Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos (906 Views)

Vigilante Shoots Hairdresser Dead In Ikorodu, Runs / Vigilante Shoots Gang Leader & His Gang Members,legs To Be Amputated (Graphic) / Vigilante Shoots Self Dead To Prove Charm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by money121(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Residents of Victory Estate, Iba, Lagos, were thrown into chaos early on Saturday morning when a footballer identified as Steven Benson Doubra, 23, was allegedly shot and fatally wounded by a vigilante.

An eye witness told our correspondent that the victim and other youths had been working with the vigilance group to keep watch over their area since the news of the dreaded One Million Boys who now operate in various parts of Lagos State filtered in that they were coming to raid the area.

After the night watch, the victim was allegedly accosted on his way home by the Zone 3 chairman, who is popularly known as James. The two got into an argument which led to the shooting.

A cousin to the victim told newsmen that ”Steven was shot after he was confronted by the chairman when they finished the vigilance job and were all going home. He was shot at the junction but he managed to get to our family house.

When he entered the compound, he fell down. I rushed out to see him in a pool of blood. I ran back inside to call others but before I came out he had been taken away on a bike by the vigilance group chairman.

“They had an issue before yesterday; James threatened him but we didn’t take it seriously only for him to shoot Steven early this morning.”

As of the time of filing the report angry youths had gathered around the chairman’s house vandalising properties, protesting the shooting incident.

Meanwhile, the chairman’s whereabouts is still unknown since he disappeared with the wounded victim.

One of the police officers from Adoff Police Station told our reporter that they came to restore peace to the community and to prevent the youths from taking laws into their hands.

The victim’s father who was distraught said he prayed his son was still alive. Steven is the third of his six children.

Source: https://www.today.ng/news/metro/protest-vigilante-shoots-colleague-lagos-292896

lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by money121(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Lagos Unrest
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by xreal: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2020
Animals in the zoo.
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by Nukilia: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2020
This is what will happen when Amotekun finally comes onboard. They'll kill the people they're meant to protect... sad

2 Likes

Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by josen16322(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
D chairman want 2 go and chop d guy or wat
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by Tocynone(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2020
So what now happens if gun is legalized in Nigeria
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by EzzyCarter: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2020
Steven no dey hear word. I haven't met a Steven who isn't stubborn till date grin
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by Perfecttouchade: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
When the government fail to perform their duties in protecting it's citizens. Nigeria is in total mess already, things might go worse
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by Passionate888: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
Who noticed that ASS?
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by AudioNews(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala wickedness
I knw it must be from dat sid

2 Likes

Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by illicit(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
but where is amotekun
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by coronavirus19: 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
AudioNews:
Son, i lld visit u se
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by knowhowk: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
AudioNews:
. You are this Tribalistic ,You are looking for someone in the forces to help you to NDA and all you do to get such favour is to exhibit Your stupidity along ethnic line ...
Re: Protest As Vigilante Shoots Colleague In Lagos by MiniMiniPoPoPo: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
afonjaitus melitus! grin

(1) (Reply)

IMSU Lecturer Caught Pants Down / Police Arrest A Jobless Man For Trying To Kill Him Self,court Grants Him N200,00 / Police Men Involved In A Fatal Accident On Airport Road Akure(graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.