Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Career Advice Needed From Both Bankers And Engineers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Needed From Both Bankers And Engineers (228 Views)

Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / How Much Do Bankers Earn In Nigeria? / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Advice Needed From Both Bankers And Engineers by Chrbhny: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Good day everyone.

During these trying time when it seems the worst is on us, I wish everyone good health and endurance.I hope everyone comes out strong, healthy and ready for a wonderful future.

I need your advice.

I'm a recent graduate and an engineer.
I started a bank's training school which is to end this month and we are paid allowances each month, a good sum by the way.
However I just got a new engineering job and a better pay which is to start June. I have accepted the job offer and signed all relevant documents.

I don't want to quit the training school untill it is over, the reason being that the allowance is important for my survival and I am also enjoying the training school.

do you think it is right for me to stay till the end of the training school, receive the allowance then quit the job, or should I quit now and forfeit the allowance of the training school?

All advice is welcomed. Thanks
Re: Career Advice Needed From Both Bankers And Engineers by Chrbhny: 6:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Advice needed
Re: Career Advice Needed From Both Bankers And Engineers by Mukah1234(m): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2020
Good morning.

One may want to believe your best option is completing training school, get the allowance, quit the job and move on to your new job which of course pays more and in line with what you studied in school.

Believe me, this is not as easy as that. Some companies in Nigeria especially banks have an employment clause which states that a new employee will have to remain in the bank within a specified period of time usually between 6-12months.

You have to confirm that a clause like this does not exist within the bank. If yes, also confirm that this have not been signed by you.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Job Opening / deleted post / Career Options After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.