Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient (371 Views)

Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / Abuja COVID-19 Relief Fund: ACCF Calls For Support From Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by Kwanza: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
A patient quarantined at the Abuja Isolation Centre says she has not received any form of treatment since April 2 when she was moved to the facility.

The patient, identified as Susan Idoko, had been brought to the Abuja Isolation Centre from Benue State after she was said to have tested positive for coronavirus, The PUNCH reports.

But speaking on a telephone interview on Channels Television on Thursday morning, the UK-returnee said she is not feeling sick.

Idoko, who came into the country from London on March 22 for her mother’s burial, said she wants to return to her family in the UK.

The interviewer had said the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, said she tested positive for coronavirus but the indigene of Benue retorted, “That is a lie. I came from London on the 22nd of March.

“The hospital told me that because I am coming from a high-risk area, the standard procedure was for them to call the state ministry of health. And innocently, I said, yes, come and run a test on me.

“The photocopies of the result were brought to me because I told the minister of health that if I don’t get the result, nobody does another on me, I am not going to accept it.

“I was transferred from Makurdi on the 2nd of April.

“They did one (test) in Makurdi and another one in Abuja on the 10th of April.

“From Makurdi to this place, I have not taken a dose of panadol or any drug or treatment.

“From the past 22 days, apart from when I went to the private hospital in Makurdi, where I was given analgesics for pain relieve, I have not taken a panadol from anybody both in Benue State Isolation Centre and here in Abuja Isolation Centre.

“I am just inside my room; I am not allowed to come out. If I peep outside my room, they will tell me. ‘Madam, go inside, go inside’.

“The doctors come every day to ask for my welfare though. On April 3rd, the doctors said they suggest I take malaria treatment because I was coming from a place where there is no malaria and in Nigeria, there is malaria. I said I thought they brought me here for COVID-19, why malaria now?

“The following day, another doctor came in and said, ‘we are going to treat you for mild symptoms’. I said, what’s mild symptoms? My vital signs are okay. My breathing is okay, I don’t have a temperature. So, what are you treating me for?

“I am not sick. I am healthy here. I want to get out. I came for my mom’s burial but because of the lockdown, it’s been postponed. If the burial is not holding, let me go and meet my children in London, I am not sick.”
https://punchng.com/ive-not-received-any-treatment-says-abuja-covid-19-patient/
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by Olunmercy56(f): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
cry angry Upon all the nonsense numbers given out sad
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by bmdmixer: 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
soon dey discharge her n health minister will add her among those who recovered

download and watch
Mortal Kombat Legends Scorpions Revenge

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1461

Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by tayebest(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anything to chase the clout.

mtcheew sad
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by tayebest(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
People living with this virus always think they are healthy until reality strike them.
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by babyfaceafrica: 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2020
Audio Covid-19.. God help us
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by Romanoff(f): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
It is possible to be positive and asymptomatic. The treatment given are for symptoms.

Stories like this really buttresses the claim that it is malaria the NCDC is treating on these isolates patients and it is really bad for all of us. People won't take this virus seriously with stories like this and it will increase the spread of the virus.
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by money121(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
bmdmixer:
soon dey discharge her n health minister will add her among those who recovered

download and watch
Mortal Kombat Legends Scorpions Revenge

http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1461

Stop believing every trash you hear from people, especially if they are Nigerians in Nigeria. Nigerians are very arrogant and exaggerative in their description of things.
She wouldn't utter such trash if she quarantined in a toilet with no attendant in the UK.
And she wouldn't talk arrogantly to the UK health minister/secretary in that manner.
Abroad, Nigerians become humble, but are lords in Nigeria.
Re: I’ve Not Received Any Treatment, Says Abuja COVID-19 Patient by Amhappy(f): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
I have followed this woman's story. It may be a false positive or she's asymptomatic, Whatever the case how will she go back to her children since no commercial flights. I think whatever the case,she should kindly take the second test and go her way.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pregnant Health Worker Tests Positive In Ekiti / 7 Key Habits You Must Break If You Want To Last Longer In Bed With Woman / Heavy Traffic On Third Mainland Bridge After 70 New Infections (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.