Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Python Won't Install On Laptop - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Won't Install On Laptop (1045 Views)

Android Emulator Hypervisor Driver Keeps Failing To Install On My Andriod Studio / Python Couldn't Install On My Laptop / Recommendation On Laptop Needed For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Won't Install On Laptop by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
Guys, I'm pained as fvck now. Successfully downloaded and installed python on my laptop but it wouldn't open.
This is the dialog box that it displayed

Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by clintz(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Google and download that dll file and install
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
clintz:
Google and download that dll file and install

What should I Google?
pythondll? How do I know which dll I should Google and download?
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Abcruz(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
locust:
Guys, I'm pained as fvck now. Successfully downloaded and installed python on my laptop but it wouldn't open.

Download and install "universal c runtime" and then the python installation will work. If you're running on windows download it from the official link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Avast(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
locust:

Y can't you just download anaconda
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Avast:

Y can't you just download anaconda

anaconda? I'm lost, bro. Is the anaconda just like python programming or platform to run python codes?
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Abcruz:

Download and install "universal c runtime" and then the python installation will work. If you're running on windows download it from the official link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

I'll try this bro. Thanks
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Avast(m): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2020
locust:

anaconda? I'm lost, bro. Is the anaconda just like python programming or platform to run python codes?

Platform to run python and it is very easy to install
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Abcruz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Avast:

Platform to run python and it is very easy to install

Anaconda houses python packages and cannot function alone without a core Python interpreter. That's the reason he has to install python first.
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Avast(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Abcruz:

Anaconda houses python packages and cannot function alone with a core Python interpreter. That's the reason he has to install python first.

I don't understand what you meant actually but I installed my Python thru anaconda and I am using jupyter to learn Python.
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Abcruz(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Avast:

I don't understand what you meant actually but I installed my Python thru anaconda and I am using jupyter to learn Python.

Jupyter does not require Python and anaconda installation to work cos it is web based that's why u had no issues.
Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Please why is line 3 ignored?

I expected the answer series to be:
°Hello World!
° What is your name?
°Locust
°Good to see you Locust
°The length of your name is:

Why was °Locust ignored?

Re: Python Won't Install On Laptop by kudaisi(m): 7:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Did you mean to use
myName = input()
in line 3 ?

In which case the value you enter in the terminal will be assigned to variable myName and you can then subsequently print the value as you wish.
print('Good to see you, '+myName)

(1) (Reply)

Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst / Impressed I am / Need Help On .net Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.