Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? (695 Views)

How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account / GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by Olayinka777(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Good morning folks, I have a small business & I provided free WiFi. We all know the attitude of our people they can be so selfish,they just come around and before u know it the data on the mifi is exhausted.

To cut the story short is there any way I can stop them from downloading videos & heavy files?

I just want to limit them to just browsing and nothing more.
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by sexylassie2(f): 9:21am On Apr 16, 2020
set it on your browser, i guess you use chrome
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by Olayinka777(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2020
sexylassie2:
set it on your browser, i guess you use chrome
Yes dearie! How do I go about it pls?
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by sexylassie2(f): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2020
Olayinka777:
Yes dearie! How do I go about it pls?

easier way is this:

select "Internet Options." Click the "Security" tab, then "Custom Level." Scroll down to the "File Download" option and click "Disable." Click "OK," then "Yes" in the confirmation dialog window to disable downloads.
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by Olayinka777(m): 9:32am On Apr 16, 2020
Oh thanks a lot
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by sexylassie2(f): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2020
Olayinka777

the setting above is for internet explorer browser

for chrome:

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-block-downloads-in-google-chrome/
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by sexylassie2(f): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2020
Olayinka777, you have to do it on all computer for chromes

1-Type “Group policy” from the Windows search bar and select “Edit group policy” from the results.
2-Go to “Local Computer Policy and under “Computer Configuration” select “Administrative Templates”. From the “Classic Administrative Templates (ADM)” folder, click the “Google” folder and double click the “Google Chrome” folder from the options from the right-side pane.
3-Select the “Allow download restrictions” option
4-Right-click the template to configure. On the top of the configuration wizard, check the “Enabled” option. Under the “Download Restrictions” heading, click on the down arrow and select “Block all downloads”.
5-Click the “Ok” button.Close the group policy editor and restart your Chrome browser.

Note: If you cannot find the Google policy templates, you will need to download and add the template in your PC.
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by Olayinka777(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2020
sexylassie2:

easier way is this:

select "Internet Options." Click the "Security" tab, then "Custom Level." Scroll down to the "File Download" option and click "Disable." Click "OK," then "Yes" in the confirmation dialog window to disable downloads.
The Mifi device is that of 9mobile. Is the above instructions applicable?
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by sexylassie2(f): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2020
Olayinka777:

The Mifi device is that of 9mobile. Is the above instructions applicable?

yes
Re: How Can I Prevent Customers From Downloading? by Olayinka777(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Thanks so much for your inputs

(1) (Reply)

Screen Printer Needed / Spices Businesss / Spent Ten Years Building My Small Business. Covid-19 Destroyed It In Eight Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.