Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

How Can I Get An NGO Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Get An NGO Job? (53803 Views)

An NGO Job Opportunities / NGO Job / Fresh Graduate NGO Job At FHI 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by adakedajor(m): 10:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
Working with an NGO or non profit is really interesting and its a process for you to learn so much about the social matters with the context of the community it operates.

I can help you with so much information about what Non profit organizations are looking for while opportunity for job abound.

But first,

forget about what you want to join such organizations to get! Focus on what value you want to add to the organization.

Remember; Working with an NGO means you are ready to be the CHANGE in a particular area of a cause!

Also be ready to be teachable! You dont know you might just start one tomorrow.

I work with SMEFUNDS, a Chicago based non profit focusing on small enterprise investment in Africa.

SMEFUNDS would be starting a pilot project on an Internet based microfinance project in Nigeria this year and have started to receive application from interested Volunteers that might be interested to work with the organization.

Read more about the work and activities of SMEFUNDS via;

http://www.smefunds.com

http://www.adoptasme.com

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Jamesjig: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2009
In this time of Global Economic depression, were the naira is falling speedily. Many Nigerians are been self employed by participating in paid surveys/google.
That can generate at least $500 monthly. When i first tried this package (online survey package), i did it with the mind of risk taking, now i know it is better to take risk than remain passive.

There are countless genuine ways to make money online. All you need is internet connection.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chom: 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
Guys i also need an ngo work,who s gonna hook me up wit one.my email is screamchomye@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by shaddie(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2009
I'm surprised to see the number of people in this thread that showed interest in working for NGO. Though some claimed that is because of the passion and some because of the money, some because of the exposure (though didn't have the time to read all the responses cause of my tight schedule). You are all not far from the truth. But I must tell you this, if you're the type interested only in the monetary aspect, then go far NGO's that are working in HIV/AIDS prevention and management- that's where the money is. This is because since it's discovery in 1980's, there's hasn't been any issue that has received widespread publicity, attention and funding like HIV/AIDS. Thus, Developed countries (US,UK,Canada etc), International Organisations put together billions of dollars every year to fight against the scourge of HIV/AIDS (Global Fund for HIV/AIDS) and a substantial portion of this amount comes to Africa where the cataclysmic impact of the scourge cannot be taken lightly.

Thus we have a lot of International NGO's into HIV/AIDS in Africa. However, the largest funding for HIV/AIDS comes from the coffers of the USG. The have a PEPFAR (US President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief) program that permeates all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria and Africa at large. In Nigeria, most of the big NGO's are funded by this grant. But there are also those International NGO's that are funded by very large orgainsations or very wealthy individuals such as Clinton Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Jimmy Carter, Nelson Mandela Foundations etc. On the whole, all these NGO's are international in nature and have a very high standard as they are supervised by USAID and US Center for Disesase Control (CDC) or other int'l orgs.

Thus I want to disabuse the mind of those people who thought all that's required for you to be in such NGO's is passion. It's beyond that. You have to be a professional to the core to even have a chance of coming close to such organisations. Their standards can only be equated with that of mainstream international NGO's such as World BAnk, UN, US Embassy USAID etc. Thus, for you to be able to work with such NGO's you must be someone who can be able to work in the int'l orgs. mentioned above because you must be able to stand up to your international colleagues that come from different countries. Infact, the interview I attended was conducted by World Bank Professionals on behalf of the NGO. This is to give you an idea of the calibre of employees such NGO's are looking for.

Oh Sorry I have to go, I have a lot of things waiting for my attention. But I must warn you, the workload is something else however, they have a good welfare package for their employees, the exposure they'll give you can only be matched by those working in mainstream int'l orgs. (should have told that I left an international Oil Co. to join the NGO and I'm now in relaxing Abuja instead of Niger Delta with their militants wahala)

Good luck to you all

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by shaddie(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
I'm surprised to see the number of people in this thread that showed interest in working for NGO. Though some claimed that is because of the passion and some because of the money, some because of the exposure (though didn't have the time to read all the responses cause of my tight schedule). You are all not far from the truth. But I must tell you this, if you're the type interested only in the monetary aspect, then go far NGO's that are working in HIV/AIDS prevention and management- that's where the money is. This is because since it's discovery in 1980's, there's hasn't been any issue that has received widespread publicity, attention and funding like HIV/AIDS. Thus, Developed countries (US,UK,Canada etc), International Organisations put together billions of dollars every year to fight against the scourge of HIV/AIDS (Global Fund for HIV/AIDS) and a substantial portion of this amount comes to Africa where the cataclysmic impact of the scourge cannot be taken lightly.

Thus we have a lot of International NGO's into HIV/AIDS in Africa. However, the largest funding for HIV/AIDS comes from the coffers of the USG. The have a PEPFAR (US President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief) program that permeates all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria and Africa at large. In Nigeria, most of the big NGO's are funded by this grant. But there are also those International NGO's that are funded by very large orgainsations or very wealthy individuals such as Clinton Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Jimmy Carter, Nelson Mandela Foundations etc. On the whole, all these NGO's are international in nature and have a very high standard as they are supervised by USAID and US Center for Disesase Control (CDC) or other int'l orgs.  

Thus I want to disabuse the mind of those people who thought all that's required for you to be in such NGO's is passion. It's beyond that. You have to be a professional to the core to even have a chance of coming close to such organisations. Their standards can only be equated with that of mainstream international NGO's such as World BAnk, UN, US Embassy USAID etc. Thus, for you to be able to work with such NGO's you must be someone who can be able to work in the int'l orgs. mentioned above because you must be able to stand up to your international colleagues that come from different countries. Infact, the interview I attended was conducted by World Bank Professionals on behalf of the NGO. This is to give you an idea of the calibre of employees such NGO's are looking for.

Oh Sorry I have to go, I have a lot of things waiting for my attention. But I must warn you, the workload is something else however, they have a good welfare package for their employees, the exposure they'll give you can only be matched by those working in mainstream int'l orgs. (should have  told that I left an international Oil Co. to join the NGO and I'm now in relaxing Abuja instead of Niger Delta with their militants wahala)

Good luck to you all
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by mafiaguy: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2009
Hello peeps,
I'm also interested working with an NGO,i would prefer working with youths and the charity.Holla me with informations.Thanks to u all,i'm out.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by mrlizo: 3:05am On Feb 26, 2009
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by marymark(f): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2009
hi there aisha, i also love to work with an ngo. i was also involved in MDG while serving and i have passion for Hiv/Aids and women empowerment areas. pls kindly direct me though i reside in lagos but dont mind relocating even to a village, my email addy is marymark01@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by hollerb(m): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2009
hi everyone.
I am the President of a young NGO; organisation of success achievers. The NGO was founded by 6young boys who saw the need to empower today's youth for a better tommorow. They hold semiars and they even own a newsletter which they are planning to convert to a magzine by March.
We recently held a programme at Vetland Senior Grammar School on Wednesday 18th feb 2009. Omo Baba no 1 was the invited guest. He spoke on 'HOW TO AHCIEVE POSITIVE THINGS FROM THE NEGATIVE THINGS OF LIFE'
Although the Organisation is so young that it cannot afford to pay any one at present, we believe that great things start small and that ideas are wealth.
I really appreciate the fact that there are Nigerians who are interested in changing the life of the Nigerian youth. Any interest and passion filled person can contact me on 08069256914 or mail; hollerbhodehedu@yahoo.com for more info or to book a date.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by freelance(m): 4:00am On Mar 02, 2009
Can anyone kindly tell me how to start an NGO in Nigeria. I would really appreciate your kind response.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chique(f): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ aisha,
i am also interested in getting a job in any of the NGOs in fct abuja. i read physiotherapy and will love to work with women and youths. i have always wanted to work with an NGO but i guess its been difficult getting a placement without the neccessary info.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by freelance(m): 3:47am On Mar 05, 2009
Very urgent vacancy for female graduate or undergraduate
with NGO experience , send CV to info@linkachild.org or
call 08033854523,

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chique(f): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2009
@adakedajor,
thank u for the info. i will appreciate it more if u could write me a private mail. sleekyslash@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by giftyedu: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
right now world bank is hiring, i'm not really interested in the ngo stuff cos you know the money is equally important. you can visit www.worldbank.com to apply, or you can apply via www. jobsaround..com. guess this will help gud luck. ;d

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by chique(f): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
thank u somuch @ giftedu. am very gratefull. am already at the site and exploring more on what it takes to work there.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by mgbogo: 7:21am On Mar 06, 2009
Please
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by haisoj: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2009
For latest NGO jobs go to http://www.confabee.com/confabee/jobs-nigeria/category/ngo-and-consultancy

You can also receive job updates via your email by subscribing here
http://www.confabee.com/confabee/jobs-nigeria/email-subscription
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Ememobong(f): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2009
please am interested in working with an NGO.i live in Lagos and i would any field,my email address is peakanj@yahoo.com.i really need to put my energy into something wonderful to take my mind off things.thank you
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by vacantjobs: 12:53am On Mar 21, 2009
please rush down to submit ur application since most end next week.
Follow this link and click on job vacancies

http://midesworld.co.nr

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by UKBaby3(f): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
hi am a medical doctor and i just finished my House job, i reside in lagos, can someone please help me with information on how to get an NGO job. the areas am interested in are
Maternal And Child Health,
Adolescence & reproductive Health and
HIV/AIDs, I dont mind signing in as an Intern or Attending Internship Trainings,
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by rockappella: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
I have recently discovered my passion in the environmental industry particularly working with animals. I plan to pursue a masters in environmental science but in the meantime i want to gain hands-on experience. If anyone can provide advise please contact me at rockappella7@gmail.com. Thank you!
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by terrylouis(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2012
I have read and do listen everybody post ,but my own case is quite different from others,please if anyone know any NGO who can Help in the area of financial aspect,such as school. please for. Anyone who have this information should please help me. Here is my contact E-mail:louisisaac55@gmail.com or 08028381450
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by lee4u: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
Am interested. I hv passion for poverty allivaton.I live and work in Lagos as self employed. So pls contact me on kateiheziechilee@yahoo. com
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Fudey(f): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ flakydudu i really appreciate u for opening dis topic.am very much interesting in working wit an NGO preferably in d area of environment,food security and poverty alleviation. some1 pls help.i stay in Abuja
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Fudey(f): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ flakydudu i really appreciate u for opening dis topic.am very much interesting in working wit an NGO preferably in d area of environment,food security and poverty alleviation. some1 pls link me up.i stay in Abuja
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by neilshere: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2012
Hi all! Just thought I would mention www.jobs4development.com a job site that I helped to design which focuses on NGOs active in international development. Happy job hunting!
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by Temmy077: 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hi all, @ aisha: am interested in HIV/aids.i av B.sc in microbiology, p.gd. in hiv/aids edu&mgt.i based in lagos.i have passion for this job.my mobile nos are:08035136183, 08075167747.
My e.mail addr is.owale@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by rmgbemeje: 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hey guys.

Please i am interested in working in an NGO, interest (Children and Women) especially in the area of abuse. It really hurts me to see the recent cases and increase of abuse in children and women.

Please i need to know which organisation to look out for and how to go about it(Courses i should take , etc)

Thank you.
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by mikovo2002(m): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Pls I am interested working with an NGO,especially in the area of capacity bulding
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by graciousamy: 11:10am On May 01, 2013
Thanks
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by calltonia2000: 10:40pm On May 01, 2013
Pls I need a NGO job with or without pay any info in abj pls contact calltonia2000@yahoo.com.or any link or where I will go
Re: How Can I Get An NGO Job? by LobsanRampa(m): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
calltonia2000: Pls I need a NGO job with or without pay any info in abj pls contact calltonia2000@yahoo.com.or any link or where I will go

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Exercise For Year 2015 / Apply For Kerry Group 2016 Graduate Program / My Fellow Inec Adhoc Workers..how Much Is Being Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.