Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy (4815 Views)

Rema Vs Fireboy Who Is Better / Rema Vs Fireboy: Another Wizkid And Davido? / Rema Vs Fireboy DML (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by dalexz4(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rema vs Joeboy vs Fireboy DML – Who’s The Best Game Changer?
Controversies over the internet, especially twitter have it that Joeboy is better than Rema and Rema is better than Fireboy, even though we see Fireboy as the only natural singer between these three.

Today on Zolohits, I am going to take you through comparisons of the Nigerian fast-growing under 25 music artistes. The Nigerian music industry is big and there is room for massive improvements. The need for a new niche of music has arrived and these 3 buzzing musicians are enough proof that there’s really a future in African music.

Davido and Wizkid have cleared my doubts of a Nigerian music artiste, going international and fully recognized worldwide. Don’t be surprised I tell you Rema, Joeboy and Fireboy might do better.

Before I decide on who is the best between these music artistes, allow me to walk you through brief info about them.

REMA
Heisrema is a Benin boy, age 19 originally known as Divine Ikubor, and known professionally by the stage name, Rema. He is a Nigerian singer and rapper who signed a record deal with Jonzing World, a subsidiary of Mavin Records In 2019.

The Bad Commando crooner rose to fame with the release of his hit song “Iron Man“, which appeared on Barack Obama’s 2019 summer Playlist.

He’s had a couple of awards and to mention but few:

- City People Music Award for Revelation of the Year
- The Headies Award for Next Rated

I personally believe Rema is going to become the next big thing in the Nigerian music industry. Not just believe, it is already happening. Drake recently announced via an Instagram live story that he will be releasing a track with the Dumebi guy. Rihanna was also seen vibing to Rema’s song and these are things no other fast-rising upcoming music artiste in Nigeria have ever achieved.

The Teenager looks forward to releasing a song next week, you should listen to Rema alien on Zolohits. Trust me, it will be another banger!

JOEBOY
Joeboy, originally identified with the name, Joseph Akinfenwa-Donus is a new musical act signed under Mr. Eazi’s Banku Music. Joeboy’s song is just one of those love songs with an Afropop melody.

The vibrant artiste is just not another Nigerian artiste but a talented Afropop singer who might take the baton from Adekunle Gold and Kizz Daniel.
The 22-year-old don’t call me back, crooner was once nominated for “The Headies Award for Next Rated” alongside Rema, Joeboy and Zlatan losing all hands down to Bad Commando, Rema.
He recently released a new Afro-pop melody like usual and trust me, call by Joeboy was a hit!

FIREBOY
Fire Boy identified by the real name, Adedamola Adefolahan, and known by the stage name, Fireboy DML, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. The love singer is signed to YBNL Nation, an independent record label founded by Veteran Nigerian rapper Olamide. His debut studio album Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps was released in 2019 which gave rise to his prominence.

Fireboy DML who won Soundcity’s MVP listeners choice award with Jealous and City People Music Award’s most promising artist of the year award released his first EP in 2019 with all the songs on the album being love songs.

This guy seems to be the only vibrant artist on this list who curates content based on real-life experience talking about Love. Aside Fireboy, Joeboy comes next with Jealous being played aside Baby by Fireboy at every wedding in Nigeria.

What do I have to say:
The trio who just entered Nigeria’s music industry and had an amazing career start in 2019 has been considered by many to be Naija’s next Fela, Davido and Wizkid.

I really cannot rate any of these music artist over the other because the trio are doing just perfecting fine and growing like Amazon forest wildfire.

Joeboy is better melodically and you shouldn’t argue that and like I said earlier, a talented and natural singer, Fireboy is a born artist. On the other hand, there is no iota of doubt that Rema isn’t a born entertainer.

Someone very close to me once told me Joeboy is just too lovable and Fireboy has a very mad voice. Well, all I can say is that they’re all good in their lanes and maybe we should let them be.

Rema has good support. Rema is just beyond the guy himself. I feel he’s a project his team has carefully planned on how to make him the next biggest star out of Nigeria.

I really hope he succeeds! Joeboy and Fireboy are good too but they don’t have as much support as Rema. I’ll end this controversy with this. Everything is not about talent sometimes, it’s about people around you!

SOURCE: https://zolohits.com/rema-vs-fireboy-vs-joeboy/

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Aidlyfe: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Stop comparing Ivy League with low standards

Rema is Rhema

3 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Roum(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Fireboy!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by tuzle(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
No doubt rema is talented and the next big thing in the Nigerian Music Industry, but I will pick Joe boy and fire boy anytime and any day over him. Those two are the definition of talents.

8 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by dulux07(m): 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rema ko remi ni. Next big thing ' where', the only reason he is popular is because of his promoters(Mavin).

Fireboy � Vocals. Cool and Matured lyrics. Raw talent.

7 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by dalexz4(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
tuzle:
No doubt rema is talented and the next big thing in the Nigerian Music Industry, but I will pick Joe boy and fire boy anytime and any day over him. Those two are the definition of talents.

I agree as well! Joeboy and Fireboy are two natural talents buzzing out there!

3 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Fireboy and joeboy ... those two are musicians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by dalexz4(m): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
dulux07:
Rema ko remi ni. Next big thing ' where' the only reason he is popular is because of his promoters(Mavin).

Fireboy � Vocals. Cool and Matured lyrics. Raw talent.

Of course, Rema is good and he has very strong supporters! I see him going international In a few years, fully blown!
Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Tundenoni(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Anyone who rates Rema over Joeboy and Fireboy is NOTJUSTOK

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by dulux07(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
dalexz4:

Of course, Rema is good and he has very strong supporters! I see him going international In a few years, fully blown!
What makes him good? Is it his vocals, lyrics, record label or what

1 Like

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by botrix(m): 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
My son loves fire boy's party scatter,even the video is dope

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by majamajic(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Fire boy is far better than Joe and rema

Just like Joe is better than rema

Rema has a better packaging and marketing, but he has no voice always sounds like Indian inside afrobeat music

Fire boy is better !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RuVVTPolj8

5 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by twerkjack: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
I dont know em very much but
Whoever sang

Gbas gbos
Vibration
Party scatter
Need you
What if I say

Is the hottest for me

4 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by yungmoney447(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
FireBoy anytime any day, that Gee too sabi

1 Like

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Torie8(f): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Joeboy all day kiss

2 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Froshloaded: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Torie8:
Joeboy all day kiss
Normal na
Cos he is giving you all those lovey dovey vibes

Whats your FAv Joe boy's jam?
Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Torie8(f): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Froshloaded:

Normal na
Cos he is giving you all those lovey dovey vibes

Whats your FAv Joe boy's jam?
Well "Baby, Beginning & Call". What about you.
Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Froshloaded: 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Torie8:
Well "Baby, Beginning & Call". What about you.
Baby and this is new tune "Nobody"
Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Torie8(f): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Froshloaded:

Baby and this is new tune "Nobody"
ok that's cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by YomieBlaze(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Tundenoni:
Anyone who rates Rema over Joeboy and Fireboy is NOTJUSTOK

The reason you guys talk like this is because Rema doesn't follow the afropop genre of music which is the only genre that most Nigerians accept for some reason. The kid thinks outside of the normal sounds that we're used to. Yes,he has good management and promotions and he takes advantage of that to create something different....at least that's what I think undecided

3 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by jt2damoney(m): 7:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Joeboy and fireboy

1 Like

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Vornic: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Rema

3 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Decaf: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
No Long talk.
REMA is just the best. Both locally and internationally.

2 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Decaf: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
majamajic:
Fire boy is far better than Joe and rema

Just like Joe is better than rema

Rema has a better packaging and marketing, but he has no voice always sounds like Indian inside afrobeat music

Fire boy is better !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RuVVTPolj8

That same Indian voice put him in Barack Obama's summer playlist.

2 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by shadeze: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rema is leading the pack

2 Likes

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by majamajic(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
Decaf:

That same Indian voice put him in Barack Obama's summer playlist.

Obama is not good in music as u can see from his playlist

I bet even u can do better playlist than Obama

He is on Obama list does not make him better than fireboy, rema has a good marketing team , don't be surprised that Obama list was a buyout from producers

1 Like

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by 21savages: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
O.p u said Rema is a Rapper, what is he Rapping.
Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
var rema = 2;
var joeboy = 20;

function sum(rema, joeboy) {
return (rema + joeboy);
}

fireboy = 3 * sum(rema, joeboy);

Re: EDITORIAL: Who Is Leading The Pack? Rema Vs Fireboy Vs Joeboy by garetz: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Rema

(1) (Reply)

Goldie & Prezzo Caught In Love Tweets: “goldie Isn't Picking His Calls”- Denrele / Kim And Kourtney Kardashian Wear D Same Maternity Dress. Who Wore It Better? / How ‘poverty’ Destroyed The Marriage Of Chris Attoh And Damilola Adegbite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.