Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

What Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do? (1597 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do? by Djei: 6:09am On Apr 15, 2020
I wanted 3 kids but settled for 4 with my wife. The last is almost 3yrs. My wife has been practicing safe period sex which has been working for us even in the spacing of our kids. The method just failed and my wife has been devastated, she has lost touch with things around her, she cries, lost appetite, suffering insomnia. I've done all I could to make her get over it and it's not working. I fear for her health. Many things are bothering her, the thought of starting afresh (she has given out all our baby things), going through pregnancy wahalla etc. Pls ur advice and words of encouragement will be highly appreciated on how to weather this storm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by ikh777: 6:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:
I wanted 3 kids but settled for 4 with my wife. The last is almost 3yrs. My wife has been practicing safe period sex which has been working for us even in the spacing of our kids. The method just failed and my wife has been devastated, she has lost touch with things around her, she cries, lost appetite, suffering insomnia. I've done all I could to make her get over it and it's not working. I fear for her health. Many things are bothering her, the thought of starting afresh (she has given out all our baby things), going through pregnancy wahalla etc. Pls ur advice and words of encouragement will be highly appreciated on how to weather this storm. Thanks

This is sad, but why didnt you USE CONDOM or VASECTOMY?

That would have saved you all these na.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:
Your wife is a good woman

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by xendra: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2020
cheesy cheesy sorry this is not funny.....but she should know there's nothing like 100% safe sex, and know that such could happen to any woman unless she is in menopausegrin even birth control has failed women its just luck.

my neighbour had same issue but now the child is grown .....she will get through it, it's not always as bad as she might be thinking , she is definitely over thinking/stressing it

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Your wife is stupid and a disgrace to womanhood. She's supposed to be angry with you, yet she's angry with herself. A God's gift is pregnancy, I feel like slapping you for hurting your wife
Just imagine the truckload of bullshit you settled down to type this morning...

It's not a MUST to comment on every thread.... Try and hide your gross stupidity sometimes.

Cc; dominique, can you see this type of disgusting comment?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:
Engineer, she's your wife and you know exactly what makes her feel relax and happy, you've to be there for her now.... You know how most women tends to over react for little or no reason..

But Engineer, make una hold body small.... grin It must not be knacking at every meeting..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do? by DanseMacabre(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2020
Oga it's one of two things na.

You either choose to abort or keep the baby.
Let her not end up having a baby she'll hate.

Besides, concerning this being her biggest worry presently mean say other bigger problems we are collectively facing, viz. COVIK ONE-NINE, impending hunger crisis, massive unemployment, etc no reach her side.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by DanseMacabre(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Your wife is stupid and a disgrace to womanhood. She's supposed to be angry with you, yet she's angry with herself. A God's gift is pregnancy, I feel like slapping you for hurting your wife

It's too early to be spewing this kind of drivel, don't you think

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Acmepreneur:

My brother don't mind those people insulting you above and below us jare. You have sense but they just cant phantom the fact that yours works from your anus. Carry go jare. Nothing do you.

7 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by Djei: 10:17am On Apr 15, 2020

Vasectomy? Will look into that in the future. Have any idea of the side effects? Thanks
Re: What Do I Do? by Djei: 10:24am On Apr 15, 2020
xendra:
cheesy cheesy sorry this is not funny.....but she should know there's nothing like 100% safe sex, and know that such could happen to any woman unless she is in menopausegrin even birth control has failed women its just luck.

my neighbour had same issue but now the child is grown .....she will get through it, it's not always as bad as she might be thinking , she is definitely over thinking/stressing it

She never envisaged it, it is working for her elder sis that's why she relied on the method. Thanks for ur concern
Re: What Do I Do? by Djei: 10:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Erediauwa:
Engineer, she's your wife and you know exactly what makes her feel relax and happy, you've to be there for her now.... You know how most women tends to over react for little or no reason..

But Engineer, make una hold body small.... grin It must not be knacking at every meeting..

Thanks for your concern bro.
Re: What Do I Do? by Djei: 10:32am On Apr 15, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Oga it's one of two things na.

You either choose to abort or keep the baby.
Let her not end up having a baby she'll hate.

Besides, concerning this being her biggest worry presently mean say other bigger problems we are collectively facing, viz. COVIK ONE-NINE, impending hunger crisis, massive unemployment, etc no reach her side.

I don't think abortion is an option. Those problems wey u mention dey sha but na d one wey pinch am pass matter. I hope with time she'll get over it. Thanks for stopping by
Re: What Do I Do? by SweetCunt97(f): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Indeed. Did you put money in their pockets?
Re: What Do I Do? by SweetCunt97(f): 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:

I don't think abortion is an option. Those problems wey u mention dey sha but na d one wey pinch am pass matter. I hope with time she'll get over it. Thanks for stopping by
Abortion is an option unless you both left it late. You both can agree and simply evacuate. Don't allow religion cloud your rational mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do? by SweetCunt97(f): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:

Vasectomy? Will look into that in the future. Have any idea of the side effects? Thanks
You'll get fat. There's always the pull out method.
Re: What Do I Do? by Modupetemmy1(f): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
just try to calm her down and promise to assist her during this period, with time she'll be calm and adjust.
at last it will end in praise
Re: What Do I Do? by veave(f): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Acmepreneur:

@op

What ever you do, don't listen to this person up here. No one hurt anyone. It's normal for her to feel that way especially in this recent economic development of the world. Her crying and mood swings could also be part of pregnancy hormones. Just keep reassuring her that everything will be fine. You can even promise to register her in a gym as soon as she gives birth so she can snap back into shape. I wish you both a smooth pregnancy and safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by frozen70(f): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Djei:

She need to read this

She should calm down unless she is ready to bear the pains of getting rid of it

Her parents are in best position to calm her down since yours in not making impact on her

Her overall health is the most important thing now not even what she needs to get for the baby

Besides what she needs can be gotten by bits

She definitely need a flask but flasks are also important to the family

She needs just little baby dress as this may be her last child so she doesn't need much

If she gets too worried she may develop unhealthy complications and it will cost an unplanned extra expenses before and affect birth

After everything, pls follow her to family planning unit and be part of it

It's always good for both parents to participate

Finally, the entire family will be glad to have a little baby that will keep everyone happy and playfull at home

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by andyanders: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Op, pls and pls, never try any nonsense like abortion as that child is a blessing to you and his/her generation. Seek for God's grace to provide to train them. Calm down your wife and give her your support to overcome this trying period so that her BP doesn't go high and could trigger complication. I hope you never started blaming her hence her state of health now?

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2020
Look for good Dr and abort the pregnancy, if it's not already too late. Those saying "don't abort" are not going to be the ones to feed and wipe your baby's ass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do? by rain21(f): 8:08am On Apr 16, 2020
I really feel for your wife,
this can be really depressing
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2020
fieryy:
Look for good Dr and abort the pregnancy, if it's not already too late. Those saying "don't abort" are not going to be the ones to feed and wipe your baby's ass.
The dude above even call it "a blessing"

When they lack self control with reproduction, they tag it "Gift from God"

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by bukatyne(f): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Djei:

Just imagine that it is twins.

We call it double double cheesy

Hugs to madam. It can be very sad especially if she wants to go guns blazing on whatever she wants to do.
Re: What Do I Do? by neloyah: 9:16am On Apr 16, 2020
fieryy:

I'd have agreed with you totally on this if only abortion was legal in Nigeria. The ones who may agree to do it are certainly not good doctors who risk their license being withdrawn. So it's pretty much unsafe for them both. He doesn't even seem to want abortion too. I hope they're able to make the right decision tho.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 16, 2020
neloyah:

I'd have agreed with you totally on this if only abortion was legal in Nigeria. The ones who may agree to do it are certainly not good doctors who risk their license being withdrawn. So it's pretty much unsafe for them both. He doesn't even seem to want abortion too. I hope they're able to make the right decision tho.

Wait, hold on. Abortion is illegal in Nigeria?!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do I Do? by neloyah: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2020
fieryy:

Wait, hold on. Abortion is illegal in Nigeria?!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sadly, it is.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 16, 2020
neloyah:

Sadly, it is.

I actually had no idea embarassed

OP, I'm really really sorry about you and your wife's situation. The entire situation just really dawned on me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
And how is his wife stupid and a disgrace to womanhood? She needs encouragement and not insult.
Acmepreneur:

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 2:16am On Apr 20, 2020
If abortion is not an option for you guys, encourage her to make the best of the situation and go straight to nexplanon when the baby is born.
Renew every two years and never worry about unplanned pregnancy. There are side effects (just as with all of them) but if you guys don’t do something definite about it, it will happen again.

Pregnancy is a natural result of unprotected sex.
You could get a vasectomy as well.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by Richy4(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2020
What has happened has happened... maybe u can consider adoption after birth. There are couples I guess that will love to take care of it.. instead of being sad.. just keep that as an option too

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by nuelyoyo(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2020
xendra:

it's not funny but you are laughing all over your post sad undecided

(1) (Reply)

... / Non-supportive Husband / What's The Reason You Became A Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.