Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths (63666 Views)

51 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 493. 17 deaths. 159 discharged / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 288. 7 Deaths. 51 Discharged / 23 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Total Of 174 Confirmed Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Immarocks(f): 7:37am On Apr 20, 2020
this pple are not giving us real information....I watched a video of 43 pple buried in Kano between Friday and Sunday and they are giving us 21 death...every day they are discharging patients without follow up.it is said that Kyari's health deteriorated days to his discharge so how are we sure the pple they have discharged are completely healed..
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by timmy2324: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2020
kano will soon overtake lagos
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2020
Ishilove:
These NCDC are a bunch of confusionists and alarmists. They should clarify that the official active cases are 436 instead of just lumping everything together and making our collective buttocks contract in fear.

I am very on every update posted the total discharged ,total is as boldly & clearly stated as total cases you see .... stop been lazy do the maths yourself then no one can decieve.

just rule that vertical line we do in maths under .... the only way yu won't get d correct ans is using a four figure table.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by bayelsaowei(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
MrJaay:
As expected.

Test more people, get more confirmed cases.

The numbers will rise to it's peak then gradually fall.

Statistics still shows that we are very far behind in testing when compared to other smaller African countries, and this is hella worrisome.

Nigeria isnt a serious country o. Take a look at testing per 1 million people. Ours is the lowest but with largest population

1 Like

Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Enugbe: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Re-opening the economy is deadly.
People with health issues are vulnerable. In Nigeria, many have never had a medical check-up and don't know if they carry some form of sickness or not. Some sicknesses are slow to evolve e.g. leukemia, tuberculosis, sickle cell, lung cancer etc...person no go no.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by nonhuman(m): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
We warned them, about Chinese doctors but they didn't listen
That the Chinese agenda is to ascalate the figure since there are low low figures in Nigeria.
Chinse doctors went to Italy to help but Italy because the worst hit country afterwords
We warned buhari about Chinese doctors but as usual he is deaf dumb
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=saasala post=88636852]Brace up guys, no one is going to work anytime soon.

Sh1t is looking more scary. 86 new cases with 4 new deaths?

I have been reading on the internet how Nigerians claim the Lagos doctors are doing wonders and other countries need to come check the formular they are using. Sorry to burst your burbles, our recovery rate is just as good as that of every other country. In fact some countries like Italy, Germany, Netherlands etc have higher percentage of recovered patients. Check https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ . We are not doing well at all.

That aside, with the cases going northward on daily bases, I for see lockdown for longer weeks ahead. We are in deepshit in Lagos. And if the govt decides to allow us go to work to save the economy and our stomach, we will still be in deep sh1t as more Corona casualties will immerge. Now there is a conundrum.

How does Emeka who sells Gala in traffic for daily gain of 500 Naira feed,
bros wetin na
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by SenecaTheYonger: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Davabhz:
This lockdown go end June or July o

You are lucky if it ends by September
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Enugbe: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Another concern is if the vaccine will be effective or not. People are getting reinfected... researchers are yet to figure out why but I guess it's possible to be reinfected by another strain of the virus. Last time I read, there were 5 identified strains.
If my assumption is correct, this may mean research energy should be channelled to developing vaccines for individual strain...
If things are not done properly, there will be anarchy but the overall effect will be bad... survival of the fittest.
We pray it doesn't come to this..
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Vicvalentine: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2020
Your mental health is important.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You sound really scared. You need to calm down. There's always a way out.
help me tell am, just dy put fear 4 people body with long talk
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Immarocks(f): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2020
this pple are not giving us real information....I watched a video of 43 pple buried in Kano between Friday and Sunday and they are giving us 21 death...every day they are discharging patients without follow up.it is said that Kyari's health deteriorated days to his discharge so how are we sure the pple they have discharged are completely healed..the way I see this if our govt does not take charge of this pandemic, our case will be worst than Italy (God forbid).people still go to isolation centers to see relatives (for God's sake),they said social distance but look at what we saw at Kyari's burial and places whr they are sharing food.....this pandemic should teach our govt to have proactive measures and not to be risking pple lives with emergency responsive measures.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
.. can you see a very mature and sensible entity using his brain. They keep skyrocketing figures. Let them show us where all these people are kept they refused!. I pity Abba Kyari that just died, them go use him dey manufacture figures now up and down
the guy said what i was looking 4, the rest are spewing trash....
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by azadus18: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2020
operation second 11 might come soon
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by ezemme(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2020
humblebobojay:
Hmmmm please am tired of seeing this covid-19 election figures please show us some picture of infected person!
Exactly! Let them show us Yaba center where the doctors are working tirelessly to save lives and patients fighting for their lives.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Brownsun(f): 7:56am On Apr 20, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

You are lucky if it ends by September
Lol. hope u know that's not possible?? grin las lass we will just learn to live with this corona cos life must go on. Countries are already re opening their economy. I believe they are testing more people now, once that is done, the numbers will start reducing.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Gabbriell: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Well, they have already predicted 10million for Africa

Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by lastround(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2020
Chigold101:
but why are not dying?
Why don't we see them cough up and down?
This is not just about test.
Coronavirus disease is not what you can hide once it gets to advance stage.
At that point you don't even need to test unless for routine sake.
If these are old cases, people should be dropping dead in their houses by now in Lagos because it's already over 3 weeks Lagos went on lockdown

Thank you my brother. I think we as a people need to understand if though someone is positive depending on the body's immune system, the person may never be ill. Test is not sickness. And if the rate is as high as people are saying why are we not dying in hundreds as seen in Europe and US. I think we need to remove fear and look for ways to fortify our immune system. It will come and go. Cheers
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Foxie: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
.. staying indoors for how long? Have you been staying indoors? If you have been staying indoors since the last 21 days, have you shown any symptoms I'm asking you! Yes you!¡!!
Ogbeni, did you hear that it's dirty environment that spreads the virus? Focus on the subject of discussion!
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by gfon(m): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Adakintroy2:

Shut up think properly. You people always like the good things of life. Is it not Europe that is most hit and America. now you want dubai. No national got it right.. if it was an examination everyone failed.

However Africa is fairing better. Europe will envy our numbers. Less than 21,000 thousand in the continent in terms of case, just above 1,000 deaths. while America already is overing around 40thousand deaths and 800,000 cases.
you can always air ur view without insulting others. Stay safe
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by noziz(m): 8:01am On Apr 20, 2020
shocked e don set. Na thousands this thing wan go enter so!
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Enugbe: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2020
ezemme:

Exactly! Let them show us Yaba center where the doctors are working tirelessly to save lives and patients fighting for their lives.

May you not experience sickness. You don't need to see to believe something like this. What you should be concerned about is the insecurity in inadequate testing. I have been to Yaba myself. There are even worse ailments. Covid-19 just spreads fast and is incurable- that's all.

Most people don't know the meanings of things like: measles, polio, Lassa fever, Ebola etc until they get it themselves.

You don't need to have first-hand experience. Coronavirus is real. Stay at home and help reduce lockdown time.
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
.. staying indoors for how long? Have you been staying indoors? If you have been staying indoors since the last 21 days, have you shown any symptoms I'm asking you! Yes you!¡!!
u dy mind am? like he has been in his room 4 21 days
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Billyanger(m): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2020
anigbajumo:
The picture is getting clearer,hope you all are the reason why top European countries are evacuating their citizens in Nigeria??

I can bet it,if this trend is continue like this we are likely to be having over 100 cases per day in the next 72hr which will run into thousands in the next 7 days.Hope you fo**lish people that are saying corona is not real can see the damages u av caused in Nigeria's society by encouraging people to float the lockdown order,we are going to experience this together,keep on displaying ur stupidity.

You dey vex oh. Biko grin
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by wintersnow(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2020
humblebobojay:
Hmmmm please am tired of seeing this covid-19 election figures please show us some picture of infected person!

That would be a breach in patient /doctor confidentiality.. How would you feel if you were HIV positive and your pictures were displayed in all the news stations in Nigeria?
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Enugbe: 8:06am On Apr 20, 2020
wintersnow:

That would be a breach in patient /doctor confidentiality.. How would you feel if you were HIV positive and your pictures were displayed in all the news stations in Nigeria?

This is the same reason people will refuse to submit for testing...distrust and stigmatisation
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by chigo5(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Ololanla:
The whole world must unit against China on this but the beggarly attitude of African leaders towards China won't give them (African leaders) the boldness to be part of such move.
did the world unite against Africa Wen Ebola came, if u say China invent coro who invent Ebola or HIV, I guess we should call HIV American disease
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by nwajesus12(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2020
sexymoma:
You see my problem in this country is even the news casters, those ones that claim to be educated will coviniently pronounce the figures.
Now every evening you inform us about those that has been discharged... At night you'll give us another figures of those tested positive..
So all those SAN, celebrities, politicians, professors in Nigeria can't question FG about real numbers of those infected..
Substract those discharged from 627
That is 470 - those that died 21
That 436
Total: 436
That is why they keep fooling us, we won't ask questions, we'll just sit there, permit me to say 90 percent of our so called celeb are just too dull.walai I dey boil...
no need to throw tantrums, even in USA, they sum the total of infected people with that of recovered and death, they don't substract the numbers..
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
..MUMU!!! O DE NIE!!! when we are in March, you were saying let's wait for the end of April. April is about to finish, you know calling May ending
hahahaha
na real ode
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by murmee: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2020
lastround:

Thank you my brother. I think we as a people need to understand if though someone is positive depending on the body's immune system, the person may never be ill. Test is not sickness. And if the rate is as high as people are saying why are we not dying in hundreds as seen in Europe and US. I think we need to remove fear and look for ways to fortify our immune system. It will come and go. Cheers
Very sensible submission!
Re: 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths by Saintfrancis82(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2020
Almighty God will see us through this Chinese disease pandemic in the name of Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiger Tests Positive For Coronavirus In New York / Causes Of Yellow,smelly Stone-like Lump In The Mouth. / Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.