Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? (1329 Views)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / Did I Need Nafdac To Start Food Packaging / Mini Importation: Run Fast With These Products [ Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
I am in negotiations with two foreign companies that want me to become their major distributor in West Africa especially to cover Nigeria, Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and Burkina Faso.
I would like to know if I will be required to register them with NAFDAC when importing them into Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by Nairalandmonika: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Why would u want to import such products, when will have producers of such in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by uniknet: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Not sure you can import fruit juice. Policy to support local production. They are produced locally. But you can still find out.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by Goldencheese(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
They are among the banned products in Nigeria. But why not write a proposal to the companies and tell them you'd like to do a joint venture with them in Africa's largest market. That way, you'd be a shareholder, you can penetrate the Nigerian and African markets and you make more money?

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
DonMarveloz:
I am in negotiations with two foreign companies that want me to become their major distributor in West Africa especially to cover Nigeria, Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and Burkina Faso.
I would like to know if I will be required to register them with NAFDAC when importing them into Nigeria.

Chief there is a company in Lekki Free Trade zone producing Kellogg products.
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by destinychildolu(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
All na scam
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
I appreciate the advises so I will probably rule out Nigeria from the list and focus on the other countries since they don't have issues with importing the products. I had my doubts about Nigeria which is the reason I had to ask first.
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
destinychildolu:
All na scam

What is scam about the post or you just decided to make a fool of yourself. Why not avoid commenting if you have no iota of idea upstairs.
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
uruba23:

Chief there is a company in Lekki Free Trade zone producing Kellogg products.

Do they produce the noodles as well? If they do please help me get their contact because I might do business with them. Thanks in advance.
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Goldencheese:
They are among the banned products in Nigeria. But why not write a proposal to the companies and tell them you'd like to do a joint venture with them in Africa's largest market. That way, you'd be a shareholder, you can penetrate the Nigerian and African markets and you make more money?

When you say joint venture, do you mean building a manufacturing company itself in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by DonMarveloz: 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
uniknet:
Not sure you can import fruit juice. Policy to support local production. They are produced locally. But you can still find out.

Thanks
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by excanny: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Noodles and fruit juice are contrabands

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by Goldencheese(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
DonMarveloz:

When you say joint venture, do you mean building a manufacturing company itself in Nigeria?

Yes, the only way you can have such drinks in Nigeria is through local production. If you play your cards well and leverage on the money you want to use to import the products as your equity in the deal, any manufacturer would want to listen to you. Don't play it small. Get a tight business plan that captures your intent or at least a proposal ...talk to them and I see something positive coming out of it. You can only manufacture them here but can't import.
Re: Do I Need Nafdac Registration To Import These Products? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 20, 2020
DonMarveloz:

Do they produce the noodles as well? If they do please help me get their contact because I might do business with them. Thanks in advance.
https://www.nairaland.com/4259455/kelloggs-tolaram-group-commissioned-6

Seems the tolaram group from singapore has stake in Dufil and Kellogg in multipro....just join them even Dangote noddles could not beat them out.

Address: 38 Eric Moore Rd, Surulere, Lagos
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
Phone: 0807 709 945

(1) (Reply)

Earn 30% Of Your Investment In 20 Days In Cryptoconxult. / Please Help My Friend Just Got Scammed !!!!!!!!!!! / Dollar To Naira Black Market Rate Today 22nd September 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.