Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos (799 Views)

60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos / Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by adebuk47(m): 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
A 51-year-old medical doctor on Wednesday became the first health worker in Nigeria to die of COVID-19 after contracting the virus from a patient he had treated.

The doctor, who died at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, was rushed to the facility on Monday after attempting to manage a COVID-19 patient in a private hospital in Lagos.

The Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee of the hospital, Prof Wasiu Adeyemo, said the doctor was not a staff of the hospital but was rushed to the facility after he showed symptoms of the disease.

“The doctor is not a LUTH staff; he was a private practitioner, though he trained in LUTH some 18, 20 years ago. I remember I met him, I know him, he left LUTH around 2002. One of his classmates called me that he has some issues in his private hospital, so I asked that he should be brought to LUTH. He was COVID-19 positive, we started him on drugs but unfortunately, he died this morning (Wednesday),” Adeyemo said.

The LUTH CMAC said he would not disclose the name of the doctor and his hospital, saying it is against the ethics of the medical profession.

READ MORE>>>
https://naijabestforum.com/216/breaking-doctor-treating-covid-19-patient-dies-in-lagos

Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by tydi(m): 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
Motor don jam egungun
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by 2special(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by mdan(m): 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rest in peace doc......
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Passionate888: 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rest In Peace
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by seunlayi(m): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
And this thing is becoming messier due to the stupi dity of some Nigerians
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by sathel(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-2P41lFCd_/?igshid=1oxl18a7t5heb

Please watch the video and comment
"I vote for @queen_eyeren
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by lilyheaven: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rest In Peace Doctor, you died doing the noble duty
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Was he not putting on the necessary gears for ds virus treatment? Anyway RIP to him but at ds junction, all medical personnels should gear up no matter whether your clinic is licenced or not because you dont know who dey carry come your domot for treatment

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Powerbankseller(m): 12:11am On Apr 16, 2020
The LUTH CMAC said he would not disclose the name of the doctor and his hospital, saying it is against the ethics of the medical profession.

now, we leaked the name?
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by aaking(m): 12:42am On Apr 16, 2020
Just imagine nobody de die again for Nigeria. If you just sick go general Hospital dem go tag am say na Coronavirus, if anybody die na Coronavirus
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by fearless247: 12:47am On Apr 16, 2020
This is getting serious.
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 16, 2020
Condolences to the Doctor 'a Family...

Many have gone in this seasons.
Dr's
politicians,
Leaders
Rich
Poor

There is really no big deal about it!

The Big deal is where Next?

It's time for us to tell ourselves the Truth!

It's time to prepare ourselves for Eternity!

Make Peace with JESUS CHRIST and be sure of Eternal Life...
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Heffalump(m): 1:18am On Apr 16, 2020
First, he broke the rule by managing a Covid-19 patient in a private hospital. The Govt is not stupid by allocating a special centre for the management of this dreadful disease in isolation.

Second, he thought it was the case of ordinary flue like cough and catarrh, so he failed to take necessary precautions by providing adequate protection for himself. This is not the time to prove ITK.

Well, it has happened. RIP doc for your sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 16, 2020
Just in case u missed

Death was not reported by ncdc so is either fake news or government cover up........

And this is not the first time we are been trying to cover up deaths nigeria might have the highest cases and deaths in west africa
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by frankputer: 4:32am On Apr 16, 2020
seriously
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by adebuk47(m): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2020
God help us
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Mogajunior(m): 11:01am On Apr 16, 2020
By the time this corona virus is no more, we will be having more women than men in the world population because it has killed more men so far. Then I will be allowed to settle with 3 women. May God help us.
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by adeskee(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Rip doctor
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
This is sad.
May God rest his soul and comfort the family he left behind.
Good night doctor.
Re: BREAKING: Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patient Dies In Lagos by Sheddywiz(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please brothers, friends and well wishers. The times are hard and even harder for those with paused source of income. I just withdrew the last 1k in my account now to buy Garri. Please help a brother with whatever little amount you can spare. May God bless your generosity. God bless. 3126046770 firstbank

(1) (Reply)

COVID19 Ghana Top Nigeria Record / Pharmacist Dies After Drinking Chemical Concotion He Developed To Treat Covid-19 / An Easy Way To Cure Premature Ejaculation And ED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.