Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. (1051 Views)

Mozilla Announces Layoffs As Its Money-making Machine Doesn’t Make Enough Money / Monetizing Your Blog / Monetizing Your Short Videos on Yamorn in 6 Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
Blogging is hard because people are not treating it like a business.

Sell your own damn products. Don’t monetize with ads. That’s a fools errand.

You will hear success stories about people making thousands of dollars through Adsense but the truth is, it’s hard to pull off.

For every 1 person making it with the ad model, there are 1 million others failing and can’t even crack $1 a year.

You need a huge amount of traffic to make any meaningful amount of money if you are monetizing with ads.

That game is long outdated.

So what to do?

Sell your own damn product.

I have a client that started a blog around swimming pools. They sell swimming pools.

One sale makes them 5 million+ in profit.

They don’t need huge traffic to do this.

Last year they sold 2. Made 10m in pure profit.

Guess how many total unique visitors they had all through last year?

Less than a 5000.

Good luck making 10 million Naira with 5,000 unique visitors a year with Adsense.

TL;DR?

Step 1:

Find a very expensive product and create a landing page for it on your blog with persuasive copy.

Step 2:

Blog on topics related to your expensive product.

Step 3:

Promote those post and wait for SEO to kick in.

Step 4: Get paid.

This is how the big boys do it. Stop playing in the small league.

4 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Sugarcious(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Very correct �
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:03am On Apr 19, 2020
You don’t have an expensive product to sell?

Doesn’t matter.

I sell private jets.

I sell black Mercedes G wagons.

I sell swimming pools.

I sell industrial machines.

Here’s the funny part:

I don’t have any of these products.

I just throw up a site selling these products. I push traffic to the site.

If anyone interested reaches out,

I contact a business that sells the product and connect them.

How do I get paid?

In commission.

I go as high as 10% sometimes.

That’s why I recommend you do expensive products/services.

If I sell a car worth 10million.

I can ask for 1 million in commission.

And you know what’s even funnier?:

Sometimes all it takes is 100 visitors.

If your copy is tight, you drive relevant traffic and you nail everything else so you look credible, this stuff can happen.

Not saying it’s easy.

But this is how to do online business.

Don’t be lazy and just resort to ‘imma plug in Adsense’ so you make 0.50 dollars per click.

Are you kidding me.

Type in Real estate agency in Lagos on Google.

There are companies on the first page selling tens of millions of Naira homes. Moving weight.

They are not splashing ads on their sites. They are doing real big boy business.

This is how you make money online.

Stop being a pussy.

Stand up and go fucking break balls.

You can do it.

Stop being a click merchant.

4 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by henrykene(m): 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
This is quite intriguing to start affiliate marketing blog, but to sustain a blog existence, you will obviously need the AdSense for a start.

However, as an SEO professional with over 8 years experience in the field, i have a special way to improve AdSense CPC earning to yield something very substantial.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:04am On Apr 20, 2020
henrykene:
This is quite intriguing to start affiliate marketing blog, but to sustain a blog existence, you will obviously need the AdSense for a start.

However, as an SEO professional with over 8 years experience in the field, i have a special way to improve AdSense CPC earning to yield something very substantial.

How do you need to sustain a blog existence with only Adsense in the beginning?

99% of real businesses online don’t use Adsense.

A blog is not a business.

A blog is a marketing channel.

The Adsense model came from the old traditional media era.

Radio, TV and newspaper.

The old wisdom is that you should open the doors of your blog as wide as possible because it’s the best way to acquire the most readers.

So people blog about celebrities, sports, show is gossips etc.

Once hooked, readers can be sold ads.

This is how old media operated. It’s where the Adsense model stole the idea.

Newspapers for example did this by including something for everyone. Crossword puzzles, editorials, comics, news stories.

But most of it was mediocre.

Same thing with the Adsense blogs. 99.9% of them are piss poor in quality.

You know why people used to visit them a lot back then even if they were mostly garbage?

Little choice.

Not anymore.

The very best content in any category online is now a click away.

I don’t need to visit Linda Ikeji anymore to follow a trending news story. I have my list on twitter now.

For the first time in the internet age, there’s now an abundance of options.

The best strategy now is to focus on a tiny little niche and write high quality content for just that niche. Forget monetizing with ads because that won’t make sense for something so specific and tiny.

Instead sell your own products.

Start a swimming pool blog and write about swimming pools from every angle you can think of.

Make your post quality with loads of pictures and stories.

Make it the best swimming pool blog in Nigeria.

Show and write stories about some of the best in Nigeria.

Do detailed reviews about Hotels with the best pools.

On a page on your site, sell swimming pool construction. Olympic size, infinity pools etc.

Look for swimming pools aficionados online. Promote your posts/offers to them.

Don’t worry about selling $0.5 clicks.

That’s laughable.

You playing the long term game.

You know a single sale can net you millions.

How many ad clicks do you have to sell to make 1 million with $1 clicks using Adsense?

1,000,000 clicks.

How many sales do you have to make to make 1m+ with a swimming pool blog selling infinity swimming pools.

You choose: 1,000,000 clicks vs 1 sale.

I know what my answer is.

4 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Sparekey(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

Radio, TV and newspaper.

The old wisdom is that you should open the doors of your blog as wide as possible because it’s the best way to acquire the most readers.

Newspapers for example did this by including something for everyone. Crossword puzzles, editorials, comics, news stories.

You know why people used to visit them a lot back then even if they were mostly garbage?

Little choice.

Not anymore.

I don’t need to visit Linda Ikeji anymore to follow a trending news story. I have my list on twitter now.

The best strategy now is to focus on a tiny little niche and write high quality content for just that niche. Forget monetizing with ads because that won’t make sense for something so specific and tiny.

Start a swimming pool blog and write about swimming pools from every angle you can think of.

On a page on your site, sell swimming pool construction. Olympic size, infinity pools etc.

That’s laughable.

How many ad clicks do you have to sell to make 1 million with $1 clicks using Adsense?

1,000,000 clicks.

How many sales do you have to make to make 1m+ with a swimming pool blog selling infinity swimming pools.

Sorry to disturb you bro. Pls can you teach me how to make money from my twitter account. Pls.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:09pm On May 10, 2020
Sparekey:

Sorry to disturb you bro. Pls can you teach me how to make money from my twitter account. Pls.

You are not disturbing at all.

Happy to help.

Mail me at the address in the signature and let’s have a chat. Make the subject line ‘how to make money with twitter.’

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 12:18am On May 19, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

Radio, TV and newspaper.

Little choice.

Not anymore.

That’s laughable.

1,000,000 clicks.

I have sent you a mail via taiwo.suleiman@yahoo.com. Please do reply. Thanks.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by henrykene(m): 3:24pm On May 25, 2020
AdSense is profitable, but affiliate marketing is way better. The problem with affiliate marketing is that you must know how to do the realest blogging in the right sense
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Monetizing Your Blog With Adsense doesn’t Make Any Sense. by shopiesfy(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2020
This is great!

Very optimistic !!

I really appreciated !!

Nichesiteseo:
You don’t have an expensive product to sell?

Doesn’t matter.

I sell private jets.

I sell black Mercedes G wagons.

I sell swimming pools.

I sell industrial machines.

Here’s the funny part:

I don’t have any of these products.

I just throw up a site selling these products. I push traffic to the site.

If anyone interested reaches out,

I contact a business that sells the product and connect them.

How do I get paid?

In commission.

I go as high as 10% sometimes.

That’s why I recommend you do expensive products/services.

If I sell a car worth 10million.

I can ask for 1 million in commission.

And you know what’s even funnier?:

Sometimes all it takes is 100 visitors.

If your copy is tight, you drive relevant traffic and you nail everything else so you look credible, this stuff can happen.

Not saying it’s easy.

But this is how to do online business.

Don’t be lazy and just resort to ‘imma plug in Adsense’ so you make 0.50 dollars per click.

Are you kidding me.

Type in Real estate agency in Lagos on Google.

There are companies on the first page selling tens of millions of Naira homes. Moving weight.

They are not splashing ads on their sites. They are doing real big boy business.

This is how you make money online.

Stop being a pussy.

Stand up and go fucking break balls.

You can do it.

Stop being a click merchant.

(1) (Reply)

. / The New Blogger Beta / Dont Know Which Area Of I.t To Be On?i'm Confused: Experts Give Advice Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.