Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) (1389 Views)

FBN Insurance,nimc,workforce.what Is The Latest Of Their Recruitment. / Contacts Of MTN Nigeria Customer Care Recruiters Urgently Needed. / Latest Of Wema Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by aikmamah1(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2007
it beats my imagination why some poeple (including me) still use MTN lines. Come to think of it MTN to MTN calls costs 53kobo per second that is 31naira 80k0b0 per

minute and with the 10% VAT it is 34naira + per minute, for mtn to other networks its almost double that fare (can u imagine, almos t double of 34naira for minute call)

while networks like Celtel charges 33kobo per minute, that is 19naira 80 kobo per minute (can u imagine the difference) and this is regardless the network your calling.

this means that the amount of money you use to make 2 minutes call form mtn to celtel is enough to make 5 minutes call form celtel to mtn, yet people(and that

includes me) are still using this network which has come to steal from us. men! if na juju they use tie us make u reject now ooo.

Even Reltel and stacomsĀ  charges 19 naira to gsm. can u imagine?

AFTERS

please i am not advertising for any network
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by Daray(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2007
I still use MTN cos of their midnight calls. I enjoy doing it . When I eventually get a job then I can stop
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by fadenike(f): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2007
I use celtel, and due to recent changes in VAT they 've withdraw all their tariff except sms. they now charge more that 31naira. i receive their text message to that effect.

Reltel still charge their normal rate i.e #30 to gsm and #20 to gsm on business line.

i think they were all affected by the VAT.
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by aikmamah1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2007
fadenike:

I use celtel, and due to recent changes in VAT they 've withdraw all their tariff except sms. they now charge more that 31naira. i receive their text message to that effect.

Reltel still charge their normal rate i.e #30 to gsm and #20 to gsm on business line.

i think they were all affected by the VAT.

this VAT of a thing self, they increased the fuel pump price and at the same time VAT what do this country want from us ?
Daray:

I still use MTN because of their midnight calls. I enjoy doing it . When I eventually get a job then I can stop

oboy thanks for being sincere. i ve work i still do midnight call. @least 1 good thing from mtn
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by femol(m): 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2007
Do your calculation well; you may be suprised to see you could be economically better off with MTN over Celtel. Don't be carried away by the Unity tariff plan.
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by aikmamah1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2007
femol:

Do your calculation well; you may be suprised to see you could be economically better off with MTN over Celtel. Don't be carried away by the Unity tariff plan.

femol,how? clarify me pls cos i am thinking of switching to celtel
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by otuwe(f): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2007
all these vat, fuel etc i tire oh. i wonder how every other thing will be moving up yet salary remains standstill, is it not with our salaries we use to pay for them so how come that one doesnt go up the way others are going up
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by Brodericks: 10:16am On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks for making us understand what is doing to us. They are obviously not the best network going by what they doing to people before GLO came and broke all their monopoly powers. Then an MTN sim sold for about =N= 19, 000 and when you make a call for just some seconds you will charged for straight one minute.

Also, they make every sort of employment advertisements and hardly employ people and when they their payment may not be too fantastic compared to what they getting from the Nigerian public. Indeed, it is another form of imperialism. Let MTN wake up and do like other networks.
Re: Latest Of Mtn Vs Celtel (and Others) by Ronyky: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2007
hello,

it is a lie i use celtel line and they charge 66k per second #39.60k to all network if it is peak period, 39k per second off peak period #23.40k and 10k per second midnight call to celtel line only, that is only if u have switched over to simply smooth tarriff, if not they charge 70k per second celtel to celtel and 80k per second celtel to other network.

Now tell me what make it cheaper than MTN.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Phb is conducting a test on Sat 21/06/08 / Ag Leventis Jobs / Airline Travels Agents Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.