Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! (787 Views)

Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? / Flying Eagles Defeat Benin Republic To Emerge WAFU Zone B Champions / Which Is More Painful Between Relationship Heartbreak & Betslip? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by Preciousgirl(f): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Since lockdown is here, let's take some time to do some soccer reminiscing. What defeat in history has been the most painful ever for the super eagles? I will pick the 2000 AFCOn finals against Cameroon. Share yours
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by SLAP44: 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Loss to Denmark in France 98

1 Like

Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by funshint(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
Definitely Nigeria-Cameroon 2000. Don't even want to remember it again.

1 Like

Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by DanseMacabre(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Me na that match wey Sani Kaita collect red card for South Africa 2010. I vex so tey I don forget whether na South Korea or Greece sef.
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by alexsoftwork(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
SLAP44:

I was coming to say this.
Indomie generation will never understand the pain.
Sand and stone score against us. na small remain water for score against us.

But the super eagle player wey I no go ever forget, na yakubu ayegbeni .

1 Like

Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by SLAP44: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
alexsoftwork:

I was coming to say this.
Indomie generation will never understand the pain.
Sand and stone score against us. na small remain water for score against us.

But the super eagle player wey I no go ever forget, na yakubu ayegbeni .

The most painful moment of that match was a shot going wide but Peter Ruffai dived full length to keep the ball in play only for Igor Sand to do the easiest of tap ins.

1 Like

Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by elyte89: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
I would say Italy vs Nigeria (USA 94) cool
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by robosky02(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nigeria 1 vs Italy 2

Few minutes to make history... At. USA 94

1 Like

Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by okuya: 1:32am On Apr 19, 2020
USA 94: 2--1 loss to Italy
A game in which we dominated and had just 2mins to move into the quarter finals, but lost due to two reasons .
#bad substitution by the coach clemens westerHoff
When one of our top winger/striker and only
Scorer in that match, Emmanuel Amunike was taken out by the Italians through an injury, instead of replacing him with Victor Ikpoeba nicknamed the "The Prince of Monaco (one of the hottest strikers in Europe at that moment ) , he brought in a defender
After the tournament the famous Jurgen Klinsmann who was his partner in Monaco said he was shocked that the prince of Monaco, ,the rave of the moment went to the world cup and didn't kick a single ball

Secondly was the overconfidence and exuberance of the players like okocha who Was showboating
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by ATTemi: 2:16am On Apr 19, 2020
None to mention aside 1989 FIFA YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP, Nigeria VS Ussr u20.

Not super eagles though.
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by toffyz(m): 3:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Mine as well is the 2005 under 20 world cup in Holland.

Our lost against Argentina in the Final.

That small devil did the damage then.

So painful to me personally, because the boys really put up a great performance throughout the Finals.

Two penalty kicks in a Final is damn too harsh!
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by Galactico4ever(m): 5:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Mine is that 1-0 loss during the 2006 world cup qualifier against angola
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by minfelix(m): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2020
D most recent Mahrez last minutes strike... Ahhh akpeyi oo... Alg 2-1 Nig
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by OTayobami(m): 7:37am On Apr 19, 2020
minfelix:
D most recent Mahrez last minutes strike... Ahhh akpeyi oo... Alg 2-1 Nig

Ayayayayayayayai!
When Onyekuru was lying on the floor lol, that match was final before final of the tournament o and assuming we had won Algeria, we would have had our 4th afcon or so
Re: The Most Painful Super Eagles Defeat Ever! by sageb: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
SLAP44:
Ebbe sand just enter via substitution,them play the corner sand score. Chai! I vex for that match heeen. Two years later, Ikpeba controversial penalty miss in NIG/Ghana 2000 broke my heart.

(1) (Reply)

Betking Basketball Special Rollover / Leicester City Fans Chanting KELECHI Iheanacho’s In A Praise Song: VIDEO / Arsenal Finally Signs A Word Class Player From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.