Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff (933 Views)

Wike Bows To Pressure, Addresses EndSars Protesters (video) / Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order / Wike Bows To Greet Jonathan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by zikter(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Breaking: Wike bows to pressure, releases 22 Exxonmobil staff
ON APRIL 19, 202012:08 By Victor Young Following the directive of Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, to its members to shut down operations and all activities at the nation’s oil rigs and export terminals over the continued detention of 21 offshore members by the Rivers State, Wike Sunday bowed to pressure and released the detainees. Recall that Wike had on Thursday arrested the staff over alleged violation of the State Executive Order restricting movement across the state. He had vowed to deal with them, noting that he had prepared for legal battle against Exxonmobil. Wike also said that he was not afraid of anybody including those in Abuja, saying that he does not receive orders from them. READ ALSO: No excuse for not securing lives of Rivers people, says Wike He reiterated his commitment towards building, developing, securing and protecting the lives and properties of Rivers people. However, Wike on Sunday made a U-turn, and released the detainees. A statement from Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media, quoted Rivers states Attorney General as saying, “They were released following interventions by well-meaning Nigerians.” Adangor is said to have monitored release of the oil workers at the State Isolation Centre at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt, stressing that Rivers Government remains resolute on implementing her measures to check the spread of coronavirus.
Details later:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/breaking-wike-bows-to-pressure-releases-22-exxonmobil-staff/
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Awodijames: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
good one, I believe the FG intervened through back door, Wike is protecting the people of the state,
all petrol and gas staff should wear PPE grin it's high time we take life serious

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Millenniumlady(f): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
But he gave them tough time cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by StreetFight: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Who born monkey?

Just a phone call from the Attorney General of the Federation reminding the stubborn goat Nyezom Wine of who controls the Police, Army, DSS and the Prisons and how past stubborn governors were removed by Olusegun Obasanjo, Wine shivers and crawled back into his wife's pussy.

Big men don't shout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by princeade86(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
I believe they begged him, not bowed to any pressure. Can u threaten wike

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Charleys: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
Money don pass under the table

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by StreetFight: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
princeade86:
I believe they begged him, not bowed to any pressure. Can u threaten wike

Buhari begged Wike. You are a Comedian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Businext: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
He really had no choice
He'd have had to release them some day

#LetsPursuePeace
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Libo45: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
He was just being silly. So did he test them to know their status before releasing them? No. He was just using them as a bait to get the FG's attention. He should have allowed oil workers to strike so the economy including that of his state to suffer

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by contigiency(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wike is a noisy tout.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by 35824L: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
The new commissioner of police was going to release them anyway without wike's permission. He will no longer be allowed to behave with impunity henceforth.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by rusep: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
He realized that by the time they withdraw all his security details he will be in trouble.
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by dammiecool(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
35824L:
The new commissioner of police was going to release them anyway without wike's permission. He will no longer be allowed to behave with impunity henceforth.

U r not far from the truth......great thinking grin
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by festacman(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wiked
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by princeade86(m): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
StreetFight:

Buhari begged Wike. You are a Comedian.
did I say buhari begged wike? Or did u ever read it in any news that buhari intervene in the matter. So people involved can't apologize right? Oga oooooo.
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Activistman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
After using them to gather attention.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by EngrLight: 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wike the wicked Fayose Brother. But seriously it's so wrong to allow big companies to operate while small business owners are ask to stay indoors. How do we survive

Mehn I really envy salary workers this period of time lockdown
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by yanabasee(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Conversation between Buhari and Wike be like..:-

Buhari: Wike, how are you?

Wike: I'm good my president. How's everything?

Buhari: Inshallah, I yum ghood..

Wike: Good to know, My president.

Buhari: I gave you an instruction to release them and you went on media to talk nonsense... Who is your mate??

Wike: I am very sorry my president.

Buhari: I'm not in a good mood right now... I will not say it again, if you do not release them, I will make sure all your atrocities will be exposed and I will ensure that you are impeached and your deputy will take over power while I will have your grave digger next to Abba Kyari's shallow grave!!

Wike: I will release them today sir....

Buhari: Good boy!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Choose your battles wisely..
Re: Breaking: Wike Bows To Pressure, Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2020

(1)

Obaseki's Disqualification: Here's The Full News And His Speculated Next Move. / Nnamdi Kanu: The Spark In Nigeria's Store Of Explosive / Akeredolu Gave Ondo Assembly Members N10m Each To Impeach Me, Deputy Gov Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.