Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? (646 Views)

176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by Avalancheman: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
Honestly, I don't get it.

Hundreds are still dying in the US everyday. I am currently watching Donald Trump.

Why is Nigeria trying to shut down completely after 17 controversial deaths

Coronavirus has been in Nigeria since February. If we were going to be hit like the US and co, wouldn't we all be dead by now

Shutting out returnees from abroad remains the best antidote to the spread of the virus in Nigeria. It took the government long to achieve this. But at least, it's been done.

How effective are the so-called lockdowns Today they are eased, tomorrow they are suspended. Sometimes they are partial. People crowd together to get palliatives. Are we not deceiving ourselves

More people have even died of Coronavirus during the lockdowns than before they began.

Lassa fever has killed more people so far. TB kills dozens every hour. Malaria too (now called Covid-19 especially if it comes with flu... grin) etc etc

Enough of the lockdown madness, abeg.

What Government Should do
1. Encourage the use of masks and gloves by all and sundry.
2. Sensitise the general populace on the need to maintain high standard of personal hygiene.
3. Teach people how to boost their immunity.

1 Like

Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by frankputer: 12:18am On Apr 18, 2020
US economy is going down they need to bounce back.
it the wish of the governors of each state in the US.
but if u ask me na who i go ask ?

2 Likes

Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by etrange: 12:35am On Apr 18, 2020
It's very difficult leading people.

If people are allowed to move around and the virus gets out of hand, OP will still be here to call out the government. Of all places to make reference to, it's the US; a country with failed strategies. If the US had it all together, would they have gotten this bad? Trump proposed to relax the lockdown state by state. This is still being debated and you're already dragging our government to follow suit; why not wait and see how it works for them? Even it this works in the US where the states are fairly independent, that may or may not work here. So it's not always about doing it because the great America is doing it, we must study our peculiar situations. Nigeria and the US are not even in the same phase of the pandemic; both countries didn't start the lockdown at the same time. US is taking decisions based on economic factors unique to them. They might be nearing economic meltdown, I don't know. But Nigeria should also take decisions based on our own peculiarities instead of just blindly comparing with the Americas.

Staying home in Nigeria is like a prison without food, I know this. Hunger is killing people. But these are nothing compared to what this virus can do if not controlled at this stage. Take this from someone who lives in North America. Staying at home remains the best option for a country like Nigeria at this moment. We don't have the facilities to accommodate what is happening in the US and Italy.

#JustMyOpinion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by PureGoldh(m): 12:44am On Apr 18, 2020
@Op the number one thing Government should do is " To ensure that there is no hunger in the land"

The money donated should be properly shared amongst the people via their BVN.

See eeh,with the way things dey go in dx country...so many people will even loose the last penny their have in their accounts to Scammers.I have been receiving tons of messages from individuals that are bent on scamming people of their hard earned money.

Below are pictures of the message I received from one of the Scammer last night.

Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by AdeneyFeeds: 1:01am On Apr 18, 2020
I know Covid-19 will be added to the normal sickness like malaria, measles and co
Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2020
A) NEVER try to compare the US health care system with Nigeria's health care system
B) the US can manage 500K cases of the virus, Nigeria CANNOT
C) US has plenty of money to fight the infection rate, Nigeria cannot

pls dont fools yourself by comparing apples with oranges

2 Likes

Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by nony43(m): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2020
G
Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by nony43(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2020
Our hospitals are in comatose
Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by Avalancheman: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
A) NEVER try to compare the US health care system with Nigeria's health care system
B) the US can manage 500K cases of the virus, Nigeria CANNOT
C) US has plenty of money to fight the infection rate, Nigeria cannot

pls dont fools yourself by comparing apples with oranges

Do you think we currently don't have 500k cases

Do you think if this Coronavirus were as deadly in Nigeria as it is abroad, we won't all have been dead by now
Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by Avalancheman: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
nony43:
Our hospitals are in comatose

Yet there are only 17 deaths and many are being discharged daily
Re: US Is Trying To Open After 33,000 Deaths And Counting.What Is Nigeria's Problem? by Avalancheman: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
etrange:
It's very difficult leading people.

If people are allowed to move around and the virus gets out of hand, OP will still be here to call out the government. Of all places to make reference to, it's the US; a country with failed strategies. If the US had it all together, would they have gotten this bad? Trump proposed to relax the lockdown state by state. This is still being debated and you're already dragging our government to follow suit; why not wait and see how it works for them? Even it this works in the US where the states are fairly independent, that may or may not work here. So it's not always about doing it because the great America is doing it, we must study our peculiar situations. Nigeria and the US are not even in the same phase of the pandemic; both countries didn't start the lockdown at the same time. US is taking decisions based on economic factors unique to them. They might be nearing economic meltdown, I don't know. But Nigeria should also take decisions based on our own peculiarities instead of just blindly comparing with the Americas.

Staying home in Nigeria is like a prison without food, I know this. Hunger is killing people. But these are nothing compared to what this virus can do if not controlled at this stage. Take this from someone who lives in North America. Staying at home remains the best option for a country like Nigeria at this moment. We don't have the facilities to accommodate what is happening in the US and Italy.

#JustMyOpinion

@bolded

Who told you the virus is being restricted. Even so-called lockdown has not been effective.

My brother, God has been protecting us in this country. Otherwise, if the Coronavirus were to hit us like abroad, we all would have been dead by now... embarassed

(1) (Reply)

25 Years+ Of Living A Perfect Health, How Did He Do It?? / Goko Cleanser Herbal, A Cure For Various Illnesses / 8 Ways To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.