja” A Multi-talented Afrobeat Act Everyone Should Look Out For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.