Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! (809 Views)

Become A Pro In Computer Repairs In No Time / Learn Computer Repairs / Computer Repairs And Maintenance ⛑ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by ubeedominic(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, Pls I need help. My system has been giving me some bad behaviors recently but i have not been able to figure out what the problem really is.

Its about my earphone port, Anytime I plug in my earphone It picks that something has been plugged into the port and hence anything that was playing in the speaker no longer sounds from the pc speaker (YOU GET?).......But instead of the sound now starting to play from the earphone, Nothing sounds yet in there....

I have thought of many solutions to this problem, at 1st the thought that the earphone is not good again came in, but i was wrong, i've even tried other persons' headphone but no good result. Pls i need help on this....could it be that the port is no longer working........if so, why is it still picking that something has been plugged in and the PC's speaker no longer sounds?...ABEG MAKE UNA HELP ME!!

ITS A LENOVO X230 core i5 PC
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Akunwafor(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
When was the last time you restarted your pc?

When was the last time you updated your drivers?

When was the last time you cleaned the earphone jack?

Have you checked the system volume panel?
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Shanid(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
please help , My laptop indicate it's charging but it doesn't increase .
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Veiniously: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
Shanid:
please help , My laptop indicate it's charging but it doesn't increase .
your battery or charger is bad
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Veiniously: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Akunwafor:

touble shoot your audio drivers
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Shanid(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Veiniously:

your battery or charger is bad
I BOUGHT A NEW CHARGER BUT ITS STILL THE SAME THING .I REMOVED THE BATTERY BUT STILL WONT ON .
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by udemzyudex(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
Shanid:
I BOUGHT A NEW CHARGER BUT ITS STILL THE SAME THING .I REMOVED THE BATTERY BUT STILL WONT ON .

Your laptop doesn't charge.

When you remove the battery and plugin the charger,it doesn't power on right?
If yes then it's a motherboard issue, there is a short on your VIN section.

See a laptop technician for repair after that Lock down.
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by udemzyudex(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
ubeedominic:
Hello Nairalanders, Pls I need help. My system has been giving me some bad behaviors recently but i have not been able to figure out what the problem really is.

Its about my earphone port, Anytime I plug in my earphone It picks that something has been plugged into the port and hence anything that was playing in the speaker no longer sounds from the pc speaker (YOU GET?).......But instead of the sound now starting to play from the earphone, Nothing sounds yet in there....

I have thought of many solutions to this problem, at 1st the thought that the earphone is not good again came in, but i was wrong, i've even tried other persons' headphone but no good result. Pls i need help on this....could it be that the port is no longer working........if so, why is it still picking that something has been plugged in and the PC's speaker no longer sounds?...ABEG MAKE UNA HELP ME!!

ITS A LENOVO X230 core i5 PC

Update your audio driver,if problem persists then port is faulty.

Yeah it's normal for it to pick,it only shows something has been connected.
Producing sound needs other requirements from the port communication with the Audio ic.
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Shanid(m): 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
udemzyudex:

Your laptop doesn't charge.

When you remove the battery and plugin the charger,it doesn't power on right?
If yes then it's a motherboard issue, there is a short on your VIN section.

See a laptop technician for repair after that Lock down.
yes , thank you for time .I appreciate
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by ubeedominic(m): 9:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:

Thanks so much.... But I have done all of those......i am even running my windows 10 with the latest update...... At 1st when this whole thing happened I thought if it was cos I upgraded from windows 8
to windows 10.............. So I decided to downgrade back to windows 8, but still nothing actually worked.
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by ubeedominic(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2020
udemzyudex:

Update your audio driver,if problem persists then port is faulty.

Yeah it's normal for it to pick,it only shows something has been connected.
Producing sound needs other requirements from the port communication with the Audio ic.

Thanks, but the driver shows that it's up to date.......... And the problem is still there
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by udemzyudex(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2020
ubeedominic:

Thanks, but the driver shows that it's up to date.......... And the problem is still there

The port might be the issue or the required voltage/transmitting and receiving line is faulty.

Pin 2 and pin 3 line might be faulty.

Note: I uploaded the picture just to explain the section to you.

Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Akunwafor(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
ubeedominic:

Thanks so much.... But I have done all of those......i am even running my windows 10 with the latest update...... At 1st when this whole thing happened I thought if it was cos I upgraded from windows 8
to windows 10.............. So I decided to downgrade back to windows 8, but still nothing actually worked.

Usually when you lose sound after an upgrade, it's usually because of outdated drivers.

Troubleshoot your sound drivers and let's see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by dxdiag(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
Was the sound fine before updating from windows 8 to windows 10?
If yes, there possibilty your system is having software compatability issue.
Troubleshoot the sound and if possible check laptop manufacturers website to download updated driver for that particular os/laptop version or a downgraded version and install. Lets see what you got

1 Like

Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Spaceclenzy1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hello any Computer Technician in the house.. My system hangs during logining .. Window 7,toshiba bt I will hang during "starting window", dats when "Windows Logo" is abt to display..

I hv tried to format the system bt it will still hang during starting window
I hv changed the hard disk bt it still hang
And it I try to switch it off, it will switch on by itself and still hang..
I use to hibernate the system alot b4..
Pls I need help on dis
Re: Shout Out To All Computer Repairs Expect In The Room: Pls I Need Help!!!! by Veiniously: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Ah i hate this .....but the truth is your pc is too old just change it if you have the money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived Uk Used Asus S400c Touchscreen Core I3 500gb Hdd 4gb Ram Very Slim / Dell Latitude E7470.. 2pcs.. SOLD OUT! / Z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.