Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Untold Truth About Huge Success In Fish Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Untold Truth About Huge Success In Fish Farming (569 Views)

How To Rewire Your Mindset For Huge Success / Tradermoni Records Success In The North Central / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Huge Success In Fish Farming by icuFISHCLASS(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hello NL.
Do you know you can actually start up a fish Farming business without lots of money?
I want to give us a little information on what I mean.

Fish Farming comprises of many lucrative areas which can earn you real money when you venture in it.
I'll try to briefly explain these areas one after the other.
1. Fish hatchery & breeding : if you focus on this, you'll only be producing thousands of fish after every breeding process. This process is achieved by fertilizing the fish's egg with the male's sperm and manipulate it to hatch into a fish.
Each successful breeding produces up to 200,000 fishes which is sold for N10 or N15 each. Depending on your location. Do the calculation.

2. Fish feed Formulation: this is the act of producing fish feed for your farm or for others to buy. One of the challenges of fish farmers and starters is money to buy feeds. If you are able to produce the feeds, you be sure of making real money from selling them. During my school days, I made money by selling the feeds I produced. Fish feeds doesn't need any expensive material to be produced. It needs just Maize, soyabean, oil, garri, fishmeal, blood meal etc, now you understand what I'm saying.

3. This is the one most of us do. Buying fish, putting them in ponds and feeding them till it gets to a market size. Do you know that there are hormones you inject your fish and they will grow ×2 of what others get?
Do you know there are drugs you add to your fish feed which will make them stay stronger , healthier and tastier than others? Fish Farming indeed is one of the businesses you can go into with 0 regrets.

4. I almost forgot to add fish Pathology. Imagine billing people to tell them how to treat their fish. In my 400L in school, I've started treating fishes even in neighboring states. You can learn that too and explode .

There are many things I can tell you bout fish Farming. But let me rest here first.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Huge Success In Fish Farming by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
I have never seen anyone who became a millionaire or billionaire through catfish farming,you can proof me wrong tho.

All I keep seeing is farms going bankrupt, closing down and the owners becoming debtors while the middlemen(fish sellers) keep smiling to the bank.

Don't quote me if you've never done catfish business practically because I was once a catfish farmer.
Re: Untold Truth About Huge Success In Fish Farming by icuFISHCLASS(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
Weedsmoker:
I have never seen anyone who became a millionaire or billionaire through catfish farming,you can proof me wrong tho.

All I keep seeing is farms going bankrupt, closing down and the owners becoming debtors.

You are very right.
But there are people who makes millions in fish Farming.
Most farmers thinks that fish Farming is about buying feeds and feeding fish. That's wrong.
When you depend on that, the only thing you gain might be N200 per fish, when you are reselling it.

Perhaps you successfullly raised 50 fishes to 1kg and sell it. Your gain would be N200×50 or 45.
But have you considered the areas I mentioned?
Have you considered the gain that will come when you produce your own feed?

(1) (Reply)

Tread Cautiously On Those Loans / How Lucrative Is The Sachet Water Production / Don't Know Your Way Around Getting A Business Loan In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.