Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

God Cannot Kill - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Cannot Kill (3258 Views)

My Testimony: What GOD Cannot Do, Does Not Exist / What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist! / You Cannot Kill Corruption Where Disorder Exists – Pastor Ashimolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Before then God only promised Abraham that it's his son that will inherit the lineage of Christ, Abraham thought since he had Ishmael it's OK but God told Abraham

"The promise belongs to Isaac (the son from his legal and faithful wife)" Genesis 17:18-21

Isaac also had two sons (Esau and Jacob) but Esau despised the heritage {Genesis 25:29-34} so Jacob took it from him!

Jacob had 12 sons, the first (Reuben) slept with his father's concubine {Genesis 49:3-4} the second and third (Simeon and Levi) killed all the inhabitants of a whole town because of their sister was raped {Genesis 34:25} so they both lost the right to be the ancestor of Christ! Genesis 49:5-7

So Jacob blessed Judah his fourth son and declared that the Christ will come from his lineage {Genesis 49:8-12} that's how Jesus became "the Lion of the tribe of Judah" till today {Revelations 5:5} because Jesus came through the lineage of Judah! Matthew 1:2-3; Luke 3:33

All these history wasn't hidden from the children of Israel!

Please tell me what do you think all the angels awaiting the arrival of Jesus Christ {Luke 2:13-14} will do to whoever tries in anyway to disregard that heritage afterwards? embarassed

God bless you! smiley

I only meant that his kids were weird, like first son was killed, second was killed and he was scared for the third one although young then. Good thing not all of them were killed. hence, your detailed response. I was wondering if Isaac is Abraham's lineage, since I read the above.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 06, 2020
K254725:

Are you sure? grin

And this cool

20:19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. Exodus

My friend, God spoke with Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob even wrestle with an angel representing God and Moses. All these people are human, so it's the wickedness in their hearts that's made them alienate themselves from the God of their forefathers.
When some began behaving like prophets and prophesying like Moses he said

"i'll be the happiest man in earth of all the Israelites could speak and hear from Jehovah like me" Numbers 11:26-29

So just like most Churchgoers today, instead of studying God's word to know it's practical application, they prefer choosing someone to do all that for them, so that one will be the person telling them what to do, so you'll hear them say "i'll go and ask my Pastor" wink

1 Like

Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On May 06, 2020
Technically, the @Poster is right, only I am yet to see him cohesively argue his claim.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:09pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Technically, the @Poster is right, only I am yet to see him cohesively argue his claim.
If you check out Num 15:32-41, I'm not really sure who commanded them to but, that passage is weird and can make you cry. LoL
Re: God Cannot Kill by ublight: 9:13pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

i am not a technician Sir. Lols
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
If you check out Num 15:32-41, I'm not really sure who commanded them to but, that passage is weird and can make you cry. LoL
Well, regardless of who gave the command that time, and every other time noted in the bible, it does not diminish what the @Poster is suggesting. Like I said he is technically right.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:21pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Well, regardless of who gave the command that time, and every other time noted in the bible, it does not diminish what the @Poster is suggesting. Like I said he is technically right.
She could be technically right based on her suggestion, maybe such act could be justified, doesn't count or something. So I guess she's right smiley
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

The Israelites were slaves in the land of Egypt when this God brought them out without a military force, they promised to live by all his commandments and for your information it wasn't someone who never knew the time all these happened, in fact it was a grown up man who definitely was amongst the assembly that came out of Egypt!

Please judge for yourselves what do you think should be done to a member of the Senate who signed a bill into law so that such a law is binding on all Nigerians and our yet unborn generations, but deliberately broke the same law he himself signed?

Do you think he should be spared from facing the wrath of the law when others who never sat in the NASS during the signing of that law do suffer the same penalty?

Well that's what is killing Nigeria till today, because those who makes the laws are the ones to first disregard it! undecided
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:28pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

The Israelites were slaves in the land of Egypt when this God brought them out without a military force, they promised to live by all his commandments and for your information it wasn't someone who never knew the time all these happened, in fact it was a grown up man who definitely was amongst the assembly that came out of Egypt!

Please judge for yourselves what do you think should be done to a member of the Senate who signed a bill into law so that such a law is binding on all Nigerians and our yet unborn generations, but deliberately broke the same law he himself signed?

Do you think he should be spared from facing the wrath of the law when others who never sat in the NASS during the signing of that law do suffer the same penalty?

Well that's what is killing Nigeria till today, because those who makes the laws are the ones to first disregard it! undecided
I'm not really sure how that explains it but, he was gathering sticks and then the God commanded them to kill him. Kind of like feel pity for him/forgive him. God led them outta Egypt and it's good to obey him, I mean they could have all be suffering or dead if they had been staying in Egypt then.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I'm not really sure how that explains it but, he was gathering sticks and then the God commanded them to kill him. Kind of like feel pity for him/forgive him. God led them outta Egypt and it's good to obey him, I mean they could have all be suffering or dead if they had been staying in Egypt then.

Well the man broke one of the TEN commandments God gave them! Exodus 20:8-11

God actually gave them some 600 laws but he purposely wrote 10 with his own fingers, this means even if it's a toddler or foreigner that comes into their midst, these are the first rules he/she must memorise!

So if one of them (a grown up man) now disregard/violate the laws how do you expect a little child or foreigner to take it serious? undecided
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
She could be technically right based on her suggestion, maybe such act could be justified, doesn't count or something. So I guess she's right smiley
God cannot in fact be accused of killing in anyway or form because the very rules of killing apply to the created and not the creator, if you get what I mean.
Imagine you had the power to built for yourself your own universe, subject to rules and laws that you make to guard the every actions of the entities you create, are you also subject to those same rules and laws? Not really. You are considered to be above them, hence you ought not be judged by them in a sense.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

God actually gave them some 600 laws but he purposely wrote 10 with his own fingers, this means even if it's a toddler or foreigner that comes into their midst, these are the first rules he/she must memorise!

So if one of them (a grown up man) now disregard/violate the laws how do you expect a little child or foreigner to take it serious? undecided

Foreigners had only 4 rules to abide by, even in the old testament. The 613 statutes applied to the descendants of Israel, according to the entries in the books.

1 Like

Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

You have to understand the contract the people signed with their God was that they would OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. It was not for them to judge their God, but simply to OBEY HIS EVERY COMMANDS. So in that case, they had to OBEY HIM too, if that was what their God commanded of them.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Foreigners had only 4 rules to abide by, even in the old testament. The 613 statutes applied to the descendants of Israel, according to the entries in the books.

Well the offender was one of them!
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

There are people still doing lots of things on a Sabbath day, even Jesus knew this especially when the Pharisees try to trap him when they knew he cured someone on that day, however he forgives. Well the man sinned yes, I feel there is nothing wrong in forgiving him as he didn't hurt anyone I think.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God cannot in fact be accused of killing in anyway or form because the very rules of killing apply to the created and not the creator, if you get what I mean.
Imagine you had the power to built for yourself your own universe, subject to rules and laws that you make to guard the every actions of the entities you create, are you also subject to those same rules and laws? Not really. You are considered to be above them, hence you ought not be judged by them in a sense.
That's why I said it either it doesn't count or could be justified. We are all his works and he can do whatever he wants.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You have to understand the contract the people signed with their God was that they would OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. It was not for them to judge their God, but simply to OBEY HIS EVERY COMMANDS. So in that case, they had to OBEY HIM too, if that was what their God commanded of them.
Okay good, I was just trying to confirm who commanded to kill.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
There are people still doing lots of things on a Sabbath day, even Jesus knew this especially when the Pharisees try to trap him when they knew he cured someone on that day, however he forgives. Well the man sinned yes, I feel there is nothing wrong in forgiving him as he didn't hurt anyone I think.

It was a totally different setting Sir!

A covenant has just been sealed newly so no despiser should be spared.

Jesus came to establish another covenant which differs from the first, so he is not here to continue with the old, but take note that a couple died the same day because they disregarded the new covenant!

So it's the same thing Sir, the only difference now is God ordered them to carry out the judgment and remove the evildoer from their midst but in the new covenant it was angels that carried out the instant judgment!

Some years back an elder (ordained minister amongst Jehovah's Witnesses) was struck by the angel of God during the yearly observance of our Lord's memorial! embarassed

Nobody would have known what happened if not for his lady friend (interested person) who shouted "i warned him not to do it today but he will not listen!"
It was later discovered that this man has been committing adultery with the lady for a long time and can you imagine that on the very day when all Jehovah's Witnesses believed angels (sent by Jesus) will be around to monitor a yearly program, he took this woman to a guest house and had sex with her, even though he has taught the woman the importance of our Lord's memorial! undecided

So there was no doubt that very day that it was an angel that struck him dead because he was one of the officiating minister during the event, so the angel struck him when he mount the platform! embarassed
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
There are people still doing lots of things on a Sabbath day, even Jesus knew this especially when the Pharisees try to trap him when they knew he cured someone on that day, however he forgives.
Israel had long abandoned the deal they had with God by the time the Pharisees came into the picture. When Jesus came to introduce them to the new covenant(second religion), all they had was rules and laws that were traditions which had little or nothing to do with God.
Stephenmoka4:

Well the man sinned yes, I feel there is nothing wrong in forgiving him as he didn't hurt anyone I think.
Remember, the old contract God signed with His people Israel had to do with them OBEYING HIM. There individual opinions mattered for nothing as far as that was concerned. God required them to kill the man and it was there duty to OBEY and that was that.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus came to establish another covenant which differs from the first, so he is not here to continue with the old, but take note that a couple died the same day because they disregarded the new covenant!

So it's the same thing Sir, the only difference now is God ordered them to carry out the judgment and remove the evildoer from their midst but in the new covenant it was angels that carried out the instant judgment!

Some years back an elder (ordained minister amongst Jehovah's Witnesses) was struck by the angel of God during the yearly observance of our Lord's memorial! embarassed

Nobody would have known what happened if not for his lady friend (interested person) who shouted "i warned him not to do it today but he will not listen!"
It was later discovered that this man has been committing adultery with the lady for a long time and can you imagine that on the very day when all Jehovah's Witnesses believed angels (sent by Jesus) will be around to monitor a yearly program, he took this woman to a guest house and had sex with her, even though he has taught the woman the importance of our Lord's memorial! undecided

So there was no doubt that very day that it was an angel that struck him dead because he was one of the officiating minister during the event, so the angel struck him when he mount the platform! embarassed
Man that JW event is a shock to me sad she could have stopped him, well it had happened
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Israel had long abandoned the deal they had with God by the time the Pharisees came into the picture. When Jesus came to introduce them to the new covenant(second religion), all they had was rules and laws that were traditions which had little or nothing to do with God.

Remember, the old contract God signed with His people Israel had to do with them OBEYING HIM. There individual opinions mattered for nothing as far as that was concerned. God required them to kill the man and it was there duty to OBEY and that was that.
That's not the only event but, certainly I can say God commanded them to murder the man. There are many more but, I don't know if it should be counted as kill since God made us, so he can do as he wishes.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
That's not the only event but, certainly I can say God commanded them to murder the man. There are many more but, I don't know if it should be counted as kill since God made us, so he can do as he wishes.

The Law "Thou shall not kill" refers to a person maliciously (or otherwise) denying another the right to life. So, God may have commanded it, but who carried it out, God? And who will stand to judge Him? You? Me? Or the person(s) commanded to carry out the killing in question? grin
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Man that JW event is a shock to me sad she could have stopped him, well it had happened

She is now a baptised member, she said that's the first time she will witness divine judgment, and she will never forget it but she will tell her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren NOT to despise Jehovah's arrangement! embarassed
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Please when it comes to matter of life, God subjects himself to his own words!

Take for example, when he wanted to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, he disclosed it to his friend Abraham, please consider the conversation between the two of them as recorded @ Genesis 18:20-33 but pay rapt attention to verse 23-25!

There Abraham said to God

"I know you that it's unthinkable for you to destroy the righteous along with the wicked"

So in other words, Abraham is saying God can't kill good people!

Therefore whenever any event strikes killing people indiscriminately, know that it's not as a result of God's judgment! James 1:13 smiley
Re: God Cannot Kill by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On May 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Or the man could have simply died of a heart attack, but we will never know, will we cause the folks chose to believe an angel was to blame for the man's untimely demise. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided sad sad sad
By the way, was it THE angel of death that did it or just some angel? The "adulterous" woman saw this angel too??
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:32am On May 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The Law "Thou shall not kill" refers to a person maliciously (or otherwise) denying another the right to life. So, God may have commanded it, but who carried it out, God? And who will stand to judge Him? You? Me? Or the person(s) commanded to carry out the killing in question? grin
Like I mentioned, probably that could be justified or doesn't count. When David sent his commander to put Uriah the Hittite an the fiercest part of the battlefield to be killed, the commander or the one who commanded him to do so also take part in the killing. I think prophet Nathan came later to him, David sinned as he took part in a sinful act. Anyways, I don't think that applies to God as he is the one that made the life in them, so...
Yes, we can't judge God, that's far from the picture.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:34am On May 07, 2020
Maximus69:

She is now a baptised member, she said that's the first time she will witness divine judgment, and she will never forget it but she will tell her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren NOT to despise Jehovah's arrangement! embarassed
That's an event of a lifetime. God forgive us all.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:38am On May 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Please when it comes to matter of life, God subjects himself to his own words!

Take for example, when he wanted to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, he disclosed it to his friend Abraham, please consider the conversation between the two of them as recorded @ Genesis 18:20-33 but pay rapt attention to verse 23-25!

There Abraham said to God

"I know you that it's unthinkable for you to destroy the righteous along with the wicked"

So in other words, Abraham is saying God can't kill good people!

Therefore whenever any event strikes killing people indiscriminately, know that it's not as a result of God's judgment! James 1:13 smiley
The main thing there is the righteous ones, I mean in a city like that one good man could save the life of others you know. It is written
1 Samuel 2:6 (KJV)
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth
down to the grave, and bringeth up.
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 6:02am On May 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Or the man could have simply died of a heart attack, but we will never know, will we cause the folks chose to believe an angel was to blame for the man's untimely demise. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided sad sad sad
By the way, was it THE angel of death that did it or just some angel? The "adulterous" woman saw this angel too??

Nobody could say specifically what happened, what we know is that the man mount the platform to deliver a speech in front of God's people, then he slummed and the lady started shouting "i warned him not to do it!" Continuously.

So after the man was taken away, the program continued because Jehovah's worship must not be altered even if it remains just two persons, one must sit while the other officiate!

It was later when the lady kept shivering that our brothers had to take care of her and asked her what happened, then she divulged every hidden thing they've been doing together in secret, so our brothers laid their hands on her, prayed fervently for her and gave her specific guidelines so as not to continue doing the same.

After a careful consideration of how God's spirit dealt with blasphemers in the past {Act 5:1-11;12:21-23} thorough meditation and fervent prayers, they realized that an angel must have struck him dead! embarassed
Re: God Cannot Kill by Nobody: 6:06am On May 07, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
The main thing there is the righteous ones, I mean in a city like that one good man could save the life of others you know. It is written
1 Samuel 2:6 (KJV)
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth
down to the grave, and bringeth up.

It simply means:- trust in God because there is no evil beyond his power, no matter what happens it's because he permitted it!

1 Like

Re: God Cannot Kill by K254725: 7:49am On May 07, 2020
cool cool
Maximus69:

My friend, God spoke with Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob even wrestle with an angel representing God and Moses. All these people are human, so it's the wickedness in their hearts that's made them alienate themselves from the God of their forefathers.
When some began behaving like prophets and prophesying like Moses he said

"i'll be the happiest man in earth of all the Israelites could speak and hear from Jehovah like me" Numbers 11:26-29

So just like most Churchgoers today, instead of studying God's word to know it's practical application, they prefer choosing someone to do all that for them, so that one will be the person telling them what to do, so you'll hear them say "i'll go and ask my Pastor" wink
Re: God Cannot Kill by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2020
Maximus69:

It simply means:- trust in God because there is no evil beyond his power, no matter what happens it's because he permitted it!
If you read the context of the chapter, it shows what God can do and the likes. Even Jesus told us whom to fear, is it the one who can kill the body or the one that will kill both the body and the soul.
Killing there is an attribute of man, in the commandment. If it's use literally, God can kill but, that line will make it sounds sinful, so I think a less offensive term will be God can take back life he has given. If you check page one, there is a compilation of events I copied from someone's post showing records of deaths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Took 65-year Old Wife, By Kumuyi / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.