Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch (724 Views)

Detailed Guide On How To Start Amazon Affiliate Marketing | From A - Z / Start A Successful Online Business With Affiliate Marketing From Nigeria / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch by SamOnaivi: 9:50am On Apr 15, 2020
Post COVID-19 a lot will change. Already IMF is forecasting a recession that will be greater than the Great Depression of the 1930s. In Nigeria alone, it has been said that our economy will see a GDP contractions of about 3.4%.

Basically, it means that after the lockdown, we will return into a recession that we never came out of in the first place.

What happens during a recession?

People can't spend, production is disturbed, organizations downsize (jobs will be lost) and the lucky ones may have to take a pay cut.

Should you be afraid? No, you shouldn't if you prepare yourself for what is coming.

First COVID-19, as it happened, has changed how we work already, we are just waiting for it to be over then things will manifest. Businesses will embrace remote work settings more because they have seen now that it is doable. This means that skills like Digital Marketing, Coding and a number of other skills will come in mainstream demand.

That is why I am here to teach you Digital Marketing.

I have 6 years of experience working as a Digital Marketer. 4 out of those 6 years were spent working for one of the foremost IT companies in Nigeria. I also worked on freelance bases for another big IT establishment for their Ghanian branch.

So when I say, Digital Marketing, I know what I am talking about.

Digital Marketing has evolved a lot and I evolved with it. I learn web design because it has also become a part of digital marketing.

SO LET'S GET STARTED

Digital Marketing is all forms of marketing that use an electronic device and the internet to promote products and services. It includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Google Analytics, Digital Advertising, Mobile Marketing, and Content Marketing. Today, even Web Design and Copy Writing are gradually been included in the list of skills you need to possess as a digital marketer because email marketing requires that you know how to set up landing pages.

Watch this thread and in the next, I will take these subsets and try to break them down one by one.

Wanna talk to me - 0703 007 3822 (WhatsApp only)
Re: Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch by smarthken(m): 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
i am interested
Re: Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch by YungLasaint(m): 11:16am On Apr 16, 2020
Following...
Re: Learn Digital Marketing From Scratch by SamOnaivi: 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Let's get started with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

Search Engine Optimization is the process of making a web page visible on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.

But how those this even happen?

I mean how do web pages come to be visible on a search engine.

Think of it as you live in a street of about fifty housing. Each house has a bust bin placed just by the gate. Every Wednesday, waste management drives into the street from house to house collecting waste.

After collecting all the waste, they take them to a central location. Maybe a dump site and empty everything there.

Search engines work in the exact same way.

Every now and then a robot crawls from website to website picking up content that matches specific algorithms, then it collects all of these different content and indexes them on this bigger website called search engine so that every time you remember that you had like to get a tattoo just like me but do not know where to get it done, and you go on a search engine, say Google and search for a phrase like; “tattoo saloon in Lagos”, google returns to all those results it had gathered from all those many websites that meet its criteria and pulls up pages of results on your screen.
Now that phrase you searched for “tattoo saloons in Lagos” is called KEYWORDS. You need to get used to that word because in talking about SEO, you will hear it a lot.

You will also hear terms like SERP (Search Engine Result Page), Domain Authority, Keyword Difficulty, Backlinks, Trends, and a few less used terminologies. You must be wondering what each of those mean, worry not, you will learn them as we go deeper.

In pidgin English, a keyword is a word or phrase that users (me and you) search for on search engines. Ouch, I still did it in America English.

There are three types of keywords; long-tail keyword, short tail key, and localized keyword.

smiley A long-tail keyword is a keyword that contains more than two words. Something like "content writing ideas".

smiley A short tail keyword, on the other hand, are those keywords that contain two words or less. Something like "content".

smiley Local or localized keywords are keywords that are location specific, like "the best blogger in Lagos". The fact that you mentioned Lagos makes that it becomes a local keyword because your search is specific to a location. Somebody said, "hotels in Santorini". Well, that passed too.

Next, we will look at some of the reasons why SEO is important

(1) (Reply)

Ankara Face Mask Available. / COVID-19: Rosabon Announces N6M Collateral-free Loan For Civil Servants / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.