Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? (1585 Views)

How Can I Bypass And Reset A Passworded Laptop / Facebook Blocked, How Do I Bypass? / How Do I Bypass Proxy Servers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by Equity7: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2011
pls i forgot my password and i need to access my laptop, abeg help ooo!!
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by xeun(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
u be mumu how can u ever forget ur pxw? wel pres alt+cnt+del it w giv u chance to enter usnane put administrator nd enta
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by Equity7: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
thanks for the insult but i know ctrl+Alt+delete cannot work outside the GUI
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by deco2come: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
Try booting your computer in a safe mode, if you are able to login, then create a new administrator account.

If you don't succeed in booting from safe mode, then the next option you have is logging in with "DOS" command. You have 10% of succeeding with this method because, by default your computer turn this off for security purposes. Hope your own is enabled before you forgot your password.

You can also ask Mr Google for best answers. Wish you luck
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by FunmyKemmy(f): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ deco2come

How can one boot a laptop using safe mode.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by Equity7: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ deco2come, thanks for the post, i tried safe mode but it also ask for the password to enter safe mode, how do i log in with DOS command?
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by deco2come: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
FunmyKemmy:

@ deco2come

How can one boot a laptop using safe mode.

Thanks.

Sorry for my late reply. To answer your question,

You can boot your computer using the safe mode by pressing the F8 when you turn on your computer.
Method
1.) Turn on your system.
2.) After some view seconds, your computer will display a blank screen. Press the F8 continues about 2-4times.
3.) Wait for some seconds, your computer will display some options asking you which mode you want to boost your computer.
4.) Choose the Safe mode(it is display on the screen).

Remember, safe mode is mainly use to solve persistent problems like virus infections, or files that refuses to be uninstall or deleted.

Equity7:

@ deco2come, thanks for the post, i tried safe mode but it also ask for the password to enter safe mode, how do i log in with DOS command?

Sorry for my late response, try this method also

1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be – and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)

2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”

3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.

4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now

5. The Licensing Agreement comes next – Press F8 to accept it.

6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.

It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”

Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.

7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.

8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”

9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.

10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.

11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.

12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).

13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2011
Thanks so much deco2come.

The problem is that my laptop has been malfunctioning for some weeks now. The keyboard has been hanging.

I have not been able to input my passoword due to the hanging problem. I have realised that the safe mode method will not work for me due to the problem at hand.

Please what can I do?
Re: How Do I Bypass My Logon Password? by Equity7: 1:12pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ deco2come, thanks so much, i know that method but the bios is not configured to boot first from CD. that is why i didn't use this method.

i have bn able to bypass the password, i used a keydisk to bypassed it.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale-multi-links Usb Modem (3g Blue Broadband: Ev-do) / Who Will Teach Me Ms Excel And Powerpoint Here Pls / Software Download And Installation Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.