Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 (1584 Views)

FUTO Students Manufactures A Device To Stop The Spread Of Covid-19 / How People Are Containing The Spread Of Coronavirus Around The World (Photos) / Nigeria’s Hot Temperature May Suppress Spread Of Coronavirus — Virologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Chukwuma111: 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nigeria students,ifeanyi chukwu henry and isaac Edmond of the federal university of technology owerri (FUTO) imo state Nigeria have invented a device that can stop the spread of covid 19.

According to the two Electrical engineering students of FUTO,the name of the device is 'centinel' ,and it is built to help combat the alarming rate of with which coronavirus is spreading.Watch the full video @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYt2I6X2rh4

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by FreshBoss007: 10:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Go to an isolation centre to use it
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Iranu sad
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Engrgreg231(m): 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
This is a good work but Nigeria will never believe this they will still wait for Made in China own
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Haniel18: 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
The useless government won't work on this ones ooo, they will be waiting for free tins abroad or doing online begging
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by BabbanBura(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chukwuma111:
Nigeria students,ifeanyi chukwu henry and isaac Edmond of the federal university of technology owerri (FUTO) imo state Nigeria have invented a device that can stop the spread of covid 19.

According to the two Electrical engineering students of FUTO,the name of the device is 'centinel' ,and it is built to help combat the alarming rate of with which coronavirus is spreading.Watch the full video @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYt2I6X2rh4

Cool but can we mass produce this in Naija even if they get a sponsor?
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by ChristianNorth: 12:17am On Apr 20, 2020
You are in a zoo and from the East.

Pitch this to Trump on Twitter and you might get lucky.

Those dudes tried.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by okomogo(m): 12:31am On Apr 20, 2020
This should grace front-page, let's help Nigeria to grow
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Commonsense99: 12:34am On Apr 20, 2020
sad
They should have focused on the gravity censor, and leave out the thermometer aspect.

Anyway the ideaology behind this is good, nice one guys.
Unfortunately Nigeria is wrong country where irrespective of what good intention you bring to the table, the bigoted illiterate government checks your surname even more than Nairalanders...and predictably try to kill your aspiration.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Amhappy(f): 12:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Nice. If they can have a social distancing alarm that will be great. I hope someone pick this innovation and take it to the permanent site.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Kennyfancy(m): 12:54am On Apr 20, 2020
Nice
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Etinosa1234: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2020
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 20, 2020
ChristianNorth:
You are in a zoo and from the East.

Pitch this to Trump on Twitter and you might get lucky.

Those dudes tried.

Not an invention. The awful looking device , which is useful to a fault, is a mere conglomerate of the ideas of old inventors.

Call me "hater". Without a n95 mask, or it's Ankara caricature, the device reeks 100% uselessness. Surprisingly, with a n95
mask the effectiveness of the device may rise up to a positive 80%.

The students should only patent that reconstruction of theirs and get across to major stakeholders who will transform their scrap , package it , make it available in surplus to Nigerians and export it to South America and Africa for North America, Europe and Eastern Asia will never buy a secondary medical product from Nigeria at the moment.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:39am On Apr 20, 2020
This wonderful. Igbo Amaka.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by fearless247: 1:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Nice try. These guys need to trend so their work can go viral.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by fearless247: 1:45am On Apr 20, 2020
BrilliantGigolo:
Not an invention. The awful looking device , which is useful to a fault, is a mere conglomerate of the ideas of old inventors.

Call me "hater". Without a n95 mask, or it's Ankara caricature, the device reeks 100% uselessness. Surprisingly, with a n95

The students should only patent that reconstruction of theirs and get across to major stakeholders who will transform their scrap , package it , make it available in surplus to Nigerians and export it to South America and Africa for North America, Europe and Eastern Asia will never buy a medical secondary product from Nigeria at the moment.

With all your useless grammar here, you haven't shown us the one you invented. Enemy of progress.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 20, 2020
fearless247:

With all your useless grammar here, you haven't shown us the one you invented. Enemy of progress.

Keep quiet. You tool!
Now, crawl back into your hole.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Zaheertyler(m): 2:57am On Apr 20, 2020
I'm proud cool cool
The guy above me is a sadist
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Moneywirer: 2:59am On Apr 20, 2020
Does it mean there are no NCDC officials on this platform??
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by kaeycea(m): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
BrilliantGigolo:

The students should only patent that reconstruction of theirs and get across to major stakeholders who will transform their scrap , package it , make it available in surplus to Nigerians and export it to South America and Africa for North America, Europe and Eastern Asia will never buy a secondary medical product from Nigeria at the moment. No need to tag Mr POTUS.

Combine the technology in that stuff, reduce it to the size of hand bands which are disposable daily because of the need to refill the hand sanitizer and gift a face mask in the package of the product. That's a complete set.

Supply it to the hawkers "of Eastern Zoo descent" across the busy roads of this country and you would just have blessed the developers with a substitute for Gala and La Casera.

Fix the price at 200 naira per package.

Enforce the use of the product and "open-up" for hungry people who will quote me.
After reading about all thier effort to make the world a better place for us all, this is what you can come up with..
You've psychotic issues.. you're really troubled and sick
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by fearless247: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2020
Zaheertyler:
I'm proud cool cool
The guy above me is a sadist
You are too useless to get my attention.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by MainJoe: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2020
Wow. These guys are geniuses and really need support. As I have said repeatedly, the Federal Government needs to work intensively with the academic institutions in this war against the invisible enemy, Covid-19.

I believe we can get rapid testing kits produced in large amount if we have a coalition between the academia and private sector. Also research for possible treatments.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by Zaheertyler(m): 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
fearless247:

You are too useless to get my attention.
Nna gi
sadist
Why are you always bitter
Take it easy oo
Try to be happy forgive your self
Then see how things turns out for you
At least you will get your sanity back
Because like this. You are mad
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by watchindelta(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by fearless247: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
Zaheertyler:

Nna gi
sadist
Why are you always bitter
Take it easy oo
Try to be happy forgive your self
Then see how things turns out for you
At least you will get your sanity back
Because like this. You are mad
Your generation is mad.
Re: COVID-19:FUTO Students Manufactures A Device Which Can Stop The Spread Of Covid1 by JudeMaryCoach: 12:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Thats great. They just came second at an international innovation competition which it was done online because of Covid-19. They have registered their own company and already being funded. Our FUTO Alumni Lagos Chapter is handling proceedings. Since I uploaded that video on YouTube I have been receiving calls even from UK and USA from interested investors

(1) (Reply)

Hepatitis B Virus / Reasons You Should Start Eating Pineapple / Pleas Help With Your Idea On Pile/hemorrhoids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.