Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 (328 Views)

What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by Psalms5522: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
In the previous article I was trying to outline what in my opinion was fueling the rise of atheism. If you’ve not read the article please see the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5783753/what-fueling-rise-atheism

Since the last article I have really been thinking hard about these questions
1) Is religion really the problem?
2) Is atheism the better option
3) Are we missing the human factor?

All through the centuries of humans ruling over his Fellow humans , the pages of history has been littered with the blood of countless millions of innocent men women and children who were not murdered by animals, but by people of their own species (Humans). Slavery has been carried out for centuries and many many many people are victims of Slavery by Fellow humans.

People who Identify as religionists have committed attrosities and blood shed in the name of religion examples are the spanish inquisitions, the jihads and other religious motivated killings, also people who Identify to be irreligious or as atheist have also been guilty of mass bloodshed in an effort to enforce atheism for example thousands were killed and thousands more were subjected to force exile by Joseph sterlin in the soviet era, or the millions who perished during the khmer rouge led by Pol Pot of Cambodia, the cultural revolution led by Mao Zendong in China.

One thing I observed from the pages of history is that religion and atheism are just a cover to give human evil plans a face and purpose. The real cause of the problem in the world today is Human’s inability to manage power.

The reason behind the Jihads, forced slavery, mass blood shed is either to grab power or to consolidate the power already owned. They only use religion or atheism as a cover to
1) gain gullible followers who Identify with that Ideology
2) To give their underlying greed for power an Ideological face.

Why do religious/atheist leaders instill fear into the minds of people, is it because of love? no it is because they want to keep their own so as to remain in power.

When it comes to the ability to control power, we humans are a square peg in round hole. We have never in history been able to manage power. I will expound on that in a future article. What am trying to say is summed up in the words of a wise man who lived thousands of years ago. He said: “ All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.” (ecclesiastics chapter 8:9) also he said: “ Again I turned my attention to all the acts of oppression that go on under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, and there was no one to comfort them. And their oppressors had the power, and there was no one to comfort them.”(ecclesiastics chapter 4 :1)

So please my atheist and religious friends please Let’s sheat our storms, the world problems can not be solved by removing religion neither can it be solved by attacking atheism, these are symptoms of the real problem, US!!
Have you not seen activists who were hailed as fighting for the course of the common man become dictators when they are now in power?.

Where humans designed to rule over Fellow humans?
What do you think? Please share your opinion.
Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
I am a servant of the Lord God

I am God

I'm am Elidaxziel

My words are my word and never be substituted with anyone

Atheist are not ready and not serious enough to walk with the spirit

Knock knock

The spirit are not ready for humans in doubt
Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by xcabczyxabczzzz: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
Common sense is fueling it.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

you took the words right out of my mouth...

- COMMON SENSE
- INTELLIGENCE
- ALLERGIC TO BS
-TIRED OF BEING HUNGRY AND PAYING TITHE WHILE BASTARDS IN ROBE DRIVE OFF IN BENTLEYS

4 Likes

Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by festwiz(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:
Simple.

The world is battling a virus and all the Pastors, Prophets, Evangelist and Apostles have taken a break. Those that claim to heal everyday, cure madness and even bring people from the dead can't heal a virus less than 1micron large.

When the lockdown is lifted, they'll come out clad in their expensive attires to start acting out miracles again. Their worshippers will praise them and make excuses for them, mock critics and will donate more to the pastor's treasury.

If you survive this virus and you do a thanksgiving to a pastor, you're officially a fool, no cap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by Psalms5522: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
festwiz:
Simple.

The world is battling a virus and all the Pastors, Prophets, Evangelist and Apostles have taken a break. Those that claim to heal everyday, cure madness and even bring people from the dead can't heal a virus less than 1micron large.

When the lockdown is lifted, they'll come out clad in their expensive attires to start acting out miracles again. Their worshippers will praise them and make excuses for them, mock critics and will donate more to the pastor's treasury.

If you survive this virus and you do a thanksgiving to a pastor, you're officially a fool, no cap.

The main issue is human quest for POWER
Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by odinson1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
If one god was real and all the rest fake, we would know. Consider three benefits of believing in a god:
- Believers in fake gods would be constantly complaining their prayers are never answered whilst believers in a real god would be jubilant over their amazing success rate.
- Believers in a fake god would bemoan the fact that they never feel the presence of their god whilst believers in a real god would talk to their god daily and be certain of it.
- Believers in a fake god would ask their god for advice yet still make many bad decisions whilst believers in a real god would find their god deftly guiding them through life's obstacles.
So it would be obvious which god was real and responsive and obvious that the others were not. But, here is the interesting thing, it is NOT obvious. Religious people all report these benefits whichever god they worship.
So we are forced to conclude that imaginary gods apparently work as well as real ones. This leads us to a second conclusion, since we know some gods MUST be imaginary, all known gods must work as well as imaginary gods. It turns out all gods are equal.
Is it not therefore fair to conclude, that all known gods are equally imaginary?
Is there any other reasonable conclusion?

1 Like

Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by StrikeBack(m): 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44
Seun

Let's get my views on this topic
Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by CAPSLOCKED: 9:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
StrikeBack:
Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44 Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by StrikeBack(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
Lol
Re: What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2 by paxonel(m): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2020
The only solution will also come from religion but that will happen only when religion start to complement education

(1) (Reply)

'extension Of Lockdown Will Cause Riot, Protest In The Country - Primate Ayodele / The End Of Covid-19: Pastor Amanda Prophecy: Warns Members Today / "If You Truely Love Your Life You Will Stay At Home"-pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.