Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case (613 Views)

Opinion Poll Favors Tinubu As Atiku Fumbles In Handling PDP Internal Crises / Keyamo: In Areas Buhari's Government Did Well, Tinubu Will Continue / Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by TheNigerianPers: 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
It's no longer news that the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari is dead. The way the government handled this case has shown most of what is wrong in our polity. Some of these I will list below and you can add yours.

1. Abba Kyari was in Germany to strike a deal for Nigeria
- This in itself is a good thing but travelling at that time when the news of COVID 19 was rife worldwide is irresponsible. It was at a time when Nigerians on Social media had been calling on the Federal Government to close the borders while the government saw no reason to.

2. Abba Kyari failed to self isolate after arrival
- The government could have ensured the quarantine or imposed self isolation on all returnees from abroad and this would have kept us from this present mess of community transmission of the virus. Abba Kyari ended up infecting other high profile Nigerians.

3. On testing positive, Abba Kyari was moved to a private facility
- This further shows how much distrust government officials have for our health system while failing to take necessary actions to put it in shape. Unlike UK where her Prime Minister was treated under the NHS, Abba Kyari, against the NCDC guidelines was managed in a private facility. It further created hatred towards him and the Federal Government by the public.

4. Abba Kyari's burial was against public health guidelines - According to the health Minister, Corpses of COvID 19 victims would not be handled by the relatives of the victims. This was not the case for Abba Kyari who was not cremated as expected but whose burial arrangement was done in Abuja and by people who obviously were not public health workers.

5. Abba Kyari's remains handler was seen dumping used PPE by the road side.
- This is the height of it. Nigerians are enraged that the handler has put himself, his family and so many other people at risk. Watch video evidences of this below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Mtz6Qqw_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LLtEPi0TbU
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Na these mallams dey cause wahala for this country cheesy. That's why sensitisation is highly essential in the north in particular and Nigeria in general....applying the same energy of pre-election campaigns of 2019. I learnt no single health worker was part of that team who participated in handling of abba kyari's remains. See the way the handler removed the PPE, omg shocked.

He was supposed to have been properly sanitized/disinfected before allowing him to remove the PPE to avoid infection and transmission. At times, these people behave like semi-human beings. I see the north becoming an epicentre in no time. My concern is, they'd still find their way down south the way abba kyari did.
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by majamajic(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Speechless

The undertaker used ordinary hand to package his wears and dump it on the road side ,

This country
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by johnkay1(m): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Very bad
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by Clemsilver45: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
I tire for this country.. Is just so annoying
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by Aidejay(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
I didn't learn anything new from this topic.
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by Notyamate(f): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
fairfora:
Na these mallams dey cause wahala for this country cheesy. That's why sensitisation is highly essential in the north in particular and Nigeria in general....applying the same energy of pre-election campaigns of 2019. I learnt no single health worker was part of that team who participated in handling of abba kyari's remains. See the way the handler removed the PPE, omg shocked.

He was supposed to have been properly sanitized/disinfected before allowing him to remove the PPE to avoid infection and transmission. At times, these people behave like semi-human beings. I see the north becoming an epicentre in no time. My concern is, they'd still find their way down south the way abba kyari did.

How will any sane health worker be there Look at them, no social distancing whatsoever.
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by olivegirl(f): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
First they broke lockdown rules by flying him from Abuja to Lagos.

Then they treated him privately at First Cardiology in Ikoyi despite positivity and isolating other positive members of the public in isolation centre, some people by force despite personal protests.

Then they flew his Covid 19 positive body back to the Federal Capital Territory for burial.

Then they released his body for burial contrary to what Lai Mohammed said that Covid 19 dead bodies cannot be released for burial.

Then almost 500 - 1000 people gathered for the burial effectively breaking Federal Government rule that not more than 20 or even 50people can gather at a point in time.

Then, they dug a shallow grave for the body in the centre of town, gudu cemetry.

And some there neither wore masks or any other PPE especially the grave diggers.

A man in Green native without PPE even touched the body whilst helping the workers in PPE.

Some workers in PPE were even seen touching their faces and goggles after touching the body with some's clothes visibly running the dead body under from their PPE as they lowered the body into the shallow grave.

And the body was buried in just white traditional robes. No protection nothing for the people, or the environment.

No protection from possible thieves/scavengers who may want to come scavenge dead bodies in the middle of the night after burial.

No accounting for or planning that every one at the burial must self isolate for 14 days after the burial.

How is this leading by example? How does a government make the rules and then shamelessly break the rules on National Television for all to see.

I am ashamed of this government. And this, reminds me of the novel titled Animal farm...

Abuja should brace for impact in the next 14days.
Re: All The Things The Government Did Wrong In Handling Abba Kyari's Case by OpinionPoll: 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
True talk @op

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Attacks IPOB Again / You Can't Hate Orji Uzor Kalu, At The Same Time, Love Tunubu. / Oyo: Makinde Triumphs Against APC Sacked Council Chairmen At Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.