Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly (924 Views)

This Skin Infection Is Killing My Joy Everyday / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Khal is a year and 1 month old as at now and he has never been sick... Not even a day losing appetite

On Easter Sunday, Khal began to sleep all through. I initially thought it was due to him being too full from all the food he got to eat and the bones... Next day, he began to vomit.. That was when I began to fear.

The next day, we drove him to the vet and he just asked us to get flagyl, the 250mg and deworm him. We did all that and Khal threw everything up. The vet was so laid back that we had to look for another vet. The dog breeder's vet.

When the vet came, he gave him three quick injections and diagnosed him of Parvo enteritis. We couldn't drip him since it was night.... That night, he started to stool blood. It was brown and stank worse than anything

So, today, this morning, he came around and dripped Khal in his cage... Two drips and one metro in the morning along with series of injections.. This evening, he was looking really better, still dehydrated but he looked lively only for him to stand up, stool about half a teacup of blood, urinated and vomited again. The vomit contained blood too and immediately became weak again

We had to call the vet again and he's rushed here... He's taking another drip now with additions into his drip.

People that have gone through this, please, how were you able to help?? I'm very confused and heartbroken. I don't know what else to do. I've scourged the Internet for testimonies of dog owners who treated their dogs back to good health despite the dog getting ill to this extent. I need to know know if there's a fighting chance against this virus cry

Mynd44, seun, lakasticlala

1 Like

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Mariangeles(f): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
I can't seem to understand how humans can invest so much emotions in an animal, especially a dog undecided
What can I say...? Get well soon for your master Khal Drogo
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mariangeles:
I can't seem to understand how humans can invest so much emotions in an animal, especially a dog undecided

First of all.. Tbh.. I love Khal more than I love some people... Reason is.. Over time, none of my dogs have betrayed me.. But I bet you would.
Thank you for the wish... Regards to whatever you make your master

8 Likes

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Eife(m): 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Khal get well soon.

2 Likes

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Mariangeles(f): 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
NevetsIbot:

First of all.. Tbh.. I love Khal more than I love some people... Reason is.. Over time, none of my dogs have betrayed me.. But I bet you would.
Thank you for the wish... Regards to whatever you make your master

I'm not saying your dog is your master, I was referring to the dog when I said "get well soon for your master"
Sorry if I came off as insensitive... I once knew a boy who loved his dog so much, he cried so much when he noticed his dog limping...reason I said I typed that I can't seem to understand the emotional attachment
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Raylight2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mariangeles:
If you've never had one, you really won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by veave(f): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sorry dear, I don't know much about dogs but I sympathize with you. How is he feeling now?
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by uboma(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mariangeles:

You will never understand the love we have for our dogs.

1 Like

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by uboma(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Khal get well soon
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
veave:
Sorry dear, I don't know much about dogs but I sympathize with you. How is he feeling now?

Still no sign of improvement... Vomited the drugs I gave him an hour ago.
Thank you so much
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Karmaisme(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Should I send my address in case if what i'm thinking happens?
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Mizwisdom(f): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
I experienced similar thing with my Dog. She was throwing up and stooling, this made her to loose a lot of weight in two days. The Vet I called said it was Parvo and that the Dog will die. She refused to take anything so she was very weak. I sat with her, just being there cause she threw up all antibiotics given. My girl fought for her life, at a point I thought she was dead. Gradually she started drinking water mixed with glucose for energy afterwards she started eating again. That's how she recovered

3 Likes

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by MansoryMX(m): 12:44am On Apr 16, 2020
Karmaisme:
Should I send my address in case if what i'm thinking happens?

You wan eat dog suffering from virus abi? You wan add your own China virus, na me go first Denkwes u make we bet?

2 Likes

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 16, 2020
My dogs had parvo at a time too and they survived ... The good thing about it is if your dog survives the disease , he won't get infected again ever by parvo.. But I'll advise you not to treat him in your house or better you should move his cage from the usual position and wash it thoroughly... Parvo is a very dominant virus .. If your dog keeps vomiting around the cage or poos , he will keep contacting the virus over and over even with that treatment involved .... Wash the cage's surroundings regularly with antiseptic and make sure khal doesn't come in contact with his own vomit or poo .... I really pray he survives .. Dogs are everything ..... Also you will spend money if you want your dog to survive...
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Karmaisme(m): 6:34am On Apr 16, 2020
MansoryMX:

You wan eat dog suffering from virus abi? You wan add your own China virus, na me go first Denkwes u make we bet?

Na play I dey play o.
I like that meme.
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
mayorkun101:
My dogs had parvo at a time too and they survived ... The good thing about it is if your dog survives the disease , he won't get infected again ever by parvo.. But I'll advise you not to treat him in your house or better you should move his cage from the usual position and wash it thoroughly... Parvo is a very dominant virus .. If your dog keeps vomiting around the cage or poos , he will keep contacting the virus over and over even with that treatment involved .... Wash the cage's surroundings regularly with antiseptic and make sure khal doesn't come in contact with his own vomit or poo .... I really pray he survives .. Dogs are everything ..... Also you will spend money if you want your dog to survive...

Wow.. That's very encouraging. Thank you.

I think there's a silver lining now. He's on his sixth drip now and I've been making sure he doesn't shake all day. He's now interested in water and even the banana I ate this afternoon... A few days ago, Khal would have shut his Jaws tight and not drink even water. I think his being interested in food is something.

Also, his vomiting has been minimal, still contains blood but smaller now compared to what he used to throw up before.

The vet advised that he should be starved till tomorrow.. Not even water so.. We hope that by tomorrow, we'll be able to introduce little amounts of pap to him.

Can you tell me possible signs to look out for to know if he's recovering?

1 Like

Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I experienced similar thing with my Dog. She was throwing up and stooling, this made her to loose a lot of weight in two days. The Vet I called said it was Parvo and that the Dog will die. She refused to take anything so she was very weak. I sat with her, just being there cause she threw up all antibiotics given. My girl fought for her life, at a point I thought she was dead. Gradually she started drinking water mixed with glucose for energy afterwards she started eating again. That's how she recovered

Wow. Awesome.. Can I please know more details? Did her stool contain blood??
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2020
Wow.. That's very encouraging. Thank you.

I think there's a silver lining now. He's on his sixth drip now and I've been making sure he doesn't shake all day. He's now interested in water and even the banana I ate this afternoon... A few days ago, Khal would have shut his Jaws tight and not drink even water. I think his being interested in food is something.

Also, his vomiting has been minimal, still contains blood but smaller now compared to what he used to throw up before.

The vet advised that he should be starved till tomorrow.. Not even water so.. We hope that by tomorrow, we'll be able to introduce little amounts of pap to him.

Can you tell me possible signs to look out for to know if he's recovering?

Sorry i couldn't visit my dogs when they were sick cause i took them to my vet's place and that wasn't close to where i live... So i can't tell you how your dog will behave if he's getting better ...
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by OKOATA(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
Did your dog survive bro? same thing killed my Boerboel but the mistake I made was I should have given him glucose all through the sickness, the glucose helps them to fight for their live.
Re: Help. Parvo Virus Is Killing My Rottweiler Slowly by NevetsIbot(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
OKOATA:
Did your dog survive bro? same thing killed my Boerboel but the mistake I made was I should have given him glucose all through the sickness, the glucose helps them to fight for their live.

Yes. He actually did. Fully recovered now but it took him more than a months to get fully in shape. He was at the point of no return.. I'm just glad he made it.

Special thanks to the vet who spent his time with Khal.. 12 drips.. But he didn't eat anything for a week and a few days all that sustained him really was a bit of guclose.

So sorry about your boerbull man. I can imagine how it must have hurt.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Wood..NPT, Early Morning Erection,it's Important For Men / Doctors Worried Over Disease Of Civilization / Your Health Is your Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.