Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Sunday Oliseh Eyes Super Eagle's Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Eyes Super Eagle's Job (267 Views)

Rivers United Coach Eguma Eyes Super Eagles Job / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh Eyes Super Eagle's Job by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
Former Super Eagles head coach Sunday Oliseh has clarified the statement he made on the team’s coaching job, reports Completesports.com.

Oliseh, a member of the Super Eagles side that won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations title in Tunisia, was widely reported to have said in an interview this week that he would never manage the team again.

But the former Ajax and Juventus midfielder has denied the claim.

“I will never abandon my country, Nigeria. I’m a proud Nigerian and I will always be available to help my country. What I said clearly in that interview, I was asked if I would accept to coach the Super Eagles again,”Oliseh stated in a short video message on his Twitter handle.

“What I want to clarify is that as long as the situation is what it is now, as long as our citizens are not given the right treatment and deprived of the same working conditions like foreigners get when they come to coach our motherland, i’m not interested in coaching the team.

“I have sacrificed my life on more than one occasion to help my country, so the fact that at the moment i’m not interested in coaching the team has nothing to do with my people. The conditions that are there for Nigerian citizens who managed the Super Eagles are not the same as foreigners. ”

Oliseh, who was capped 54 times by Nigeria, took charge of the Super Eagles in 2015.

The 45-year-old resigned from the post in February 26, 2016 exactly a month to the Super Eagles encounter with the Pharaohs of Egypt in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

He cited to contract violations, lack of support, unpaid wages and benefits to his players, assistant coaches and himself as reasons for his action.

https://www.completesports.com/oliseh-clarifies-statement-on-super-eagles-coaching-job-says-i-will-never-abandon-my-country/

(1) (Reply)

Serie A Return Date Set As Italian Prime Minister Confirms New Coronavirus Measu / Top 10 Most Lucrative Business In Nigeria / Secret For The German League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.