Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

The Oracle At Bourdillon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Oracle At Bourdillon (842 Views)

WATCH VIDEO: (the Lion Of Bourdillon) Ait’s Controversial Documentary On Tinubu’ / Soldiers Besiege Tinubu's House At Bourdillon,ikoyi,lagos / Combat Ready Soldiers Mass At Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s House On Bourdillon Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oracle At Bourdillon by riyenews(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2011
For all his sanctimonious pontificating about the popularity of himself and his political party in Nigeria today, the Oracle at Bourdillon was shocked when the ACN lost its seat in the recent Ikrorodu 11 Lagos House of Assembly election. The Oracle did not see it coming. Until the ACN received the rudest shock of its life in the election, the Oracle and his merry band of followers assumed that they had Lagosians in their pocket, free to lead them like sheep anywhere they desired. Lagos had become the personal kingdom of the Oracle at Bourdillon, and why not? He currently owns almost half of the state.

However, it seems the Oracle is no more conversant with one of the principal canons of democracy which is nothing more than the age old aphorism instilled from childhood that what you reap is what you sow. For eleven years, the ACN government in Lagos state sowed bad roads and infrastructure in Ikorodu, neglecting to provide basic social amenities while at the same time criticising other political parties of this very same transgression in other states. When it was harvest time, what came out for the ACN from the polling booths of Ikorodu town was a resounding rejection of this gang of self righteous political and economic opportunists who managed to pull wool over the faces of Lagosians for eleven years, but fortunately, the wool is slowly but surely coming off. Interestingly, none of the so called civil society groups, most of who are mere appendages of the ACN, has made any comment about the election. Their silence has been deafening. Where are the Wole Soyinkas and Tunde Bakares?

However in the characteristic manner of the Oracle at Bourdillon, somebody else had to take the blame for the ACN's defeat, given that the Oracle is supposed to be infallible and above reproach, so his mouthpiece, the ever dutiful lap dog, held a press conference and blamed president Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP for the shellacking of the ACN in Ikorodu.

The Oracle is so called not just for the fun of it. One thing you have to concede to this man is that he is one smart fellow. You cannot be as successful as the Oracle in the game of convincing people that you are not a fox in sheep’s clothing without possessing a bit of cunning. It was no surprise therefore that right after the Ikorodu setback, the Lagos state government, which is currently the core subsidiary of the Oracle’s vast financial empire, swiftly decided to put on hold the tolling of the Lekki expressway by a company with very strong ties to the Oracle at Bourdillon. Although there had been very strong opposition to the tolling on the grounds that the road expansion has not been fully completed and there is no alternate route, the Lagos state government had been adamant that the tolling would commence and the concession company had announced a take off date, thus the late turn around was quite remarkable.

The decision was simply the fallout of the Ikorodu election. It is clear that if tolling had commenced as announced on the Lekki expressway, the electoral chances of the ACN in this year’s elections would plummet further. The Oracle at Bourdillon has craftily concluded and rightly too, that Lagosians may be getting wise to his ways. They may be finally “shining their eyes”. Slowly but surely Lagosians are coming to terms with the fact that the Oracle at Bourdillon’s interests are antithetical to their own, like two parallel lines

However, Lagosians should know that if the ACN wins the forthcoming gubernatorial elections, tolling on the Lekki expressway will commence immediately and their suffering will continue while some people, at N200 per vehicle will be smiling to the bank,

If the defeat of the ACN in Ikorodu is a direct result of the conspicuous dearth of democracy dividends to the people, then the governor of Lagos state, Raji Fashola, of the “eko oni baje’ fame, cannot be excluded from the blame. After all, it happened on his watch. If one accepts the time honoured dictum in political science that the outcome of an election is the barometer by which the effectiveness, or lack of it, of elected officials are measured, then by the result of the election in Ikorodu, Governor Fashola has failed the people of Ikorodu and by extension, Lagosians.

Governor Fashola cannot blame the Oracle at Bourdillon for not giving him a free hand in the administration of Lagos state as some people have claimed in his defence. That is a specious apology, but if indeed it is true, then Fashola has no business being governor of Lagos state. Fashola should free himself of the Oracle and start acting truly like the governor of all of Lagosians, or resign and go back to his legal career, because Lagosians can no longer tolerate a situation where their governor continues to be dangled like a puppet by a man of dubious antecedents to the detriment of the people.
Re: The Oracle At Bourdillon by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2011
The Oracle has poor vision seeing that one of his eyes is smokey with wee wee grin Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has pocketed ACN Lagos, unfortunately he is also a stingy retard who cannot allow his followers to prosper from his leadership. 8years of retardation of ACN Lagos
Re: The Oracle At Bourdillon by Lagosboy: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
I have to say the write up is spot on and in as much as i would prefer AC to the PDP 100 times more , the danger of ACN is the benefactor himself which is Tinubu.

There is no internal democracy in Lagos AC and it is whoever he picks that becomes what. This kind of attitidue is not sustainable and it is the reason the PDP is about to implode. With time people would get fed and every leader has his time. When Mobolajo Johnson used to call the shots in lagos no one else could, there was a time nothing could happen in Lagos with LKJ Jakande, There was a time it was Adesanya deciding and now it is Tinubu but it would not be for long.

It is only a matter of time before the shepard comes out to lead his flock to the promised land God willing.
Re: The Oracle At Bourdillon by okeymadu(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
The Oracle, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a good man, when compared with other politicians of his time, is faultless. YES YOU HEARD ME FAULTLESS!
Come to think of it he did not rig the election the way the sponsors of the OP would have done.
Guess what? He allowed the people to have their say through the ballot box. And thank God, we all understood the message, Ikorodu people want better and more government presence in their location. They want their roads tarred, their school rehabilitated and action on the proposed fourth mainland bridge

I trust BRF. He listens and I know that he will start working on their demands.

This is the sweetness of democracy.

@OP. How much did you make from that write-up? Let me tell you we are wise, infact, very wife. We don't fall for such crap of pull him down journalism anymore.
Maybe you forgot that Lagosian have a way to draw government attention thru elections as against using bombs and thugs - A hallmark of your sponsors.

Abeg go sleep

BRF 2011 ACN.
Re: The Oracle At Bourdillon by Lagosboy: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
okeymadu:

The Oracle, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a good man, when compared with other politicians of his time, is faultless. YES YOU HEARD ME FAULTLESS! Come to think of it he did not rig the election the way the sponsors of the OP would have done.
Guess what? He allowed the people to have their say through the ballot box. And thank God, we all understood the message, Ikorodu people want better and more government presence in their location. They want their roads tarred, their school rehabilitated and action on the proposed fourth mainland bridge

I trust BRF. He listens and I know that he will start working on their demands.

This is the sweetness of democracy.

@OP. How much did you make from that write-up? Let me tell you we are wise, infact, very wife. We don't fall for such crap of pull him down journalism anymore.
Maybe you forgot that Lagosian have a way to draw government attention thru elections as against using bombs and thugs - A hallmark of your sponsors.

Abeg go sleep

BRF 2011 ACN.

Gentleman, no one is faultless in this world and worse still a nigerian politician. even the BRF you support would not say Tinubu is faultless. Never accuse someone who wrote a vaild write up as being sponsored, we should learn to engage in a debate and tolerate dissenting views without accusing the other party of being sponsored.
Re: The Oracle At Bourdillon by okeymadu(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
Gentleman, no one is faultless in this world and worse still a nigerian politician. even the BRF you support would not say Tinubu is faultless. Never accuse someone who wrote a vaild write up as being sponsored, we should learn to engage in a debate and tolerate dissenting views without accusing the other party of being sponsored.
@Lagosboy You know what? I expected that you would take time to understand the dynamics of our political terrain.
Now, come to think of these. Despite the acculturation in Lagos and it peculiar mix of tribes, how many times have you heard of, or seen tribal wars from the time of the Oracle to now?
How many times have the opposition been harrased to silence and politically motivated killings reported?

Now gentleman, as much as I care, politically speaking, I reiterate that the Oracle is spotless.
You might want to give me instances to the contrary.

On the write-up, I affirm that it was sponsored and the writer came on-board this site for propaganda. As a result, we need to take him up full time.

Not to forget, the Oracle just endorsed BRF for a second time!

(1) (Reply)

Gej Kneeling Down / Degree Of Corruption :i Dress Like A Lady To Deceive Men, Says Arrested Teenager / Seems Nigerians Just Never Learn. . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.