Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku (1193 Views)

World Igbo Union Drums Support For Buhari’s Government / Breaking News: Ijaw Leader Declares Support For Biafra / Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 06, 2011
http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=26628

Ijaw leader, Ajuwa, drums support for Atiku                 

By Daniel Abia  Snr. Correspondent, P/Harcourt

Against a popular belief that President Goodluck Jonathan is enjoying overwhelming support of his Ijaw brothers, he may need to work a lot more.

This impression was dropped by the former presidential candidate, Chief Pere Ajuwa in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, when the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, paid him a courtesy call in his private residence along Sani Abacha Close.

Ajuwa said the Ijaw people were not averse to Atiku’s presidential ambition, adding “I am very close to President Jonathan, but I don’t play ethnic politics.

“I am not against your ambition to be the president of Nigeria. It is not an ethnic thing”.

The Ijaw elder said what Nigeria needed at this point of her political history was somebody with enough capacity to cover the country and “one of the persons we intend to work with is Atiku Abubakar”.

He expressed sadness at the downward turn of the nation’s once robust economy and alleged that the foreign reserve was falling from $57 billion to $26 billion, stressing that it is how to run this country that matters most to Nigerians”.

According to Ajuwa, “the doors of the Ijaw people are open to Atiku who has the capacity large enough to govern Nigeria”, arguing that a leader who cannot take a decision is not a leader.
Re: Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku by 9ijaMan: 1:18am On Jan 06, 2011
Gbam!!
Re: Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 06, 2011
Thank you Governor Chibuike Amaechi for your maturity?

Thanks for allowing the campaign team a level playing field to meet delegates eventhough you chose to abstain from the event but at least you sent your deputy and we appreciate that.

Martin Elechi should learn from Amaechi how to play politics like a grown up man.
Re: Ijaw Leader, Ajuwa Drums Support For Atiku by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 06, 2011
i have said it again and again, with the people coming out to contest BUHARI is the one i will vote for , but i never believe i would say this but this is wat options in the nigerian political parties have to offer us.

GEJ WILL MAKE NIGERIANS CRY MORE

ATIKU WILL HOLD AND SUSTAIN THE COUNTRY WILL NOT TAKE IT HIGHER

BUHARI WILL STAMP OUT CORRUPTION AND TAKE IT A LITTLE HIGHER FOR THE FASHOLAS,RIBADUS,DUKES AND THE UTOMIS TO HAVE A STRONG FOUNDATION TO FINALLY MAKE NIGERIA A GREAT NATION.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Goodluck Jonathan Declared Winner! / How Yoruba Got 'odualand' Back: / Apga Won In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.