Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? (10630 Views)

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" / Blood Of Jesus & Ark Of The Covenant Found / Is The Ark Of The Covenant Really In Ethiopia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Akhenaten: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2011
Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

The Ark of the Covenant is a container described in the Bible as containing the tablets of stone on which were inscribed the Ten Commandments as well as Aaron’s rod and manna. The ark was kept in Jerusalem until the Babylonians destroyed the temple. Then for some reason it vanished from history. Some people have claimed that the Ark of the Covenant still resides at the ruins of the Temple of Solomon. However, know one knows where the Temple of Solomon is located. Another theory states that the Ark of the Covenant was taken to Abyssinia (Ethiopia).

Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Joagbaje(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2011
In my studies too I came out with thesame result. But one sure thing is that the ark is preserved somewhere. It will resurface again during the tribulation. Because the anti christ will revive the temple worship again by building them a new temple, and sacrifices will resume until after three and half years. When his true picture will show.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by newmi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Is there any scriptural refeence to this. God had already said that the glory has departed from the temple . The ark is insignificant now if I may say. The second temple that was build did not have ark during Jesus time. So the ark is not sinonymous with temple worship.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
Who cares where it is? Not that it will better our lot if it is found.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by aletheia(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2011
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. (Revelation 11:19)
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
poster should also be asking for staff of oranmiyan, all these stories are just mere myths, mchewww
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Arkquest: 12:09am On Jan 10, 2011
How can anyone say for certain that they have seen THE Ark of the Covenant without having it authenticated.

I have been searching for the Ark for the past 18 years and according to my research I have traced it,or an ancient copy, to a cave in Egypt’s desert.

However when a gold box that fits the description of the Ark mentioned in Exodus is found then the acacia wood of the box would have to be radio carbon dated to determine when the tree was cut down.

Most likely there were many copies and I presume the one in Ethiopia is one of them. If they do possess THE ark and if they dont want it to be seen then at least have a sample of the wood examined!

If anyone wants to contact me then feel free to e mail me at arkquest2002@yahoo.com
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by lomprico(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
D thing dey ethopia. Watched it on a documentary.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by lomprico(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
enitan2002: poster should also be asking for staff of oranmiyan, all these stories are just mere myths, mchewww

Who the Bleep are you?
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
lomprico: D thing dey ethopia. Watched it on a documentary.

May be true, watched a documentary on Discovery Channel, 'The Lost Ark'.
The conclusion is that it is somewhere in Ethiopia where it is being religiously guarded by the Ethiopia monks.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by DeepSight(m): 12:02am On Dec 07, 2012
Perhaps its at the bottom of the mysterious money-pit in Oak Island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by pastormustwacc: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2012
I read somewhere that the ark was kept by illuminati due to its mysterious powers. But this can be a conspiracy theory, but that ark is too powerful to just vanish like that, i feel it must be somewhere.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ijawkid(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2012
That ark was destroyed JARE.............

That ark even if been preserved some where would be as powerless as fried DODO............

Yahwehs spirit has left everything associated with the ancient Temple ..........
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by italo: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2012
aletheia: And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. (Revelation 11:19)

Rev 11:19 - 12:1:

"Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm. And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars"

There it is. The Ark of the new covenant - Mary the mother of Jesus the new covenant.

Remember, these chapters weren't numbered at the time this book was written.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ijawkid(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

There it is. The Ark of the new covenant - Mary the mother of Jesus the new covenant.

Italo what is this blasphemy??!!!!!!!!!!.....so you still have not learnt anything from the other threads........

So mary is the new covenant??......

Don't let the both of us argue hard this morning o........

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by italo: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2012
Dumb-ass. Jesus is. Mary is the Ark that carried the new covenant - the Word in flesh, just like the old Ark carried the old covenant - the Word on stone.

Read again.

By the way, is that the Jehovah's Witness?
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ijawkid(m): 11:28am On Dec 07, 2012
italo: Dumb-ass. Jesus is. Mary is the Ark that carried the new covenant - the Word in flesh, just like the old Ark carried the old covenant - the Word on stone.

Read again.

By the way, is that the Jehovah's Witness?

SMH!!!!!!!..........

Always fixing mary into discussions that she isn't suppose to be found..........

Mary worshipper.....

I know till this moment you still think that mary is the woman mentioned in revelation chapter 12....

OLODO rabata!!!!!!!........

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by italo: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
ijawkid:

SMH!!!!!!!..........

Mary worshipper.....

OLODO rabata!!!!!!!........

SMH!!!!!!!

Jehovah's witness!!!!!!
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ichuka(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

Rev 11:19 - 12:1:

"Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm. And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars"

Remember, these chapters weren't numbered at the time this book was written.

Loizz!!
No comment.
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ijawkid(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

SMH!!!!!!!

Jehovah's witness!!!!!!

I'm happy to be witnessing about YAHWEH.......

As for you ,you worship a woman,who's dead and whom you claim to be the queen of heaven...........

Smh!!!!!.......

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by italo: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm happy to be witnessing about YAHWEH.......

As for you ,you worship a woman,who's dead and whom you claim to be the queen of heaven...........

Smh!!!!!.......

SMH still!!!!!

Jehovah's witness!!!!!!
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by ijawkid(m): 8:02am On Dec 08, 2012
italo:

SMH still!!!!!

Jehovah's witness!!!!!!

Lol..
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2012
2 Maccabees 2:4-10

It was also in the same document that the prophet, having received an oracle, ordered that the tent and the ark should follow with him, and that he went out to the mountain where Moses had gone up and had seen the inheritance of God. Jeremiah came and found a cave-dwelling, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense; then he sealed up the entrance. Some of those who followed him came up intending to mark the way, but could not find it. When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: ‘The place shall remain unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. Then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated.’
Re: Where Is The Ark Of The Covenant? by NiccoC(m): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2013
go nd ask GOOGLE

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Be Free From A Tormenting Demon? / Beauty Without Christ Is Ugliness - TB Joshua... / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.