Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How To Prepare For The Glory Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prepare For The Glory Of God (4143 Views)

Difference Between The Power Of God And The Glory Of God / Hubble Space Telescope Images And The Glory Of GOD - This Is Not A Coincidence / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For The Glory Of God by yommyuk: 6:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Isaiah 40:3-5
A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD ; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
The Glory of the lord is first mentioned in the remarkable and dynamic stories of Exodus. Isaiah mentions the Glory of the Lord to be revealed to all mankind. We need to prepare for the Glory of the Lord by beginning to understand the aspects and concepts of the Glory of the Lord.
The bible spoke of the Glory of God in different forms, therefore, for the purpose of this sermon, I am going to be specific.
DEFINATION OF GLORY
Glory as defined as honor, reputation, dignity or praise. As an endowment of blessing, power and life. Glory can also be spoken of as the heavenly dimension where the magnitude of God’s dwells called heaven.
We can read about this glory in Numbers 14; when the 12 spies had just returned from exploring the Promised Land. Ten spies gave a negative report that the people believed and only two spies, Joshua and Caleb, gave a positive report of conquering the land.

Num 14:10-12
“But the whole community began to talk about stoning Joshua and Caleb. Then the glorious presence of the LORD appeared to all the Israelites from above the Tabernacle. And the LORD said to Moses, "How long will these people reject me? Will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done among them? I will disown them and destroy them with a plague. Then I will make you into a nation far greater and mightier than they are!"
At this point Moses began to intercede for the people asking God to change his mind and forgive the people for their rebellion against divinely appointed authority and their unbelief in God!

Num 14:19-22
“please pardon the sins of this people because of your magnificent, unfailing love, just as you have forgiven them ever since they left Egypt." Then the LORD said, "I will pardon them as you have requested. But as surely as I live, and as surely as the earth is filled with the LORD’s glory, not one of these people will ever enter that land. They have seen my glorious presence and the miraculous signs I performed both in Egypt and in the wilderness, but again and again they tested me by refusing to listen.

Num 14:25
Now turn around and don’t go on toward the land where the Amalekites and Canaanites live. Tomorrow you must set out for the wilderness…
WHAT HAPPENED?
God sent the entire nation of Israel into the wilderness.
PRAYER
MAY OUR SIN NOT MAKE THE LORD SEND US INTO THE WILDERNESS OF LIFE IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME – AMEN!!!
The same voice of the Lord that was crying in the days of prophet Isaiah is a crying out to us, to prepare the way for the Lord. For he shall surely come when least expected. Let us prepare the way of the LORD!!!
WHY DID GOD CHOOSE TO CRY OUT OF THE WILDERNESS? WHY NOT OUT OF THE WATERS, SKY, OR THE CITY?
In order to gain greater understanding of this, let us define WILDERNESS
WHAT IS THE WILDERNESS?
• Place were few people dwell
• A place of aloneness
• Of imposed confinement
• Of personal inconvenience
• Of social ostracization
• Of unfriendly surroundings
• A place where God meets with you
• This is where God gives you a message that is formed from your life happenings and living rather than your church attendance.
In life, we need to establish a place of solace where we must meet with God on a one to one basis. A place where we find complete intimacy with the Lord. John the Baptist, Elijah, Job, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Naomi, David and Paul went through the wilderness of life. Therefore, fret not. You would not be the first or the last to find yourself in the wilderness of life.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE WILDRRNESS
This is a place where God will make his voice the only one you can hear and listen to. God will snuff out all the other voices you listen to. There is a time to read and listen to other voices but in the wilderness you will need to hear directly from God. Then your voice will be anointed so others will hear your cry from the wilderness on God’s behalf. The wilderness is a long hard Journey, never a quick trip across town. You may have many hard experiences while you are in the wilderness. We stay in the wilderness until we are prepared in our spirit to hear the voice of God. At that point we will experience revelation knowledge for our life challenge event. God uses the wilderness to awaken us to the beauty and wonder of God’s ways.
The wilderness is a hard dry place. It is a place where every spiritual human hindrance to God’s Glory is starved out. Devices, methods, and thoughts that are contrary to the will of God in your life are made powerless in the wilderness. A place where you are able to mature spiritually. A place where God via the Holy Spirit is able to work within your heart and make it subject to his divine authority.
Hebrew 3:8
do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Luke 12:34
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

The wilderness becomes a place where you will be able to receive the Lord’s visitation. A place that attracts his glorious presence. Therefore, in order to enable the glorious presence of God into your life, the voice in the wilderness is crying out to you, “ MAKE STRAIGHT IN THE WILDERNESS, A HIGHWAY FOR THE LORD” i.e . “to be straight, right, upright, pleasing and good” in the presence of God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

A bar of steel will go through different processes before it is made into springs for expensive watches. What a drilling the poor bar must undergo to be worth a higher value. But the more it is manipulated, the more it is hammered, and passed through the fire, and beaten and pounded and polished, the greater the value. Those who suffer most are capable of yielding most; and it is through pain that God can get the most out of us.

Is the enemy constantly seeking to twist the straight ways of the Lord in the attempt to hinder the Glory of God in your life?
Acts 13:10-11
Paul said to him"You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time..."
PRAYER
May the Lord of the Heavenly Host; straighten out our path out of the wilderness of life in Jesus mighty name. – Amen !!!!!!!
Isa 40:4 EVERY VALLEY SHALL BE RAISED UP……

To prepare us for the arrival of His Glory, God will fill all the low places of our lives with confidence in Him.

1. The Holy Spirit will rush into our life and fill in our inadequacies, insecurities, and weaknesses.
PRAYER

May every valley of unbelief, fear of failure, and doubting submit to the infilling of the Holy Spirit in our life in Jesus mighty name.
Phil 4:13
“For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.”
Within the body of Christ, there are certain characteristics that have been downgraded.
WHAT ARE THEY?
• Modesty,
• Chastity,
• Inner Beauty
• Willingness to Serve
• Humbleness,
• Giving and sacrificing.
These are the kind of values the Holy Spirit exalts so that every valley shall be raised up!
PRAYER
May those attributes in our life that will give us more value in the presence of God be raised up and given precedence in the body of Christ from henceforth in Jesus mighty name – Amen !!!!!!!

Isa 40: EVERY MOUNTAIN AND HILL MADE LOW………….
Within the body of Christ and our individual life, there are things that have been given more authority.
WHAT ARE THEY?
• Pride
• Personal ambitions
• Self-reliance,
• Rebellion,
• Hype
• Unholy competitiveness,
• Personality driver
• Autocratic leadership styles.
• Demonic strongholds,
• Social mind sets and natural hindrances which stand against the preaching of the gospel.
I call them evil manifestations that have become mountains and hills within the so called body of Christ that needs to be brought low by the power of the right hand of God.
PRAYER
May every high thing that exalts itself against the Holy Spirit and the knowledge of Christ be brought down for God’s Glory to find our hearts. May the fury of God erupt within these high mountains and hills like a volcanic eruption and be brought low in Jesus mighty name.
Isaiah 40:4 THE ROUGH GROUND SHALL BECOME LEVEL…
WHAT ARE THESE ROUGH GROUNDS IN OUR LIFE?
• The places in our understanding and ways of operating that we think are straight but before God they are crooked.
• Sinful secrets we are harboring that no one else but God sees. Hidden moral unethical or slightly dishonest areas
In essence, our crooked ways.
Isaiah 59:8
The way of peace they do not know; there is no justice in their paths. They have turned them into crooked roads; no one who walks along them will know peace.

Proverbs 10:9
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.

For the glory of the lord to come into our life, we must deal with these areas privately in our hearts or God will deal with them publicly in our relationships. Why continue in crooked paths, when we know that we will always be found out. By their fruit, you shall know them. Stay on the right path. Stay in the prefect will of God.

Philippians 2:15
so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky

PRAYER
Wherever our names are mentioned, may we be counted among those that shall shine like the stars in the sky in Jesus mighty name.

Isaiah 40:4 SMOOTH OFF THE ROUGH SPOTS………..

We all have rough areas that need to be smooth out. Are you a little too harsh, demanding or judgmental. to personality and character attributes that are abrasive and counter-productive to the Kingdom. Such as anger, ego, self-justification, argumentativeness. We cannot repent of these personality problems until the Lord shows them to us. We cannot fix them without His help.

This is one reason God strongly insists we relate closely to each other through the body of Christ. When you come into contact with others in the church:
• Our lives are thrown against theirs.
• Friction takes place.
• Sparks fly.
• The tongues of believers become swollen and sore because we have to bit our tongue to keep our cool.

Proverbs 27:17
“As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.”

Please understand that a smooth place for us is usually bumpy for God and what is a bumpy place for us is often a smooth place for God.

Does your current spiritual situation or environment seem a little bit chaotic?

Are you in the spiritual wilderness right now?

Is God reaching out to build you up and encourage you for ministry?

Are you now being leveled off because God is taking down the high places?

Is God working on your personality so not to be so harsh with others?

God is about to send you into the wilderness

TO DO WHAT?

• To prepare your voice
• Prepare the way for the LORD
• To make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God
• I am that I am is about to make every valley in your life raise up
• To make every mountain and hill low, the rough ground to become level, and the rugged places a plain.

The Glory of God is about to be revealed in you. He is about to invade your life. But, it is up to you to prepare the highway that the Lord will pass through.

Fret not, The Lord is always true to his promise. It shall be well in Jesus Mighty name – Amen !!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AND HAVE A HAPPY SABBATH/ SERVICE DAY
Re: How To Prepare For The Glory Of God by prof800(m): 6:37am On Sep 29, 2013
Isaiah 40:3-5 A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD ; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it."
HALLELUYAH!
Re: How To Prepare For The Glory Of God by yommyuk: 3:07am On Sep 30, 2013
prof800: Isaiah 40:3-5 A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD ; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it."
HALLELUYAH!

HALLELUYAH wink
Re: How To Prepare For The Glory Of God by yommyuk: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
wink

(1) (Reply)

Can You Pray In Your Local Dialect? / The False Promise Of The Prosperity Gospel: Why I Called Joel Osteen And Joyce / The Loveworld Festival Of Music & Arts #LFMA2017 [AMAZING PICTURE GALLERY]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.