Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? (1538 Views)

How Much Are POS Operators Now Charging For Withdrawals In Your Area? / Why Do People Need Diamond Bank Mastercard And Union Bank Visa card? / Opay Now Charging 2% For Bank Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 3:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Please has anyone here checked how much first bank is charging for their online transactions through MasterCard? It has been around 365 naira for the 2 years I've been using it but in my last two transactions, I observed the naira deducted was higher than I expected and working it out, it cams to 400 naira to the dollar. I queried them on Twitter and got no reply yet. Also I see on nairaland here people trading in PayPal funds and so many others I don't know about, at nice rates. I would like to know how I can benefit from it if it's not a fraud. I think I've seen rates like 340 or even less to the dollar and it's not too good to be true since the official exchange rate is even less than that. Anyone with knowledge?
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Milkyn: 3:29am On Apr 15, 2020
Dwightventures:
Please has anyone here checked how much first bank is charging for their online transactions through MasterCard? It has been around 365 naira for the 2 years I've been using it but in my last two transactions, I observed the naira deducted was higher than I expected and working it out, it cams to 400 naira to the dollar. I queried them on Twitter and got no reply yet. Also I see on nairaland here people trading in PayPal funds and so many others I don't know about, at nice rates. I would like to know how I can benefit from it if it's not a fraud. I think I've seen rates like 340 or even less to the dollar and it's not too good to be true since the official exchange rate is even less than that. Anyone with knowledge?
Paypal rate is different from normal dollar rate. You can get PayPal fund for as low as N320/$ and sell to make profit. If you want to know more, let me know.
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by cmoney22222: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2020
Yestiday uba charged me 437 naira per dollars and 478 naira per eur. But uba buys at 420 naira per eur. Everything na wayo for nigeria
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2020
Milkyn:

Paypal rate is different from normal dollar rate. You can get PayPal fund for as low as N320/$ and sell to make profit. If you want to know more, let me know.

I want to know more, hence my posting the question. I'm far more concerned about not being defrauded because the business of defrauding others is a nationally recognised means of making money here.

I don't want to sell. I pay for things online via PayPal at the high rate and want to get a better deal
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2020
cmoney22222:
Yestiday uba charged me 437 naira per dollars and 478 naira per eur. But uba buys at 420 naira per eur. Everything na wayo for nigeria

What! But why is no one talking about it? I came back to nairaland after long absence to search for this topic because I thought it would be a front page topic and I saw nothing -- forcing me to open this thread
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by cmoney22222: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Sent them email no reply yet
Dwightventures:

What! But why is no one talking about it? I came back to nairaland after long absence to search for this topic because I thought it would be a front page topic and I saw nothing -- forcing me to open this thread
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by EvagreenEditors: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2020
slimanyd:

Cc. Tabbaz , Dominique . Be on Red alert o. Someone is about to get scammed again.
cheesy
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
slimanyd:

Cc. Tabbaz , Dominique . Be on Red alert o. Someone is about to get scammed again.

If you know something, why not say it?
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by slimanyd: 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dwightventures:

Do you due diligence search before u transact with anybody on nairalnad. the rate at which people are scamming now is alarming. Dont buy funds from peoole who has been tagged as scammers. Check there monickers and there numbers . It will further expose them more . My2cents.
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by slimanyd: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dwightventures:

I hope havent transact anything with that scammer o. He just scammed someone now. He who have hears should listen when the spirit is
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
slimanyd:

Do you due diligence search before u transact with anybody on nairalnad. the rate at which people are scamming now is alarming. Dont buy funds from peoole who has been tagged as scammers. Check there monickers and there numbers . It will further expose them more . My2cents.

You are probably right, but you've done NOTHING to help me on my way, only to tell me to run from danger. The best way to run from the danger is not to be here at all. I wonder if that's your solution
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by slimanyd: 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dwightventures:

You are probably right, but you've done NOTHING to help me on my way, only to tell me to run from danger. The best way to run from the danger is not to be here at all. I wonder if that's your solution

Ur best bet is not to respond to any secret messages from na anonymous person on nairaland telling they sell or buy paypal funds. Verify and go through the person profile . How else could i have helped again .
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by Dwightventures(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2020
slimanyd:

Ur best bet is not to respond to any secret messages from na anonymous person on nairaland telling they sell or buy paypal funds. Verify and go through the person profile . How else could i have helped again .

Read what he wrote from the beginning. That is help, even if he turns out to be a fraudster. You will tell someone where to go, what to do; not where not to go and what not to do.
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by cmoney22222: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Anyone knows rate for access bank
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by obi4eze(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
Dwightventures:

I want to know more, hence my posting the question. I'm far more concerned about not being defrauded because the business of defrauding others is a nationally recognised means of making money here.

I don't want to sell. I pay for things online via PayPal at the high rate and want to get a better deal
That's daylight robbery. These banks are thieves.
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by obi4eze(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
cmoney22222:
Anyone knows rate for access bank

They charged me 400/dollar about 2 weeks ago
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by cmoney22222: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks boss
obi4eze:

They charged me 400/dollar about 2 weeks ago
Re: First Bank Mastercard Now Charging ₦ 400 Per USD? by spyglaxx: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Visit aboki fx

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's Top Computer Manufacturer.... His Net Worth: $1 Billion / Make Money Monthly Streaming On UPLIVE / Nigeria Earns $4.41b From Oil Export In 1 Month - Cbn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.