Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo (276 Views)

Court Remands Anambra Lawyer Who Allegedly Brutalized Her 11-Year-Old Housemaid / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / 2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by YABAGEEKtv: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2020
A staff of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) has cried out after allegedly being brutalized by soldiers of the 32 Artillery Brigade, Owena Cantonment in Akure, Ondo State who were effecting a lockdown order issued by the state government.

The Engineer who disclosed that the incident occurred at Ondo Road where the NTA and the Barracks are located, said all his plea stating he was on his way home from the office fell on deaf ears even after he presented his ID card.

Mr Jide Bello hinted on suing the Nigerian Army and the Ondo State government for the alleged harassment, after subjecting himself to 14 days isolation.

He wrote;

"My unfortunate experience tonight in the hands of Nigerian army along ondo road after the evening news at exactly 1950hrs in the name of curfew declared by Ondo state government led by Mr. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu .

They asked for my identification in which I obliged but education is key in any field we belong, very unfortunate the military man could not understand what I mean by NTA and could not read anything from the I.D card but thank God for a superior officer that later intervened and begged me but am looking out to sue Nigerian army and Oñdo. State government for harassment.

Am hereby subjecting myself to 14days isolation because I don’t know what they might done to my health."

Source; https://www.dollarland.com.ng/2020/04/16/coronavirus-lockdown-nta-staff-allegedly-brutalized-by-soldiers-in-ondo/

Cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by YABAGEEKtv: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by botrix(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Nigeria!,where illiterates rule over the literates
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by BIDOO(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Good day everyone, please I'm using this medium to solicit for financial help from any caregiver , I don't know that it will eventually leads to this but all my effort so far has defy any meaningful outcome and I'm left with no other option than to seek for financial assistance on a platform like this because nobody seems to care in this environ ! I'm a student in one of the state institution in Nigeria, As at the time federal government ordered closure of all schools across the country, the money I had with me cannot take me home and mind you calling home will add more salt to my injury because I am sole sponsor of myself, so I decide to stay back hoping within a week or two schools will resume back and I will continue with my academic hustle (I do earn little from taking tutorial and this is how I've being surviving coupled with few menial job at weekend)
But all hope were dashed When a lock down was announced for the first time! No menial job to support myself again, all my friends already out of school area, I was left with the people of the soil and that began the real struggle, now that another two weeks was added it seems my own world is crumbling before me! Reason why I come to this platform to seek for financial assistance Please dear nairalander no amount is too small help me with any amount and I pray God will reward you as you do so.
My details is 3060037742 first bank.
Please this is not a scam,
You can mention me and I will provide you with all the necessary information with evidence to confirm truly that I'm a student if need arise. Thanks
Please overlook if there is any grammatical blunder
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2020
So military don dey recruit stack illiterate ?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by YABAGEEKtv: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Naughtysite:
So military don dey recruit stack illiterate ?
I wonder o
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: NTA Staff Allegedly Brutalized By Soldiers In Ondo by AudioNews(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ajayi Soldiers at it again,
Na Soldier Ajayi handwork, de don Release him already after Sapele Shot,

He Resume work Immediately

(1) (Reply)

CEO Of Star Shawarma Was Arrested By EFCC Officials Over N1600. (photos) / French Academic Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment In Iran / Must Read!!! How To Open A Successful Paypal Account In Nigeria (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.