Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Embedded Systems- The Way Forward - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Embedded Systems- The Way Forward (881 Views)

Cool Projects(embedded Systems) / Embedded Systems- The Way Forward / Embedded Systems- The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Embedded Systems- The Way Forward by usisky(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
Do u want to find out what embedded systems are? or are u already familiar with it?

As an embedded systems designer, i will be giving u all the necessary information to my best of knowledge regarding the subject of discussion. As a graduate of electrical/computer engineering, i have been designing electronic systems/projects for my mates during school days and still doing so on request.

Embedded systems design is simply  a fusion of many disciplines, e.g, hardware design(electronics), computer programming. i believe its a promising area to begin to look into. Embedded systems are the heart of virtually every system u can think of today.from the navigational system driving your airplane, to the microwave oven in your house.even the very mobile phones we use daily are classified as embedded systems. becoming an embedded systems designer opens door for u in a variety of disciplines, such as, robotics(mechatronics) , Avionics, Automobile and a lot more. i invite all curious minds to look into this promising area of technology. All that is required of u is, knowledge of electronics design, computer programming(assembly,high-level), and a knowledge of programming processors, microcontroller, DSPs and others.

below is a glimpse  of the projects i have built with my colleague over the years. if u need help on a project u intend to embark on , or u want one built for u, then feel free to consult me. u are welcome to share ur ideas too.thanks

• Digital  temperature  logger.with logs saved on an SD card in stand alone mode or hosted by a PC
• Digital  pressure  logger. with logs saved on an SD card in stand alone mode or hosted by a PC
• Radio  frequency  identification(RFID)
• Fingerprint  scanning  for  access  control
• Precision  programmable electronic  fuses
• Programmable  AC/DC  overvoltage/undervoltage monitoring
• Intelligent  Voltage  stabilizer
• Mains  frequency  monitoring
• Phase angle/pwm  controllers
• LED  solid state  lighting(replacement  for  florescent and incandescent  lamps)
• Solar  powered  solid state lighting systems
• Smart  DC/AC  conveters(inveters) using  MOSFETS  or IGBTs
• DC-DC conveters (choppers) e.g for laptops
• AC/DC  and  AC/AC  converter  systems
• Automated  lighting intensity  control  for  bulbs used in utility conservation systems
• Automated  fan speed  controller, based  on ambient  temperature level.  User  programmable(manually  or  with IR control)
• FM  infra red  earphone for  HI-FI audio
• High-tech  subwoofer systems with acoustic deficiency cancellation
• Digital  audio  record/playback for  voice messaging  and  announcements.
• Digital  calendar/Reminder/Alarm  system
• Digital portable  notebook, using normal LCDs  or  GRAPHIC LCDs
• GSM monitoring  and control, utilizing SMS or DTMF schemes.
• Automated LAN cable  tester  with cable type/speed  and  defect  detection
• Digital  IC(integrated  circuit)  tester
• Customizable  matrix crosspoint swithching for  audio  or  video
• Electronic  teaching  aid  for  kids  or adult education
• Electronic student attendance  marker, employing  fingerprint or RFID
• Ultrasonic  intrusion detection  and monitoring
• Passive infra red(PIR) intrusion detection and monitoring. Employs black body radiation
• Vehicle(robotic) guidance. Wirelessly guided, upto  40km
• Robotic  end-effector(manipulator), for precision pick-and-place  applications
• Digital  ammeter/Voltmeter, for AC/DC
• Oscilloscope  input  expander
• Electronic  pasturization and preservation unit, for dairy products
• GSM/GPS  car  tracker
• Multi-digit  matrix LED scrolling  displays. With wireless message update or via pc-serial port
• Multi-drop  wireless  intercom system
• Short-range/Long-range FM  transmitters, utilizing crystal  or  varactor diode modulation
• Instant messaging system utilizing dedicated hardware
• Multi-user based access control for Door Security system.with admin control over the pc.
• Keyboard Interfacing
• Digital thermometer
• Ultrasonic  car  collision avoidance  system
• Solar Position(tracking) Control
• Fluid Temperature Control using PWM
• Prepaid Billing Mechanism for Energy Meters
• RF Based Wireless Data Transfer
• Appliance Control Using RF Communication
• RFID Attendance System.
• Implementing Process (Temperature) Control and monitoring system
• Design and Implementation of wireless Home security system.

(1) (Reply)

Fabrication Of Crane / Inverter Batteries / Unlimited Browsing And Download With Your Bb Plan 24/7!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.