Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail (5612 Views)

Tragedy, The World's Shortest Man Dies / INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail / The World's Shortest IQ Test Is On 3 Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Xantixane(f): 5:32am On Apr 19, 2020
Fancy yourself as a bit of a brainbox? While these three questions might seem easy enough to confirm yourself as being a genius, the answers might make you think again.
THREE questions separate you from being of average intelligence and full-blown brainbox – but are they as easy as they seem?
The Cognitive Reflection Test has been hailed as the world’s shortest IQ test because it features just three questions.
These three questions are much harder than they seem
Each one is designed to assess your abilities to identify a simple problem that might actually be harder than it first appears.
Not only do boffins claim that getting the right answer is a sign of genius, but also the time frame in which you come up with your solution.
Take the world's shortest IQ test

1. A bat and a ball cost N1.10 in total. The bat costs N1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size.If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Now you’ve had a crack at the questions, the chances are you answered 10kobo for question 1, 100 minutes for question 2 and 24 days for question 3.
If you did, you are wrong.

Click the link below to see the correct answers to the test, and the workings behind each.

https://clacified.com/en/education/news/short-and-sweet-take-a-shot-at-the-worlds-shortest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Humanoid01(m): 5:38am On Apr 19, 2020
2. 5 minutes.
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by segebobo: 5:42am On Apr 19, 2020
Xantixane:
Fancy yourself as a bit of a brainbox? While these three questions might seem easy enough to confirm yourself as being a genius, the answers might make you think again.
THREE questions separate you from being of average intelligence and full-blown brainbox – but are they as easy as they seem?
The Cognitive Reflection Test has been hailed as the world’s shortest IQ test because it features just three questions.
Each one is designed to assess your abilities to identify a simple problem that might actually be harder than it first appears.
Not only do boffins claim that getting the right answer is a sign of genius, but also the time frame in which you come up with your solution.

1. A bat and a ball cost N1.10 in total. The bat costs N1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size.If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Now you’ve had a crack at the questions, the chances are you answered 10kobo for question 1, 100 minutes for question 2 and 24 days for question 3.

Click the link below to see the correct answers to the test, and the workings behind each.

https://clacified.com/en/education/news/short-and-sweet-take-a-shot-at-the-worlds-shortest
1. N0. 05
2. 5 minutes
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Ereolamide: 5:56am On Apr 19, 2020
1. 0.05
2. 5 minutes
3. 47 days

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by FatherBona: 6:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Xantixane:

Like if you still don't understand a word said here

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Galactico4ever(m): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2020
Wow! I only got 1&3
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 19, 2020
0.09kobo
5mins
47days.

Piece of cake

1 Like

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Goalnaldo(m): 7:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:
0.09kobo
5mins
47days.

Piece of cake
please show your workings let me learn
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Goalnaldo:
please show your workings let me learn
1.10 bat and ball. Bat is 1:00 more. That means there must be a difference between the price of bat Nd ball. I chose. 09 because it gives a difference of 0.01

Even if 1000 machines are used it's still the same time

Patch doubles in size everyday that means at day 47 it was at half the lake, at day 48 it doubled to fill it. Shey you get

3 Likes

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Goalnaldo(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:

1.10 bat and ball. Bat is 1:00 more. That means there must be a difference between the price of bat Nd ball. I chose. 09 because it gives a difference of 0.01

Patch doubles in size everyday that means at day 47 it was at half the lake, at day 48 it doubled to fill it. Shey you get
if you didn't see the answer by clicking the link then I must say you are a genius. Good morning bro
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2020
Goalnaldo:
if you didn't see the answer by clicking the link then I must say you are a genius. Good morning bro
I don't click links. It's logical. If the link got my answer then the blogger is a genius. We eat this for breakfast. Morning goalnaldo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Goalnaldo(m): 7:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:

I don't click links. It's logical. If the link got my answer then the blogger is a genius. We eat this for breakfast. Morning goalnaldo.
Chai no wonder you are so intelligent. Your comments here cracks me up. You might excel in stand up comedy cheesy
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nickshrapnel: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:
0.09kobo
5mins
47days.

Piece of cake
1. Ought to be N0.5
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Oghenerobo2002(m): 7:47am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=Shibaraba post=88604383]

Patch doubles in size everyday that means at day 47 it was at half the lake, at day 48 it doubled to fill it. Shey you
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:

Did question 1 not say 'a bat'?
1.10 bat and ball. Let me put comma for you. 1.10, bat and ball.
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by WINDSOW(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:
0.09kobo
5mins
47days.

Piece of cake
you missed number 1

3 Likes

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by rossychik(f): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2020
I only got no two because something similar was as an interview for my friend. Hers was, if five minutes is used to boil one egg how many minutes will be used to boil five eggs. And she failed it, I had to learn from her
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by danielistics(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2020
FatherBona:

Like if you still don't understand a word said here

1. 0.05
2. 5 minutes
3. 47 minutes
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Sadsoulnow: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2020
Xantixane:

Number 1 is 1.05..
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by dprpikin: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2020
Xantixane:

1) N0.05

2) 5 minutes

3) 32 days

Modified: 47 days should be the correct answer for number three.
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by marrok: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Do you have a smartphone? Are you a student, a driver, a trader, or even jobless and want to make atleast 20k weekly without much stress? All you need is a smartphone with internet connection, to participate in this opportunity.

Can you spend 10mins daily online and you can be making at least 20k weekly from your smartphone.

If you’re tired of being broke just like I was when I came across this amazing opportunity then text my WhatsApp number( 08162432537) so I can give you the link to the WhatsApp Group

Please don’t hit me up if you’re not ready to stop brokeness

Limited Offers Available
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by dprpikin: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:

I think that your number one is wrong.
The bat is N1 more, hence subtract one naira from their total cost: 1.10 -- 1 = 0.10
Divide the remainder into two equal halves: 0.1/2 = 0.05

2 Likes

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by revolt(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Goalnaldo:
my goodness...this is no IQ test. Not so easy but def not so hard
Apart from the 1st answer which I still feel is .10 or 10 cents the rest are pretty easy..

1 Like

Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Ereolamide:
1. 0.05
2. 5 minutes
3. 47 days
Exactly my answers.
The questions are from proportion and word problems leading to simple equations
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2020
dprpikin:

The bat is N1 more, hence subtract one naira from their total cost: 1.10 -- 1 = 0.10
Kindly explain why it should be divided by two.
The law that binds division also binds subtraction. To the minimal. As long as the end result is still greater than one. This bat can be from 1.01 to 1.05. An exact figure wasn't given.
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2020
rossychik:
I only got no two because something similar was as an interview for my friend. Hers was, if five minutes is used to boil one egg how many minutes will be used to boil five eggs. And she failed it, I had to learn from her
Go and study proportion in mathematics to learn more on it.
This is an example of compound proportion. The question no 2 above is a complex proportion. And they are all interesting to learn.
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
These are maths questions or is IQ the same as maths?
I know a lot of smart people who are very bad at mathematics
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by dprpikin: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:

Kindly explain why it should be divided by two.
The law that binds division also binds subtraction. To the minimal. As long as the end result is still greater than one. This bat can be from 1.01 to 1.05. An exact figure wasn't given.

The difference in there costs must be equal to one, that is what the question says.

If you put 1.01 for the bat, for instance, the cost of the ball becomes 0.09, then difference in there costs becomes:

1.01-- 0.09 = 0.92

And 0.92 is not equal to 1.

Hope you get it now?
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by toffyz(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2020
0.05 ( 0.05 + 1.05= 1.10)
5min
47days
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by susan254: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
Nice Idea

Watch and subscribe to our channel to stay updated to our comedy videos follow link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILVOq0aLW8c
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2020
I got em all.

I am not surprised
Re: Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail by ABCthings: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2020
dprpikin:

Why are you dividing by two?

@Op
I did all in a few seconds.
Too cheap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Futo Admission List To Be Released By November / Kasu.edu.ng / Yabatech Postutme Subject Combination For Mass Comm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.