Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Buying A Good Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Buying A Good Laptop (766 Views)

I Want A Good Laptop To Buy,price Of 15000 Naira / Any Good Laptop For Video Editing? / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Good Laptop by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Hello computer gurus, pls for someone that wants to buy a good laptop, what features should the person look out for and how? You can also suggest a brand. Thanks.
Re: Buying A Good Laptop by davidadenrele: 8:13am On Apr 18, 2020
Buying a good laptops depends on whether you want a brand new or a fairly used.

The following features are important before you buy a laptop.

1. Hardsize and memory size is 1 Terabytes, 500GB, 320GB, for memory 12GB, 8GB, 6GB, 4GB.

2. Speed and Configuration there's Corei7, Corei5, Corei3. with 2.5GHz, 2.6GHz, 2.8GHz.

3. Added Features like webcam, wifi, Bluetooth, HDMI,.USB port, DVD/RWT,

4.Brand. HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, IBM,

5. The most user friendly and good cheap consumables i will advise you go with HP, second after HP is Dell.

Aside all this most computer comes with added functional value like thump dectector for security and embedded graphics for those who are into games and graphics design some laptops brand comes with 12GB dedicated graphics, 8GB dedicated, 4GB, 2GB, 1GB dedicated graphics.

Finally what's your budget can you afford the system with highest configuration listed above and you still sure you can get something within your budget then go for fairly used laptop with average speed configuration.

If you are interested I have some very good used American laptops you can reach me via WhatsApp or call on 08023900627.

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Good Laptop by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks man. I will WhatsApp you when am ready.
Re: Buying A Good Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Luckyheart:
Thanks man. I will WhatsApp you when am ready.

The question should be ,what do you want to use the laptop for?

When you say what you want to use it for only then someone can recommend important features you need to check before buying.

All brands are good but in Nigeria we have the common ones you can easily get a replacement part whenever the need arises.
Re: Buying A Good Laptop by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
[quote author=udemzyudex post=88599511]

The question should be ,what do you want to use the laptop for?

When you say what you want to use it for only then someone can recommend important features you need to check before buying.

All brands are good but in Nigeria we have the common ones you can easily get a replacement part whenever the need arises.[/quote..

I want to use laptop to start coding/programming and for graphics works. Thanks
Re: Buying A Good Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 5:57am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=Luckyheart post=88600447][/quote]

A good laptop with at least core i5/core i7 processor 2nd generation and 8gb RAM will do the job.

The HDD size is left for you depending on how much files you want to keep.

Any laptop with the above spec will handle your Photoshop, Corel draw and your programming softwares.
If you want more performance you can get a core i5 4th gen above, at least 8gb RAM and at least 1GB dedicated memory.

Sometimes you really don't have to break the bank to get a specific laptop that will perform the task for you.

Like I said earlier all brands are good,but HP and Dell are common so part will be easily available even though other brands are cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Good Laptop by abdulskulboy(m): 6:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Bro.... I need a laptop too...
Like anyone with the features you mention above can courst how much?
Re: Buying A Good Laptop by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 19, 2020
udemzyudex:

A good laptop with at least core i5/core i7 processor 2nd generation and 8gb RAM will do the job.

The HDD size is left for you depending on how much files you want to keep.

Any laptop with the above spec will handle your Photoshop, Corel draw and your programming softwares.
If you want more performance you can get a core i5 4th gen above, at least 8gb RAM and at least 1GB dedicated memory.

Sometimes you really don't have to break the bank to get a specific laptop that will perform the task for you.

Like I said earlier all brands are good,but HP and Dell are common so part will be easily available even though other brands are cheaper.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Buying A Good Laptop by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 19, 2020
davidadenrele:
Buying a good laptops depends on whether you want a brand new or a fairly used.

The following features are important before you buy a laptop.

1. Hardsize and memory size is 1 Terabytes, 500GB, 320GB, for memory 12GB, 8GB, 6GB, 4GB.

2. Speed and Configuration there's Corei7, Corei5, Corei3. with 2.5GHz, 2.6GHz, 2.8GHz.

3. Added Features like webcam, wifi, Bluetooth, HDMI,.USB port, DVD/RWT,

4.Brand. HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, IBM,

5. The most user friendly and good cheap consumables i will advise you go with HP, second after HP is Dell.

Aside all this most computer comes with added functional value like thump dectector for security and embedded graphics for those who are into games and graphics design some laptops brand comes with 12GB dedicated graphics, 8GB dedicated, 4GB, 2GB, 1GB dedicated graphics.

Finally what's your budget can you afford the system with highest configuration listed above and you still sure you can get something within your budget then go for fairly used laptop with average speed configuration.

If you are interested I have some very good used American laptops you can reach me via WhatsApp or call on 08023900627.

Pls sir, how do I check the HDD size, RAM and speed and processor? Secondly for the speed and processor, how do I know it is 3rd or 4th generation? And sir what does HDMI means? Sorry to bother you sir, I love asking questions.

(1) (Reply)

California Whatsapp Group / Robotics Workshop In Lagos / Vista Compatible Bluetooth Dongle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.