Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari (290 Views)

Orji Kalu Spotted On ATM Queue (photos) / COVID-19: PDP Demands Suspension Of ATM, Mobile Transfer, Electricity Charges / Amnesty International Reacts As Buhari Govt Slams Treason Charges On Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Abolaji2709: 10:22am On Apr 20, 2020
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari government during the COVID-19 lockdown to suspend charges for use of ATM cards and low amount mobile fund transfers.

Source below
https://www..com.ng/covid-19-suspend-charges-on-atm-mobile-transfer-and-electricity-pdp-tells-buhari-govt/

Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Iyiataata92: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
even if the government was planning to do this before now, they will cancel the plan because PDP have advised them.
The APC hate advice and criticism and even more when it is coming from the PDP
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Rich4god(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2020
Not sure this is a good idea... If you suspend charges, banks profit will drop and they will have a good reason not to pay salary. Therefore the measure will be counter productive.
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Abolaji2709: 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
Rich4god:
Not sure this is a good idea... If you suspend charges, banks profit will drop and they will have a good reason not to pay salary. Therefore the measure will be counter productive.
So you mean they won't pay staffs cus of the unnecessary charges?
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by inedujac: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Atm. Maintenance have just shatter my hope o.
My last 2k i want withdraw today for food stuff, first bank don change d story o.

Pls Anybody with good heart should help me transfer hundred naira so that i can be able to withdraw the 2k as to meet up my budget. Thanks in advance.

3102380034 first bank

Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by seunmsg(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Abolaji2709:
So you mean they won't pay staffs cus of the unnecessary charges?

Bank is in the business of making money. What you termed ‘unnecessary charges’ is good income to banks. Without those charges, they can’t render services to you and keep on as a going concern.

The suggestion by PDP is actually senseless. FG cannot suspend legitimate charges of private organizations. Most of these charges were fixed after due consultation with CBN. Buhari cannot wake up one day and suspend the charges, it would amount to tyranny and lead to poor performance of the banks.

What FG can do is to help struggling citizens by scaling-up the ongoing cash transfer to the poorest households. CBN can also support struggling SMEs with soft loans so that they can be able to stay afloat and pay their workers.
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Abolaji2709: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
seunmsg:

Bank is in the business of making money. What you termed ‘unnecessary charges’ is good income to banks. Without those charges, they can’t render services to you and keep on as a going concern.

The suggestion by PDP is actually senseless. FG cannot suspend legitimate charges of private organizations. Most of these charges were fixed after due consultation with CBN. Buhari cannot wake up one day and suspend the charges, it would amount to tyranny and lead to poor performance of the banks.

What FG can do is to help struggling citizens by scaling-up the ongoing cash transfer to the poorest households. CBN can also support struggling SMEs with soft loans so that they can be able to stay afloat and pay their workers.
Thanks for the enlightenment boss. I now want to ask about the "good income" you mentioned, is it that the state of the country is what's making these guys deduct these fees it it's a general concept?
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by seunmsg(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
Abolaji2709:
Thanks for the enlightenment boss. I now want to ask about the "good income" you mentioned, is it that the state of the country is what's making these guys deduct these fees it it's a general concept?

It is simply business. They render services and then charge their customers for the services. If you’re using ATM more than three times in a month, or not transferring money to a customer in another bank other than yours, or not buying electricity online, you won’t be charged for these services.
Re: Suspend Charges On Atm, Mobile Transfer And Electricity – Pdp Tells Buhari by Abolaji2709: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2020
seunmsg:

It is simply business. They render services and then charge their customers for the services. If you’re using ATM more than three times in a month, or not transferring money to a customer in another bank other than yours, or not buying electricity online, you won’t be charged for these services.
I understand Better now, thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: ICYMI: Bishop Oyedepo, Others Are ‘contraveners Of Common Sense’ — Soy / Nigeria Records $434m Oil, Gas Sales In January – NNPC / Covid-19: Nigerian Lawyers Drag China To Court Over COVID-19, Demands $200b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.