Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank (4222 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / Help! How Do A Next Of Kin Claim A Late Brother's yearly Dividend / A Man Sold 2 Of His Late Brother's Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by kluv2(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2011
pls house,i need a guideline on how i can collect my late brother's savings at first bank,abuja without having to travel to abuja cos i based in lagos.my brother died in 2007 but had some money in his bank account and since them we've not been able to make any headway on how to withdraw the money.pls,any lawyer in the house?what are the documents i would need to prosecute this and what are the steps to take and how long can it take.pls any reasonable and sensible suggestions will be highly appreciated.looking forward to your replies.thanks
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by TewMuch: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2011
If your brother was unmarried, why dont you leave the money to your parents to use?
Are you the next of kin on the account? The bank will never release the money to you, sorry.

I am sure this your brother has a family that need the money. Why are you looking to take over your brother's property? You dont have a means of making your own money? Leeches, they will never rest until they put another human being in misery because of greed. If your brother has a wife and children, the money goes to the legal wife and child automatically. Except he put you on the account as next of kin, otherwise nothing for you. Try and get a life of your own.
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by denitro(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2011
The process is not difficult.
Get a lawyer and the lawyer will put you through the processes.
The next of kin is the beneficiary, and the process will help the next of kin get the money
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by Godalone(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
Are you the next of kin?
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by kluv2(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
thanks to those who gave sensible suggestion,and for your information if you must know i am the next of kin and the guy died before he could change his next of kin after he got married.what i need is just the guideline
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by SCNNIGERIA(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
HI MY FRIEND,
TO CLAIM UR BROTHER' MONEY,
GET THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
AFIDAFIT OF NEXT OF KIN, DEATH CERTIFICATE,
YOU CAN GET THIS FROM THE COURT PROBATE DEPERTMENT
THEN APPLY FOR LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.
YOU'LL BE REQUIRED TO PUBLISH SAME IN A NEWS LETTER
AND GIVE INFORMATION OF OTHER BENEFICIARIES AND THEIR PASPORT
YOU'LL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO BAY 10% OF THE SAID AMMOUNT TO THE COURT
TO PROCEED WITH THE LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.
IF YOU NEED MORE HELP CALL ME 08036311641
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by kluv2(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2011
scnnigeria,am very grateful for the info,thanks
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2011
k-luv:

thanks to those who gave sensible suggestion,and for your information if you must know i am the next of kin and the guy died before he could change his next of kin after he got married.what i need is just the guideline
. . .when u finally get the money,don't forget the wife and kids,biko.
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by komando7(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
Op
Leave your brothers money for his wife and kids now. Must everybody be so greedy? Heartlessness is not good o.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 12:08am On Jan 09, 2011
what if he is trying to get the money for his brother's wife?
since he is the next of kin, it would be easier for him to access the funds than his wife
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03am On Jan 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

what if he is trying to get the money for his brother's wife?
since he is the next of kin, it would be easier for him to access the funds than his wife

really ? i doubt it

normally your next of kin is your wife/husband if married

then any relative if you aint special your mum/daddy or any relative close to where you leave

first you need to understand whats is NEXT OF KIN

next of kin n. 1) the nearest blood relatives of a person who has died, including the surviving spouse. 2) anyone who would receive a portion of the estate by the laws of descent and distribution if there were no will

since the person was married the wife gets the money

dont confuse NEXT OF KIN & ESTATE EXECUTOR

Executor (female form: sing. = executrix, pl. = executrices) is also a legal term referring to a person named by a maker of a will, or nominated by the testator, to carry out the directions of the will
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
he mentioned. . .

k-luv:

hopefully the bank accepts marriage certificates as proof, then the wife can claim it,

Kluv, I hope you are doing this one behalf of the wife and kids
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by harakiri(m): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2011
As innocent as this post is, it gives me the creeps. If i die, my money to my kid NOT relatives. Kai! Na wa o!
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

he mentioned. . .

hopefully the bank accepts marriage certificates as proof, then the wife can claim it,

Kluv, I hope you are doing this one behalf of the wife and kids

it doesnt change anything

next of kin is the person who is first contacted in case of anything, in this case he did not change the person who should be contacted in case of anything but he was now married so anything that was his now goes to wife and kids  ---  like i said dont confuse it with EXECTUTOR OF ESTATE
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

it doesnt change anything

next of kin is the person who is first contacted in case of anything, in this case he did not change the person who should be contacted in case of anything but he was now married so anything that was his now goes to wife and kids  ---  like i said dont confuse it with EXECTUTOR OF ESTATE 

according to the document, he will the first person to be contacted because it wasnt changed before death and knowing how it is in nigeria the relatives will be the first to be considered even saw a case like this on nTA last sunday

k-luv:

Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
harakiri:

As innocent as this post is, it gives me the creeps. If i die, my money to my kid NOT relatives. Kai! Na wa o!

same here!

you'll hear 'after all he is our son and you're an outsider' then accusations of witchcraft and adultery will start flying about just to rubbish the woman
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

according to the document, he will the first person to be contacted because it wasnt changed before death and knowing how it is in nigeria the relatives will be the first to be considered even saw a case like this on nTA last sunday

ok lets seperate bad tradition and law

by law the wife and kids are beneficials to the estate

then by our greedy traditions it is the relatives

roughly the guy here is the greedy relative the wife can do that by her own

but on being married it depends with your country laws --- in zimbabwe if you are married traditionally you are still considered as married

does your country constitutionally recognise a traditional marriage?
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

ok lets seperate bad tradition and law

by law the wife and kids are beneficials to the estate

then by our greedy traditions it is the relatives

yea that's more like it wink

ZIM DRILL:

roughly the guy here is the greedy relative the wife can do that by her own

we dont really know his intentions; some people are useless, educated or not they like to be fed like a cow!
some women rely so much on their husband and relatives for very basic documents they can do by themselves, [s]have you been to the travel section? you should see some very basic questions people ask-thats one of the reasons they fall victim to scammers[/s]

ZIM DRILL:

but on being married it depends with your country laws --- in zimbabwe if you are married traditionally you are still considered as married

does your country constitutionally recognise a traditional marriage?

really don't know but it should wink
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

yea that's more like it wink

we dont really know his intentions; some people are useless, educated or not they like to be fed like a cow!
some women rely so much on their husband and relatives for very basic documents they can do by themselves, [s]have you been to the travel section? you should see some very basic questions people ask-thats one of the reasons they fall victim to scammers[/s]

really don't know but it should wink

Yes we dont know, but i think he should have said i want to help the wife of his late brother

no woman is useless when it comes to getting what was left by the husband
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by DisGuy: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

Yes we dont know, but i think he should have said i want to help the wife of his late brother

no woman is useless when it comes to getting what was left by the husband

Female literacy Zimbabwe/Nigeria - about 90% and 60%
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2011
@jennykadry,whats your problem?why the insult?is it your business he made him next of kin?and whats so bad if a brother inherit a late brother,nothing bad,its we that see it as fraud.

@k-luv,if youre the sole beneficiary remaining,dnt forget to pay for charity,am very sure you will know if hes in debt before death took him away,pls try and pay his debt as soon as possible,if you dnt know who he might be owing?then,you have to do another charity to cover any debt, he might have owed.then the rest is absolutely yours,but i will advice you to do do good deeds with the money which will favour less priviledege,such as building well,boreholes,etc.
But incase,there are other beneficiaries like other brothers of his,his mother,father,offsprings,wives or wife,sisters,as youre just a next of kin to his account,make sure they all get thier shares,anyway his lawyer should know better according to his will.
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

Female literacy Zimbabwe/Nigeria - about 90% and 60%

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2011
//
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2011
uplawal:

@jennykadry,whats your problem?why the insult?is it your business he made him next of kin?and whats so bad if a brother inherit a late brother,nothing bad,its we that see it as fraud.

@k-luv,if youre the sole beneficiary remaining,dnt forget to pay for charity,am very sure you will know if hes in debt before death took him away,pls try and pay his debt as soon as possible,if you dnt know who he might be owing?then,you have to do another charity to cover any debt, he might have owed.then the rest is absolutely yours,but i will advice you to do do good deeds with the money which will favour less priviledege,such as building well,boreholes,etc.
But incase,there are other beneficiaries like other brothers of his,his mother,father,offsprings,wives or wife,sisters,as youre just a next of kin to his account,make sure they all get thier shares,anyway his lawyer should know better according to his will.

he is not the beneficiary  the brother was married

he edited the original most   " thanks to those who gave sensible suggestion,and for your information if you must know i am the next of kin and the guy died before he could change his next of kin after he got married.what i need is just the guideline
"
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2011
thats his business,thousands years is like a day to God Almighty,one day he will have to purge everything to thier rightful owners on judgement day,but to save him the shame,disgrace and severe punishment, on that day thats why we are giving opinions
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by armyofone(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
i hope the OP has a good intention. collect the money and give everything to his wife. DON'T take a penny or epeeny out of the money his wife is the sole owner. it is time pple learn to hope selfish brothers and sisters.
so turn the money to his wife.

you should have just asked how do i claim late brother's money with clear point that you plan on giving it to the person he is married to.

pple sef!
Re: How Do We Claim Our Late Brother's Savings At Firstbank by nike4luv(f): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
Call down guys, enough of the insults and abuse on this thread. It is not up to anyone what he does with the money, at the end of the day, God judges everyone. So please, i dont want to have to clean any more rubbish on this thread. Move on from it.
K-luv, hope you got the answer you wanted, Good luck.

Stay calm guys smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Divulge Your Weaknesses Or Dark Side/Past To Your Partner. / I Decided To Quit The Toxic Marriage, Lady Shared Her Before And After Picture / My Boyfriend Says He Can't Deal With My Sad Mood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.